Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Must 'Dislike' Teachers and Children...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slick24
    replied
    Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
    It certainly seems too complicated for you to understand. We already know that certain effects caused by trauma are long term. We also know that the coronavirus may cause them even in mild cases. So are you saying that somehow the known long term trauma can not exist because you just don't like the implications? Or are you saying that despite that we know that certain trauma causes long term effects that can not be the case when the coronavirus causes that exact trauma? What we don't know if it causes even further long term effects - which only makes it potentially even worse.

I don't hate Trump. I can't understand why any one would vote for him though, but hate? No. I just hope his ineptitude does not result in needless deaths.
    No, I am saying that until it has been long term we can't say what the long term effects are so it is stupid to argue about it. Is that too complicated for you to understand????? You have to bring insults into a conversation like the left does. I was stating an opinion without insulting anyone but I know you and the majority of the left can not do this. Of course some things cause long term damage but we will not know if this does until time has passed.

This whole thing is overblown anyway...

Now I am not saying there is no virus and it is not dangerous. I am just saying get a grip people it is not TEOTWAWKI.
    Last edited by slick24; 17 Jul 20, 12:38.

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    Go ahaed and post where I said "children could not be affected by it"
    You forget it already? To the question "the disease can cause long term damage?" You replied: "In children, no, I don't agree."

How exactly could that be understood in any different manner?
    We are talking about long term effects of COVID-19 on children.

Childhood cancer is a good example of how data is collected and long term effects are proven.

Not "apples and oranges"
    Except this is not a cancer.

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    Originally posted by slick24 View Post
    How can you know the LONG TERM effects until it has been long term? That should be simple enough for everyone to understand
    It certainly seems too complicated for you to understand. We already know that certain effects caused by trauma are long term. We also know that the coronavirus may cause them even in mild cases. So are you saying that somehow the known long term trauma can not exist because you just don't like the implications? Or are you saying that despite that we know that certain trauma causes long term effects that can not be the case when the coronavirus causes that exact trauma? What we don't know if it causes even further long term effects - which only makes it potentially even worse.
    If Trump said we need oxygen to survive these same people would be saying that he is wrong\stupid for saying that. It has come to that point. I don't believe that Trump is perfect or anything, he definitely has his faults, but my gosh people don't let your hatred for him blind you.
    I don't hate Trump. I can't understand why any one would vote for him though, but hate? No. I just hope his ineptitude does not result in needless deaths.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by slick24 View Post

You can't present facts to the people who want to believe that Trump is to blame for covid\everything. How can you know the LONG TERM effects until it has been long term? That should be simple enough for everyone to understand. If Trump said we need oxygen to survive these same people would be saying that he is wrong\stupid for saying that. It has come to that point. I don't believe that Trump is perfect or anything, he definitely has his faults, but my gosh people don't let your hatred for him blind you.
    Good point......I'll stop marking time.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Now you are moving the goalposts - just different direction. First the children could not be affected by it.
    Go ahaed and post where I said "children could not be affected by it"

Now it is just 'not known'. We do know it cause long term effects on people.
    I've been consistent, we don't know the long term effects. We wont know the long term effects with children until decades from now.

We are not talking about cancer. You are comparing apples with oranges.
    We are talking about long term effects of COVID-19 on children.

Childhood cancer is a good example of how data is collected and long term effects are proven.

Not "apples and oranges"

Leave a comment:

• slick24
    replied

The facts are we do not know the long term effects, your links provided those facts.

The fact I have been clearly stating is that we don't know the long term effects.

Completely wrong again. We do not know the long term effects on children....again, your links provided that.

What we do know is that children are more resilient than adults, this is a fact backed up by childhood cancer research.

Again...for the 4th or 5th time.....learn about childhood cancer and how they determined what the long term effects are.

You can't present facts to the people who want to believe that Trump is to blame for covid\everything. How can you know the LONG TERM effects until it has been long term? That should be simple enough for everyone to understand. If Trump said we need oxygen to survive these same people would be saying that he is wrong\stupid for saying that. It has come to that point. I don't believe that Trump is perfect or anything, he definitely has his faults, but my gosh people don't let your hatred for him blind you.

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    The facts are we do not know the long term effects, your links provided those facts.
    Not all of them. We know enough already that it would be beyond stupid to voluntarily expose some one to the disease even if they had a good chance of recovering from it.
    Completely wrong again. We do not know the long term effects on children....again, your links provided that.
    Now you are moving the goalposts - just different direction. First the children could not be affected by it. Now it is just 'not known'. We do know it cause long term effects on people. If you want to say that it won't do so on children you need to prove it - or just accept that you simply do not know and exactly like it stated initially it may well cause long term effects even on mild cases (i.e. even with children).
    Again...for the 4th or 5th time.....learn about childhood cancer and how they determined what the long term effects are.
    We are not talking about cancer. You are comparing apples with oranges.

Leave a comment:

• Surrey
    replied
    Then provide your facts that the children can not be affected by the long term effects instead of your claims.

Slightly wrong again. We already know it causes them. In other words we know already that it causes damage which is either long term or even permanent. I.e. it causes long term effects. What we don't know is if that is all the long term effects it causes. It can be much, much worse than that. SARS caused neurological problems to sizable number of the persons infected by it after all.
    It is impossible to prove a negative. Prove that an asteroid won't hit the Earth and wipe out humanity tomorrow morning.
    What we do know is that children catch it less than adults, rarely suffer significant complications and virtually never die from it unless they have significant co morbidities.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Then provide your facts that the children can not be affected by the long term effects instead of your claims.

The fact I have been clearly stating is that we don't know the long term effects.

Slightly wrong again. We already know it causes them.

What we do know is that children are more resilient than adults, this is a fact backed up by childhood cancer research.

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    Let's deal with facts, not claims.
    I have been posting that we don't know the long term effects, you have posted links that verified what I have been saying.
    Slightly wrong again. We already know it causes them. In other words we know already that it causes damage which is either long term or even permanent. I.e. it causes long term effects. What we don't know is if that is all the long term effects it causes. It can be much, much worse than that. SARS caused neurological problems to sizable number of the persons infected by it after all.

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    Read the article before you dig yourself into a hole that you can't get out of.
    You mean trusting an article from unreliable media? I'll pass: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ennial_sources
    Blaze Media (including TheBlaze) is considered generally unreliable for facts. In some cases, it may be usable for attributed opinions. In 2018, TheBlaze merged with Conservative Review (CRTV) to form Blaze Media.[2]

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    It does not know all of them, yet.

Argument was that long term effects would follow even from mild case. You kept arguing that children had mild cases. It is up to you to prove that it wouldn't somehow affect children with mild cases when it is known to affect people with mild cases. You made the distinction there. Proving that is your job since it was your claim.
    Let's deal with facts, not claims.

I have been posting that we don't know the long term effects, you have posted links that verified what I have been saying.

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    Your links clearly show that science doe not know the long term effects yet, it will take time.
    It does not know all of them, yet.
    Again, show where I said it wouldn't affect children.
    Argument was that long term effects would follow even from mild case. You kept arguing that children had mild cases. It is up to you to prove that it wouldn't somehow affect children with mild cases when it is known to affect people with mild cases. You made the distinction there. Proving that is your job since it was your claim.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Is she not the official spokesperson or not? Was her statement refuted or not?

I haven't even seen the article you linked to. Point was that the expression used refers expressly to cases where decisions are made regardless of the science (in this case) in case the science didn't support her statement. If the science supported her statement then she is making no sense what so ever.
    The link shows a fellow CNN journalist calling Acosta out for a false representation of what was said. The other leftist <MSM publications picked up and repeated Acosta's edit version of reality.

Read the article before you dig yourself into a hole that you can't get out of.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Irrelevant.
    Than why did you post it?

We were discussing the long term effects even in mild cases. That children may have mild cases does not excuse them from having long term effects unless of course you can prove that part.
    Your links clearly show that science doe not know the long term effects yet, it will take time.

Again, prove that the effects won't affect children.
    Again, show where I said it wouldn't affect children.

No, they don't. You still have not shown that children would not be susceptible to long term effects from this disease.
    Again, your links proved exactly what I have been posting.....we don't know what the long term effects are.

If you really want to understand how science determines long term effect of anything dealing with children, learn about childhood cancer.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X