Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Must 'Dislike' Teachers and Children...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
    https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/healt...iously-thought

Do prove that it happens with coronavirus.
    From your article:

Severe Covid-19 infections are known to put patients at risk of neurological complications, but research led by University College London suggests serious problems can occur even in individuals with mild virus cases.

"Suggests" and you are claiming that is proof? Seriously?

Wrong still. We know of the effects and if they take long term (or ever) to heal. And we know that this disease can cause them. So your argument is rather hollow unless you can provide evidence which supports your opinion. That this disease would not be able to cause long term damage. Unless you can provide that, you really have nothing at all.
    By the definition of 'Long Term Effect' regarding any type of disease or treatment, the only way to identify the long term effects is by observing, reporting and collecting data over a long term. This isn't an "aurgument" or an "opinion" it is medical fact.

Prove that it can not affect children.
    You claimed that it has long term effects on children, by you not proving proof of long term effects on children, you are proving what I posted.

That it does not cause it in every infected person. That we know of.
    ....."That we know of"..... good reply and it backs up what I have been saying about no medical proof of what the long term effects are.

Wrong. We already have knowledge of the long term damages and how they heal. And we already know that this disease can cause them. Either you have the damage or not. This is not magic, it doesn't matter where the damage came from.
    Again, we don't have knowledge of the long term effects. Speculation, scare tactics....wearing a tin foil hat still wont produce facts.

Then provide the evidence that no long term damage can not occur in children because of this disease.
    Evidence can only be provided after decades of data are collected and studied.

Again, children are more resilient than adults, look at childhood cancer if you want to get an idea of how children survive while adults dont.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    With his 'one size fits all'
    That phrase doesn't only pertain to Trump, but to our federal government in general since the beginning!

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    Yes, you are wrong again. Prove that I am wrong, post definitive proof that it crosses the blood brain barrier.
    https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/healt...iously-thought
    Yes, you are wrong again in context of this thread where we are discussing the children going back to school. Certain tissue damage in children can be and is usually corrected over time as the child grows up.
    Do prove that it happens with coronavirus.
    We wont know the long term effects until a long time has passed, that is a medical fact, not speculation or scare tactics.
    Wrong still. We know of the effects and if they take long term (or ever) to heal. And we know that this disease can cause them. So your argument is rather hollow unless you can provide evidence which supports your opinion. That this disease would not be able to cause long term damage. Unless you can provide that, you really have nothing at all.

In adults, yes, children, no.
    Prove that it can not affect children.
    what is the difference between "can cause" and 'does cause'?
    That it does not cause it in every infected person. That we know of.
    In adults, I agree, it "can cause long term damage" but we wont know if it does cause long term damage until years worth of data has been collected.
    Wrong. We already have knowledge of the long term damages and how they heal. And we already know that this disease can cause them. Either you have the damage or not. This is not magic, it doesn't matter where the damage came from.
    In children, no, I don't agree. Again, children are more resilient than adults....I think I've stated that fact at least 3 times so far
    Then provide the evidence that no long term damage can not occur in children because of this disease.

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    I was using flu as a comparison. To show that a very common disease can still in rare cases have significant long term effects without stopping children from being educated.
    Not quite the same. Flu's main effect (as long term) seems to be scarring of the lungs in cases of pneumonia. This is pretty much just starting point for the problems caused by the coronavirus. As it can damage veins, skin, lungs, heart and brains. Due to various means, apparently to some degree by its ability to cause blood clotting resulting in blood flow getting restricted.

Leave a comment:

• Surrey
    replied
    It is not a flu. That has already been established. And it would be appreciated if that misinformation was not spread.

And being home does not in the digital age stop children from educated either.
    I was using flu as a comparison. To show that a very common disease can still in rare cases have significant long term effects without stopping children from being educated.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    If we already know that certain damage has long term impact
    In adults, yes, children, no.

and we know that the disease can cause such to occur.
    what is the difference between "can cause" and 'does cause'?

In other words that the disease can cause long term damage?
    In adults, I agree, it "can cause long term damage" but we wont know if it does cause long term damage until years worth of data has been collected.

In children, no, I don't agree. Again, children are more resilient than adults....I think I've stated that fact at least 3 times so far.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Wrong again. The damage has already been proven. I have no idea why you insist on this.
    Yes, you are wrong again. Prove that I am wrong, post definitive proof that it crosses the blood brain barrier.

Again wrong. If we know that certain tissue damage will have long term impact, and the infection can cause then then we know that the infection results in long term damage without having to wait for that long term. The infection may have additional adverse effects and those we won't truly be aware of until later if even then.
    Yes, you are wrong again in context of this thread where we are discussing the children going back to school. Certain tissue damage in children can be and is usually corrected over time as the child grows up.

We wont know the long term effects until a long time has passed, that is a medical fact, not speculation or scare tactics.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Turns out that all the people worried about Trump not wearing mask should have been focused on WHO

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/...=1&isAllowed=y

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    The misinformation being spread is that people know the long teem effects of this virus.
    If we already know that certain damage has long term impact and we know that the disease can cause such to occur. Would you then agree that then it is possible that 1 plus 1 actually equals 2? In other words that the disease can cause long term damage?

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    No, there is no proof that it causes brain damage, only speculation.
    Wrong again. The damage has already been proven. I have no idea why you insist on this.
    We wont know the long term effects until many years have passed. That is how long term effects are discovered.
    Again wrong. If we know that certain tissue damage will have long term impact, and the infection can cause then then we know that the infection results in long term damage without having to wait for that long term. The infection may have additional adverse effects and those we won't truly be aware of until later if even then.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    It is not a flu. That has already been established. And it would be appreciated if that misinformation was not spread.
    The misinformation being spread is that people know the long teem effects of this virus.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied

You cannot get an education if you die from the virus. And children can be carriers and the schools are run by adults, and the childrens' families can also be affected.
    The children cannot get an education and social skills if they are not in school. You can't keep the children in a bubble, it is not healthy for them.

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    A few people suffer long term effects from flu. Don’t stop children being educated because if it though.

And being home does not in the digital age stop children from educated either.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied

It has been stated by doctors involved with the pandemic.
    What doctors have stated the long term effects?

There is no way to know what the long term effects are for a novel virus..until years worth of data is studied.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    No, it is not speculation. We already know it can cause brain damage. That doesn't quite fix itself and will have long term effects. We don't know what other long term damage this disease can cause. We don't know if those long term effects actually affect children or not.

This disease may have even more effects than just the ones know currently. So in that respect you are right on that part. However several long term effects have already been found - or rather damage caused by the infection which is long term damage. It may cause even more.
    No, there is no proof that it causes brain damage, only speculation.

We wont know the long term effects until many years have passed. That is how long term effects are discovered.

Again, in line with the subject; children are more resilient than adults.

Leave a comment:

• Bow
    replied
    Actually that is one part we already know. We know it can happen as it already has happened in several cases. What we do not know is how often it happens. What conditions make it more likely or prevent it. But we know it can happen.
    And yet again we have the "it was'nt invented here " syndrome, so if it didn't happen in North America dont pay attention what occurs any other place else in the world .

North of YYZ

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X