Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe this is one of the problems

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe this is one of the problems

    Baby Mothers....all on welfare I bet.

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

  • #2
    It is certainly part of broken system that actually encourages fatherless children by granting additional welfare money on a per-child basis. This effectively removes any incentive to marry and/or for a father to pay any child support. It is a government system that breeds and encourages an atmosphere of dependency and irresponsibility.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      I would say its a symptom and not not a cause.

      Comment


      • #4
        Might be a bit of both. In medicine, a symptom points to the cause, which gives rise to that symptom in the first place.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jutland View Post
          I would say its a symptom and not not a cause.
          Ask the children if they feel like a symptom
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Might be a bit of both. In medicine, a symptom points to the cause, which gives rise to that symptom in the first place.
            and both with respect to medicine and to the remark you addresses, the symptom does not cause the disease. It is caused by the disease. So, when somebody says that "x" is a symptom of a broader social problem, you cannot use medicine to claim that x is the cause of that problem.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jutland View Post
              I would say its a symptom and not not a cause.
              Did you intend the double negative?

              Given usual child support guidelines, this "stud" should be shelling out over $51,000 per month(at least) for those 34 kids. I rather doubt he is. But the taxpayers are likely covering his shifty, slimy, dead-beat ass.

              Symptom?
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
              “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
              Present Current Events are the Future's History

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

                Did you intend the double negative?

                Given usual child support guidelines, this "stud" should be shelling out over $51,000 per month(at least) for those 34 kids. I rather doubt he is. But the taxpayers are likely covering his shifty, slimy, dead-beat ass.

                Symptom?
                That's part of the scam, the mothers all qualify for welfare as long as the father isn't in the picture, each child means more welfare and rent subsides. So the father takes a cut of the monthly cash flow from each of the "Baby Mammas" , plus the dude gets to move between each apartment or house.
                This allows street drug dealers to keep moving around.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

                  That's part of the scam, the mothers all qualify for welfare as long as the father isn't in the picture, each child means more welfare and rent subsides. So the father takes a cut of the monthly cash flow from each of the "Baby Mammas" , plus the dude gets to move between each apartment or house.
                  This allows street drug dealers to keep moving around.
                  Every system will be exploited by some. It does not matter if it is about the safety net, or tax deductions or business regulations or deregulations. The mere presence of fraud is not a good argument for abolishing a system. There must be some attempt to weigh the benefits that come from the cases when the system works as it is intended to do versus the cost that comes from the cases of fraud which will be inevitable present in any social or economic or political program.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pamak View Post

                    Every system will be exploited by some. It does not matter if it is about the safety net, or tax deductions or business regulations or deregulations. The mere presence of fraud is not a good argument for abolishing a system. There must be some attempt to weigh the benefits that come from the cases when the system works as it is intended to do versus the cost that comes from the cases of fraud which will be inevitable present in any social or economic or political program.
                    The FLDS community has been running the same scam for 70 years,
                    I can't think of many success stories about the welfare system other than it supports the crooks and the lazy. (other than it perpetuates itself)
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

                      The FLDS community has been running the same scam for 70 years,
                      I can't think of many success stories about the welfare system other than it supports the crooks and the lazy. (other than it perpetuates itself)
                      Considering that a big percentage of American has been at some point in their life recipients of some type of welfare (including in these days), I am not convinced by your type of thinking.

                      https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...5/cb15-97.html

                      21.3 Percent of U.S. Population Participates in Government Assistance Programs Each Month

                      And the fact that children are the most frequent recipients of such help father undermines your claim. From the same link:

                      Children under age 18: Those under 18 were more likely to receive means-tested benefits than all other age groups.
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's a national phenomenon.

                        Trump has five children from three marriages: Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric Trump with Ivana Trump; Tiffany Trump with Marla Maples; and Barron Trump with First Lady Melania Trump.
                        5 children, 3 marriages, 2 naturalisations, ..... and pays no taxes,

                        the deadbeat
                        Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

                        Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                          It's a national phenomenon.



                          5 children, 3 marriages, 2 naturalisations, ..... and pays no taxes,

                          the deadbeat
                          You forgot the bankruptcies, and an official court decision against his fraudulent charity. By the way, why don't ever conservatives talk about the issue of corruption with charities in general? They only care about Clinton's and Soros' Foundations. Meanwhile, many televangelists have made fraud their religion...
                          Last edited by pamak; 12 Jul 20, 23:47.
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What problem are you referring to?
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

                            The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              What problem are you referring to?
                              What problem do you think? Street gangs, rampant drug abuse, generational poverty, high rates of out of wedlock childbirth, high crime rates.
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X