If you Disagree with Trump, you are personally attacked:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you Disagree with Trump, you are personally attacked:

Trump is attempting to discredit an honorable man-again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

White House seeks to discredit Fauci amid coronavirus surge

White House seeks to discredit Fauci amid coronavirus surge

The White House is seeking to discredit Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, as it works to marginalize him and his dire warnings about the shortcomings in the U.S. coronavirus response.

A White House official told NBC News that "several White House officials are concerned about the number of times Dr. Fauci has been wrong on things." The official provided NBC News with a lengthy list of past comments by Fauci earlier in the pandemic that did not age well, including Fauci saying in January that coronavirus was "not a major threat" and "not driven by asymptomatic carriers" and Fauci’s comment in March that "people should not be walking around with masks."

Many of the past statements the White House is criticizing Fauci for are ones that were based on the best available data at the time and were widely echoed by Trump, other members of the task force and senior White House officials. As Surgeon General Jerome Adams told CBS News on Sunday, "When you learn more, you change those recommendations. Our recommendations have changed.”
    The White House is seeking to discredit Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, as it works to marginalize him and his dire warnings about the shortcomings in the U.S. coronavirus response.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Well, let's be fair. When you agree with your President, you're likely to be personally attacked as well.

That's the game these days. Unfortunately, everyone seems happy to play.

Comment

Fair? I don't think so. If you disagree with a president because the president is wrong, that's called both doing your duty and being honest. Trump has no idea of either of those attributes.
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

How many democrats spoke out when Obama did wrong?
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

[QUOTE=Massena;n5207 that's called both doing your duty and being honest. Trump has no idea of either of those attributes.[/QUOTE]
          Doing your duty? what is that? criticizing the President, no matter what?
          Being honest, as far as I am concerned, the only person that I have to be honest with is me, name me one politician, or one news reporter who is honest, you can't.
          Last edited by Trung Si; 12 Jul 20, 21:18.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

If you agree or support Trump, you WILL be personally attacked. The mental disease that ran epidemic after the 2016 elections, called Trump Derangement Syndrome, continues to get worse daily.

“Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
              Fair? I don't think so. If you disagree with a president because the president is wrong, that's called both doing your duty and being honest. Trump has no idea of either of those attributes.
              seriously?
              You support attacks on people merely for showing or vocing their support for the president? Violence is better than discussion?

"cancel culture" doesn't limit itself to the things you dislike.
              The funny thing is that the leftist mob hates you too, they will get around to you or the things you value as well.

Apparently, there was a BLM protest at Gettysburg on 7/10.
              Any idea what they had in mind for the small town or the many statues there?

They've already torn down statues of Grant, Lincoln and Douglas, and defaced the monument to the 54th Mass.
              Why would you think they wouldn't also go after things you value or respect?
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Teddy

The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly as necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. . Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else.”
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  Doing your duty? what is that? criticizing the President, no matter what?
                  Being honest, as far as I am concerned, the only person that I have to be honest with is me, name me one politician, or one news reporter who is honest, you can't.
                  That is nothing but pure and unadulterated garbage.

According the Theodore Roosevelt, one of the better US presidents, it is your duty as a citizen to criticize when that criticism in warranted. And Trump has deserved criticism since he ran for president.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”-Theodore Roosevelt.

And it is too bad that Trump didn't do this:

'The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.'-Theodore Roosevelt.

He is a micromanager of the worst type. And he doesn't trust anyone because he himself cannot be trusted.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X