Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp as a Marble

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sharp as a Marble

    The Georgia governor is out of his mind...and he continues to be in lock-step with Trump while people are getting sick and dying. Well done.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

    Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) and state Attorney General Chris Carr (R) on Thursday sued Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) and the Atlanta City Council to block the city's coronavirus mask mandate after Kemp issued an executive order overruling such mandates at the local level.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    ...meanwhile it's optional at "peaceful protests"...

    {}

    "Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
      ...meanwhile it's optional at "peaceful protests"...
      Perhaps you need a law to make it compulsory so that Americans can protect Americans from spreading the bug!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post

        Perhaps you need a law to make it compulsory so that Americans can protect Americans from spreading the bug!
        Which "bug"?
        Or all "bugs"?
        Shall we include the seasonal flu?
        Shall we include the common cold?
        What is the penalty for failing to comply with that compulsory law?
        How will you prove someone has the/a "bug" and has spread it?

        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
        “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
        Present Current Events are the Future's History

        Comment


        • #5
          Covid is too dangerous to hold people in jail so we let convicted criminals out. But if you are not protesting\rioting (where covid will not spread even if you don't wear a mask) and don't wear a mask we will throw you in jail. Wow, I never believed it would come to this..
          Besides that, do you really think the majority of the masks being used will stop a particulate the size of the virus? I don't, when you see virus study being done, I see the scientists in whole body suits with completely enclosed masks. Not cloth or paper masks.

          “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

          The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slick24 View Post
            Covid is too dangerous to hold people in jail so we let convicted criminals out. But if you are not protesting\rioting (where covid will not spread even if you don't wear a mask) and don't wear a mask we will throw you in jail. Wow, I never believed it would come to this..
            Besides that, do you really think the majority of the masks being used will stop a particulate the size of the virus? I don't, when you see virus study being done, I see the scientists in whole body suits with completely enclosed masks. Not cloth or paper masks.
            Exactly!
            The economy is bust and nearly half the businesses closed and half the work force out of jobs so let the convicts out of jail and out into the public where they won't find work/jobs and of course they won't re-offend to survive ...

            If your mask doesn't block odors, how will it block virus particle?

            Your mask is just a badge of submission (to the local dictatorship).

            Welcome to the Monkey House (see K. Vonnegut).
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
            “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
            Present Current Events are the Future's History

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

              Which "bug"?
              Or all "bugs"?
              Shall we include the seasonal flu?
              Shall we include the common cold?
              What is the penalty for failing to comply with that compulsory law?
              How will you prove someone has the/a "bug" and has spread it?

              Really? You haven't figured out on your own that on this short thread it is about COVID-19! Or are you simply like using smilies to try to shame someone?

              BTW, the collateral effect of using mask, isolation and washing hands is not only that it limits the spread of COVID 19 but also does not allow other virus/bugs to spread, such as the seasonal flu and the common cold - ie less people that are sick.

              I'm sure the legislators that figure an appropriate penalty in their community for those not conforming to the law.

              And it is not a question about finding out who as the virus and spreading it, it is about community responsibility about caring for one another...You know, something like team work…Something you learn in any professional military very early in ones career...The longer you take to understand that part, the longer the virus will be around, until vaccination occurs (Can't wait for the anti-vaxxers to weight in on that one!)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

                Exactly!
                The economy is bust and nearly half the businesses closed and half the work force out of jobs so let the convicts out of jail and out into the public where they won't find work/jobs and of course they won't re-offend to survive ...

                If your mask doesn't block odors, how will it block virus particle?

                Your mask is just a badge of submission (to the local dictatorship).

                Welcome to the Monkey House (see K. Vonnegut).
                Ok, so I guess you don't understand the concept and value of wearing a mask. people always resist when they don't understand something...Or their ego is so close to their position that they won't change their position as it will hurt their ego...Or they simply like having fun causing ''disruption'' or trolling on Social media.

                This should help understand why the mask is important in close quarters with people...It is not about you, it is about the people around you.mask.jpg





                Comment


                • #9
                  Obviously not...Stupid is as stupid does.
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post

                    Ok, so I guess you don't understand the concept and value of wearing a mask. people always resist when they don't understand something...Or their ego is so close to their position that they won't change their position as it will hurt their ego...Or they simply like having fun causing ''disruption'' or trolling on Social media.

                    This should help understand why the mask is important in close quarters with people...It is not about you, it is about the people around you.mask.jpg




                    You will not see the particulate as it spreads like your picture illustrates, it is way to small to see with the naked eye. It is so small that it filters through the empty spaces in your illusory mask. But by all means if wearing a mask makes you feel better go ahead, just don't depend on it to stop the spread of a virus 120 nm (.12 μm) in size. It takes special equipment to stop that.

                    “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

                    The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by slick24 View Post
                      You will not see the particulate as it spreads like your picture illustrates, it is way to small to see with the naked eye. It is so small that it filters through the empty spaces in your illusory mask. But by all means if wearing a mask makes you feel better go ahead, just don't depend on it to stop the spread of a virus 120 nm (.12 μm) in size. It takes special equipment to stop that.
                      Who has claimed that it would stop the virus particles? That is not what it is doing. It is there to stop the droplets from spreading. You know those which can carry the virus as their 'payload'. You can easily inhale virus particles through a mask if your mask is contaminated. But then again that is not why the masks are used. They are not used to protect the mask wearer from every one else but to protect every one else from the mask wearer. If every one has a mask you will end up with collective protection
                      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by slick24 View Post

                        You will not see the particulate as it spreads like your picture illustrates, it is way to small to see with the naked eye. It is so small that it filters through the empty spaces in your illusory mask. But by all means if wearing a mask makes you feel better go ahead, just don't depend on it to stop the spread of a virus 120 nm (.12 μm) in size. It takes special equipment to stop that.
                        And not every particle that leaves your mouth is infected by COVID-19, you forgot to mention. Got all that about size and everything. Social distancing is still best, and if you need to go into an enclosed area where people meet, the mask makes sure that the virus does not travel as far, which reduces the risk of infection...It does not stop the spread, it reduces the chances of spreading by limiting how far it goes as your breath meets resistance when it leaves the mouth...Or how do you explain the infection numbers being so low in Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan where everyone is wearing a mask?

                        Nice use of ...Trying to show your support to Brock I see.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
                          Who has claimed that it would stop the virus particles? That is not what it is doing. It is there to stop the droplets from spreading. You know those which can carry the virus as their 'payload'. You can easily inhale virus particles through a mask if your mask is contaminated. But then again that is not why the masks are used. They are not used to protect the mask wearer from every one else but to protect every one else from the mask wearer. If every one has a mask you will end up with collective protection
                          If it is not stopping the particulate then it is not stopping the virus. Stopping water droplets is not the same as stopping the particulates, they do not have to piggyback on anything to spread.

                          “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

                          The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post

                            And not every particle that leaves your mouth is infected by COVID-19, you forgot to mention. Got all that about size and everything. Social distancing is still best, and if you need to go into an enclosed area where people meet, the mask makes sure that the virus does not travel as far, which reduces the risk of infection...It does not stop the spread, it reduces the chances of spreading by limiting how far it goes as your breath meets resistance when it leaves the mouth...Or how do you explain the infection numbers being so low in Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan where everyone is wearing a mask?

                            Nice use of ...Trying to show your support to Brock I see.
                            I never claimed that every particle is infected, thanks for putting words in my mouth..You would need a much better mask than the majority of the ones being used to stop the particulate from spreading..I am not in Japan, Hong Kong, or Taiwan but I suspect they are using masks that will stop the particulate. I am not saying that masks that can stop it are not out there, I am saying the vast majority of them being used will not though. No, I was using the beating the head against the wall smilie because that's what I feel like I am doing..

                            “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

                            The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by slick24 View Post
                              If it is not stopping the particulate then it is not stopping the virus. Stopping water droplets is not the same as stopping the particulates, they do not have to piggyback on anything to spread.
                              As I said it is not there to stop the virus (particles). It is there to stop the droplets which may or may not be packed with virus particles from being flown long distances which happens when you speak, breath and especially when you cough. And no, they don't need to be piggyback on anything to spread. But if they don't piggyback then they aren't going to spread that far from the contagious person. Which is enough to limit the exposure of the other people to the virus. So if every one who is contagious wears a mask it provides a significant measure of protection against the disease. Problem is that we don't know who is contagious or not since with this disease even pre-symptomatic persons are contagious.
                              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X