Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Harvey Risch, an epidemiology professor at Yale School of Public Health, said on Tuesday that he thinks hydroxychloroquine could save 75,000 to 100,000 lives if the drug is widely used to treat coronavirus.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
      Whatever Trump did or didn't do - a Demo would have been worse.
      Based on what? I don't think a democrat would have called the virus a hoax. They also would have been more willing to shutdown quicker.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Based on what? I don't think a democrat would have called the virus a hoax. They also would have been more willing to shutdown quicker.
        - emphasis mine

During an election year? Based on the precedent set by Bill Clinton -- ie not going to the john without consulting a poll first -- I'm not at all sure that any other contemporary Democrat, Republican, or third party figure, would have been particularly quick to order nation-wide shutdowns, not when it was going to be his name on the ballot in just eight months' times. Like as not they would have buried their heads in their pillows hoping that covid-19 would just blow over before the nominating conventions. Andrew Cuomo gets to look like a tough guy confronting covid, but keep in mind that he's not up for reelection for another two years, so it's been relatively easy for him. Had covid struck in 2022 instead of 2020, Cuomo would be just as deer-in-the-headlights'ed as Trump.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I agree with Slick, maybe, maybe not.
          However, I'm pretty sure any other president (Dem or Republican) wouldn't have ignored the intelligence or the science.

That's why we're in this mess. He ignored the early intelligence and then when the experts warmed him it was going to get worse, he blew it off as a hoax.

Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

However, I'm pretty sure any other president (Dem or Republican) wouldn't have ignored the intelligence or the science.

That's why we're in this mess. He ignored the early intelligence and then when the experts warmed him it was going to get worse, he blew it off as a hoax.
            Would that be the "real intelligence" from the Chinese, the worthless WHO, the useless CDC, the waffling and incompetent Fauci or the lying governors and their falsified COVID reports put out by their "public health" trained seals?
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              - emphasis mine

During an election year? Based on the precedent set by Bill Clinton -- ie not going to the john without consulting a poll first -- I'm not at all sure that any other contemporary Democrat, Republican, or third party figure, would have been particularly quick to order nation-wide shutdowns, not when it was going to be his name on the ballot in just eight months' times. Like as not they would have buried their heads in their pillows hoping that covid-19 would just blow over before the nominating conventions. Andrew Cuomo gets to look like a tough guy confronting covid, but keep in mind that he's not up for reelection for another two years, so it's been relatively easy for him. Had covid struck in 2022 instead of 2020, Cuomo would be just as deer-in-the-headlights'ed as Trump.
              It's their name on the ballot when we're 6 months into this and still not in the clear due to a slow response.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

If they wouldn't ignore the intelligence then that suggests they would have shutdown quicker. The intelligence says we should have shut things down, especially travel, at an earlier date. I think everyone, but Joe, would have had a better response, but that's just my personal opinion.
                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Would that be the "real intelligence" . . . .
                  One of the "founding fathers" of US intelligence, Col Wild Bill Donovan, would have started with publicly available sources, like newspapers.

"Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China," The Lancet, 21 Feb 2020
                  "Ringing the alarm, by Fan Wei," Yang Cheng and Cui Meng, Global Times, 6 Feb 2020
                  "Hong Kong takes emergency measures as mystery ‘pneumonia’ infects dozens in China’s Wuhan city," by Mindy Zuo, et al, South China Morning Post, 31 Dec 2019
                  "CHP closely monitors cluster of pneumonia cases on Mainland," Hong Kong Government Press Release, 31 Dec 2019

Hasn't Pres Trump assigned staffers to keep up with press reports about important global events? Isn't he some kind of managerial genius or something?

Comment

The circumstances leading to Herman Cain's contraction of COVID is very absurdist and moronic.

Greed and ambition- and dishonesty- lead to his death.

Comment

It's their name on the ballot when we're 6 months into this and still not in the clear due to a slow response.
                      You're presupposing that politicians are capable of that kind of thinking. Clinton's "it's the economy, stupid," has pretty much become a mantra for all presidential candidates since. Come to think of it, from a politician's point of view, it's not stupid at all.

Since 1900, only one president has won re-election with a recession occurring sometime in the last two years of their first term: William McKinley.

"All the U.S. Presidents Who Won Re-Elections During a Recession," by Alexandra Hutzler, Newsweek, 20 Mar 2020
                      I can't think of the White House occupant who wouldn't sell his own mother in exchange for a second term. I doubt such a creature has ever existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Would that be the "real intelligence" from the Chinese, the worthless WHO, the useless CDC, the waffling and incompetent Fauci or the lying governors and their falsified COVID reports put out by their "public health" trained seals?
                        No.
                        That would be the real intelligence from the intelligence community.
                        He gets an intelligence briefing every morning. However, that doesn't mean he reads it or pays attention during a verbal briefing.

As a former member of Navy Intelligence from 84 - 04, I'm 99% sure he received information on this and he knew the Chinese were lying.
                        The moment something like this happened broke out in China, our intelligence would have been working 24/7 to figure out what was going on. They may not have figure it at for a bit, but he knew by Early Jan.

And do you really think our intelligence is going to take the word of the WHO. **** no.
                        Trump has all the tools he needed to make intelligent decisions but he's incapable of intelligent decisions.

Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

You're presupposing that politicians are capable of that kind of thinking. Clinton's "it's the economy, stupid," has pretty much become a mantra for all presidential candidates since. Come to think of it, from a politician's point of view, it's not stupid at all.

I can't think of the White House occupant who wouldn't sell his own mother in exchange for a second term. I doubt such a creature has ever existed.
                          We still have businesses that are closed or under limited operations. The best thing for the economy was a quick shutdown, get the virus under control so we can all return to normal operation sooner. So even if it's about the economy, my point still stands.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We still have businesses that are closed or under limited operations. The best thing for the economy was a quick shutdown, get the virus under control so we can all return to normal operation sooner. So even if it's about the economy, my point still stands.
                            You're probably right, and while I share your opinion, you're not looking at it from a politician's point of view. They view bad news, no matter how innocuous or trivial or even logically dictated by facts, like kryptonite. Trump combs over, and Al Gore spray painted his bald spot. For 2017, 2018, and 2019, the US economy hummed along quite strongly. Nevertheless, every time the Federal Reserve chairman so much as suggested an interest rate hike to put off inflation, Trump threw a temper tantrum. Why? Anything that could remotely slow the economy, no matter its motive or extent, had to be opposed, and opposed forcefully. Even Bill Clinton panned Alan Greenspan for publicly warning against inflation. So there ain't no way that a president will willingly slow the economy in an election year. Period. And as noted earlier, there ain't never been an electorate that rewarded a president for a slow down. Not ever. In all of human history, there has never been a politician who didn't put his career prospects ahead of lives. Not ever.

And there never will be.
                            Last edited by slick_miester; 31 Jul 20, 11:58. Reason: Lousy phone

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                              The circumstances leading to Herman Cain's contraction of COVID is very absurdist and moronic.

Greed and ambition- and dishonesty- lead to his death.
                              The poor man is Dead. Could have happened to anybody. Young people have died from the virus
                              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Has anyone done any contact tracing?
                                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X