Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Must 'Dislike' Teachers and Children...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

The information on the thirty percent of those newly infected in Florida being 18 and under was from yesterday. Your information is out of date and now irrelevant.
    How many of that 30% have been hospitalized? How many are in ICU? How many are they? 30% of what? Florida kids are not unique. Yes they sometimes get it but generally are asymmetric or have mild symptoms.
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
      As I have said the flu can very rarely cause long term effects. That is considered an acceptable risk.
      We are not talking about a flu. So that comparison of yours is worthless.
      We do not close schools every winter. None of the children in my daughters class caught Covid since they went back to school. Or at least reported as such. Nore did any of the teachers.
      Anecdotal evidence is the best evidence eh?
      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

How many of that 30% have been hospitalized? How many are in ICU? How many are they? 30% of what? Florida kids are not unique. Yes they sometimes get it but generally are asymmetric or have mild symptoms.
        How many have been hospitalized or in ICU. You don't need either of those for long term damage to occur. Hence it is fine only if and when the spread of the disease is in control. Not every where at the same time and certainly not by political decree.
        It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
          How many have been hospitalized or in ICU. You don't need either of those for long term damage to occur. Hence it is fine only if and when the spread of the disease is in control. Not every where at the same time and certainly not by political decree.
          Yes you do. As I have said there is occasionally long term damage caused by flu. Yet schools are not closed in a flu pandemic. Flu is much more dangerous to children than Covid is. Saying that occasionally Covid causes long term damage is meaningless unless you can give an indication of how often.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
            We are not talking about a flu. So that comparison of yours is worthless.

Anecdotal evidence is the best evidence eh?
            It is setting a benchmark for what risk is considered acceptable. The risk of death or long term consequences is clearly considered acceptable. So to close schools the risk to children must be significantly higher. There is no evidence that is the case. What evidence there is indicates that flu is more dangerous to children than Covid. So children ‘s safety is not sufficiently threatened to justify school closure.

Comment

Yes you do. As I have said there is occasionally long term damage caused by flu.
              Yet you miss the somewhat crucial detail that this is not a flu. If you want to compare this to something then at least try to hold sense in your comparisons and use SARS as the comparison. It caused quite a list of long term effects far more than a flu. If you want to deceive yourself and believe that this is 'just a flu' then fine, but don't expect others believe you.
              Yet schools are not closed in a flu pandemic. Flu is much more dangerous to children than Covid is. Saying that occasionally Covid causes long term damage is meaningless unless you can give an indication of how often.
              While the direct mortality from Covid-19 is with children is low that does not translate into that it would not be able to be causing long term damage in children. We already know it does. We also know that the closest comparable virus (which caused SARS epidemic) causes those too. Furthermore there already are several cases where children have spread the disease into their teachers leading to the teachers perishing from the disease. It just is not as simple a matter as you seem to imagine.

Comment

It is setting a benchmark for what risk is considered acceptable.
                The problem in your argument is that we don't even know the full extent of the risk posed by this disease yet. But that doesn't seem to be a problem for you in your rush.
                The risk of death or long term consequences is clearly considered acceptable.
                Is the known risk (which has already happened) that teachers perish from it too? Is that acceptable for you? Or are you just ignoring the risk for the teachers? https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/te...f-virus-635481
                So to close schools the risk to children must be significantly higher. There is no evidence that is the case. What evidence there is indicates that flu is more dangerous to children than Covid. So children ‘s safety is not sufficiently threatened to justify school closure.
                How do you know that if you do not even yet know the full extent of the risk posed by this disease? All your flu comparisons are pointless and useless. This is not a flu. We already know it can cause long term damage, we just don't know how much. Yet that part is not a problem to you. Nor is apparently throwing the teachers under the bus either. That is how you come across. If that is not what intended then please do clarify.

Unless it wasn't clear to you, opening schools does not just please the children at risk. It also places the teachers, staff, families of the students, the whole lot. But that apparently is not a problem for you either even though case where that occurs are already known.

Comment

Or the Korean study: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/h...n-schools.html
                  Which implies that children from 10-19 spread the disease just as effectively as adults. Children from 0-9 do it less but the risk is still not zero.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X