This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the Unfiltered Mind of a Mainstream Conservative

The top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has for years been using a pseudonym to post bigoted remarks on an online forum that is a hotbed for racist, sexist, and other offensive content, CNN Business learned this week.

Just this week, the writer, Blake Neff, responded to a thread started by another user in 2018 with the subject line, "Would u let a JET BLACK congo n****er do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?" Neff wrote, "I wouldn't get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no." (The subject line was not censored on the forum.) On June 5, Neff wrote, "Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down." On June 24, Neff commented, "Honestly given how tired black people always claim to be, maybe the real crisis is their lack of sleep." On June 26, Neff wrote that the only people who care about changing the name of the NFL's Washington Redskins are "white libs and their university-'educated' pets."

And over the course of five years, Neff has maintained a lengthy thread in which he has derided a woman and posted information about her dating life that has invited other users to mock her and invade her privacy. There has at times also been overlap between some material he posted or saw on the forum and Carlson's show.

On the forum, Neff has also expressed bigoted views. In 2014, he joked about "foodie faggots." And in the same year, he started a thread titled, "Urban business idea: He Didn't Do Muffin!" He joked one item could be, "Sandra Bland's Sugar-free Shortbreads!" In August 2019, a user started a thread titled, "We should just buy Canada and kick the Canadians out." Neff commented, "Okay but what do we do with the millions of Chinese people."

More recently, in February 2020, Neff called Mormonism "an inherently cucky religion." On June 5, a user on the forum commented in a thread, "Didn't Michael Brown rob a store and attack a police officer? And wasn't [George Floyd] a piece of **** with a long criminal record? Jfc libs." Another person commented, "It doesn't matter to these people." Neff then replied, "It does. The violent criminals are even MORE heroic." On June 16, a user started a separate thread about a video showing a Black man assaulting an elderly white woman in New York. Neff commented on the thread, "And to think, if this guy got killed in some freak incident while being arrested, we'd have to endure at least three funerals in his honor."

On the Fourth of July, Neff started a thread in which he jokingly "rated" members of the community using images from a 1990s video game from the makers of "Oregon Trail" that was pulled from the market due to its racist depictions of slaves. In the game, users play as slaves trying to break free and escape north. Neff assigned users on the forum images from the game, many of which depicted Black slaves using racist stereotypes. For instance, Neff assigned one user an image of a slave catcher, to which the user replied "[thank you] massa Charles for dis."

On May 27, Neff wrote that Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib — known collectively as "The Squad" — want to "MAKE YOUR COUNTRY A DUMPING GROUND FOR PEOPLE FROM THIRD WORLD SHITHOLES." Responding to a thread on June 27 about whether "whites fear what's going to happen to them in 10-20 yrs," Neff wrote that he has "no plans to stay" in the country "that long." In December 2019, he said that "once Democrats have the majorities to go full F**K WHITEY, things are going to get really wacky really quickly." He argued at the time that there is a "large minority of whites who are fully supportive of a F**k Whitey agenda" and that "there's a suicidal impulse to Western peoples that honestly feels almost biological in origin."

When not making his own bigoted comments, Neff has shown a willingness to respond to others who were, without expressing any hesitation, much less disgust, about what they've said. For instance, in 2016 he replied to a thread with the title, "Mary Poppins getting raped by a pack of wild ni***rs at the park; kids watching." That same year, he commented on a thread titled, "DIKES get wrong CUM at CUMBANK. N****R pops out." Just last month, Neff replied to a comment on the thread that said, "And the n**s are always honor students or some bullshit." (The language on both posts was not censored on the forum.)

Last month, Neff mocked a user who said they were leaving the board over concerns about the rampant racism on it. In a now-deleted comment, the user implored others to "consider the current environment," writing, "The country is undergoing a great awakening to racist injustices throughout society. Maybe you should take this opportunity to consider whether continuing to post here is morally defensible at all, even if you aren't posting deranged ****? I don't think it is defensible, which is why I am leaving."

On June 16, Neff responded by quoting the user's words and adding, "LMAO if you think this **** will save you when the mob comes for you. Good riddance." The language notably echoed Carlson's comment, eight days before, when he had said "remember that when they come for you."

In February 2018, a user on AutoAdmit posted, "At some point in the future, all ur xo posts (w/IRL name) will be public record." One person commented, "I stand by every poast." Neff upvoted that comment.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media...eff/index.html

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Lots of people making a living being public bigots these days....quite a few of them in Congress and the MSM. No surprise that this is another one.

Comment

Thread title might be seen as subjective opinion and OP cites only a small portion of the article linked, so for further context, this excerpt;

In a memo sent to employees Saturday afternoon, after this story was first published, Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace condemned "horrific racist, misogynistic and homophobic behavior."

"Neff's abhorrent conduct on this forum was never divulged to the show or the network until Friday, at which point we swiftly accepted his resignation," Scott and Wallace wrote. "Make no mistake, actions such as his cannot and will not be tolerated at any time in any part of our work force."

Scott and Wallace said that Carlson would address the matter on his Monday show.
      Tucker Carlson's top writer resigns after secretly posting racist and sexist remarks in online forum
      Tucker Carlson announces vacation after writer resigns over racist remarks
      https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-news-response

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
      “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
      Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Sounds like FOX acted swiftly and responsibly, unlike the other major networks.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
          Thread title might be seen as subjective opinion and OP cites only a small portion of the article linked, so for further context, this excerpt;

In a memo sent to employees Saturday afternoon, after this story was first published, Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace condemned "horrific racist, misogynistic and homophobic behavior."

"Neff's abhorrent conduct on this forum was never divulged to the show or the network until Friday, at which point we swiftly accepted his resignation," Scott and Wallace wrote. "Make no mistake, actions such as his cannot and will not be tolerated at any time in any part of our work force."

Scott and Wallace said that Carlson would address the matter on his Monday show.
          Tucker Carlson's top writer resigns after secretly posting racist and sexist remarks in online forum
          Tucker Carlson announces vacation after writer resigns over racist remarks
          https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-news-response
          It's copyright infringement to reproduce entire articles, so that's not something I'll do. The source link is provided for everyone to read the full article if they wish. But, the purpose of this thread is not to condemn Fox, so context on how they handled it, I don't feel is relevant. The purpose here is to educate those who are interested on how conservatives truly think, operate and talk when they can do so without fear of repercussions. As the title says, an unfiltered look into their psyche. It's also to dispel the falsehood that such abhorrent racism and bigotry only comes from the far right, which is simply far from the truth. It is something that permeates through conservative culture as a whole.

For me personally, none of what he wrote online came as a surprise to me as I belong to a forum that's probably 99% conservative. So I see this type of stuff daily, if not worse. For others, this might be an insightful look into how conservatives truly feel so I thought I'd share.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

It's copyright infringement to reproduce entire articles, so that's not something I'll do. The source link is provided for everyone to read the full article if they wish. But, the purpose of this thread is not to condemn Fox, so context on how they handled it, I don't feel is relevant. The purpose here is to educate those who are interested on how conservatives truly think, operate and talk when they can do so without fear of repercussions. As the title says, an unfiltered look into their psyche. It's also to dispel the falsehood that such abhorrent racism and bigotry only comes from the far right, which is simply far from the truth. It is something that permeates through conservative culture as a whole.

For me personally, none of what he wrote online came as a surprise to me as I belong to a forum that's probably 99% conservative. So I see this type of stuff daily, if not worse. For others, this might be an insightful look into how conservatives truly feel so I thought I'd share.
            You don't have to and it's a long article such that between us we've not copied even half of it.

As for this "The purpose here is to educate those who are interested on how conservatives truly think, operate and talk when they can do so without fear of repercussions." = BOLLOCKS!

This may be your perception and personal and anecdotal perspective, but it is far from objective, factual or truthful. I personally know many conservatives whom are non-white and non-racist. I also personally know many "liberals" whom are racist. Racism crosses both sides of political and ideological divide.

Also, there are many public figure conservatives whom are non-white and I doubt they would express such racism language.

I'm finding frequently here, and other places on the internet, that there are some posters whom think they know conservative views and mindsets but haven't a clue on either.

I'd be interested in seeing this "forum" you mention to gauge if it's really a "conservative" one or if you just hang somewhere that attracts racists ???

Comment

You don't have to and it's a long article such that between us we've not copied even half of it.

As for this "The purpose here is to educate those who are interested on how conservatives truly think, operate and talk when they can do so without fear of repercussions." = BOLLOCKS!

This may be your perception and personal and anecdotal perspective, but it is far from objective, factual or truthful. I personally know many conservatives whom are non-white and non-racist. I also personally know many "liberals" whom are racist. Racism crosses both sides of political and ideological divide.

Also, there are many public figure conservatives whom are non-white and I doubt they would express such racism language.

I'm finding frequently here, and other places on the internet, that there are some posters whom think they know conservative views and mindsets but haven't a clue on either.

I'd be interested in seeing this "forum" you mention to gauge if it's really a "conservative" one or if you just hang somewhere that attracts racists ???
              In person, I've not yet met a conservative who doesn't either hate Islam, hates minorities, or hates both. Online, grants me the opportunity of seeing why I haven't.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ontroversy-88/

Any forum that's conservative is going to attract racists or people just filled with hatred.

Name me one conservative social platform that hasn't turned into a complete cesspool of hate and racism.
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

In person, I've not yet met a conservative who doesn't either hate Islam, hates minorities, or hates both. Online, grants me the opportunity of seeing why I haven't.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ontroversy-88/

Any forum that's conservative is going to attract racists or people just filled with hatred.

Name me one conservative social platform that hasn't turned into a complete cesspool of hate and racism.
                I've met very few "liberals" whom don't hate Christians, or Jews, or minorities. I've mentioned often here how when working at the airplane parts factory my "liberal" co-workers referred to our SE Asian co-workers as "rice eaters" and that's using the kinder terms applied. BTW, those "liberal" co-workers weren't all "white".

I've also mentioned a couple of times that this "conservative"s two sons are one-quarter Black, so right there your claim about "all conservatives" is off the rails.

BTW, I only do two forums, this and MHO and both seem to have a balance of both conservative and liberal, plus in-between.

Comment

I've met very few "liberals" whom don't hate Christians, or Jews, or minorities. I've mentioned often here how when working at the airplane parts factory my "liberal" co-workers referred to our SE Asian co-workers as "rice eaters" and that's using the kinder terms applied. BTW, those "liberal" co-workers weren't all "white".

I've also mentioned a couple of times that this "conservative"s two sons are one-quarter Black, so right there your claim about "all conservatives" is off the rails.

BTW, I only do two forums, this and MHO and both seem to have a balance of both conservative and liberal, plus in-between.
                  Please don't put things in quotes that weren't actually said. I did not say all conservatives are like this, what I am saying is the majority are.

The reason things aren't racist here is because there is a balance. Like I said, go to any forum or social network that's almost all conservatives and see how nasty things are. It's entirely different when they're among their selves and can say what they want without repercussion.

I'm not going to discuss someone's personal family, but for anyone to be one-quarter black doesn't really prove anything.
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Please don't put things in quotes that weren't actually said. I did not say all conservatives are like this, what I am saying is the majority are.

The reason things aren't racist here is because there is a balance. Like I said, go to any forum or social network that's almost all conservatives and see how nasty things are. It's entirely different when they're among their selves and can say what they want without repercussion.

I'm not going to discuss someone's personal family, but for anyone to be one-quarter black doesn't really prove anything.
                    Think of it as finger quotes and you failed to specify "majority", with you posts strongly implying the tag to all conservatives. CYA and back pedal all you want, won't get you off the hook.

Proves their mother was one-half Black and this conservative might not be the racist you think all of we conservatives are.

Comment

Think of it as finger quotes and you failed to specify "majority", with you posts strongly implying the tag to all conservatives. CYA and back pedal all you want, won't get you off the hook.

Proves their mother was one-half Black and this conservative might not be the racist you think all of we conservatives are.
                      Not back pedaling, the hatred conservatives spew when they have the freedom to do so, speaks for itself.

I'll ask again. Name one conservative social platform that isn't a cesspool for hatred and racism.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Not back pedaling, the hatred conservatives spew when they have the freedom to do so, speaks for itself.
                        OR; "the hatred liberals spew when they have the freedom to do so, speaks for itself."

I'll ask again. Name one conservative social platform that isn't a cesspool for hatred and racism.
                        I'm not on the net that wide to do a survey, but I'm sure you'd reject what was offered, so why bother.

Comment

You posted a thread without commenting....

Sounds like trolling.
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

I have offered to.link up.with you in person but you refused.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

OR; "the hatred liberals spew when they have the freedom to do so, speaks for itself."

I'm not on the net that wide to do a survey, but I'm sure you'd reject what was offered, so why bother.
                              You don't need to conduct a survey to provide a single example.

Here's a list of some of the most popular conservative social platforms to help you get started:

boards.4chan.org/pol/
                              autoadmit.com/
                              gab.com/

Let me know which one would prove me wrong or shall we keep looking?
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X