X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Wrong again.

Read what I posted, if you dont understand ask for clarification but don't make false claims towards me.

Try again...
    When you are caught in making a wrong claim, accept that you made a mistake instead of playing silly games!

You did not counter anything of what I said because you are incapable of defending your original claim .
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

When you are caught in making a wrong claim, accept that you made a mistake instead of playing silly games!

You did not counter anything of what I said because you are incapable of defending your original claim .
      Read the thread. The OP clearly stated that Trump pardoned Stone, that was his statement.

The link in the OP clearly stated that Trump commuted Stone.

The OP claimed it was semantics, it isn't. Two totally different actions with different results.

The OP either doesn't know the difference between 'pardon' and 'commute' or he was intentionally trying to mislead, as the MSM consistently does.

Now, accept that you made another silly mistake.

You can still read the thread...probably a good idea.

There is nothing that you posted that needs to be "countered" because what you posted has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

Try again...
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Read the thread. The OP clearly stated that Trump pardoned Stone, that was his statement.

The OP claimed it was semantics, it isn't. Two totally different actions with different results.

The OP either doesn't know the difference between 'pardon' and 'commute' or he was intentionally trying to mislead, as the MSM consistently does.

There is nothing that you posted that needs to be "countered" because what you posted has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

Try again...
        Why do you bother? if you stated that the sky was blue, a certain member would claim that it was pink and explain it in a twenty paragraph post, that certain member is immune to the ignore list, so he has to be ignored the old fashioned way.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I read what you posted.

You talked about the difference between a pardon and commuting a sentence and accused the MSM of confusing these two things in a misleading title. The link shows that your claim about the MSM is wrong and the title of the MSM link talks about commuting and not pardoning.
          pamak,

Nichols stated that the OP claimed Stone had been pardoned, but the actual article the OP provided stated that Stone had been commuted.
          Nichols then stated that MSM does similar things: a headline will say one thing, a corresponding article will say something else
          He did not state MSM did this in this particular instance.

Bottom line is there is a major difference between a 'pardon' as the OP claimed and a 'commuting' of a sentence.
          The MSM does this, they title an article completely wrong to get attention and then bury the true facts in the article hoping the readers won't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
            pamak,

Nichols stated that the OP claimed Stone had been pardoned, but the actual article the OP provided stated that Stone had been commuted.
            Nichols then stated that MSM does similar things: a headline will say one thing, a corresponding article will say something else
            He did not state MSM did this in this particular instance.
            If Nichols has issue with how Massena presented the facts in this particular case then I have no problem with that. .

What I highlight is that it makes little sense to have in this particular case somebody taking a shot @ MSM about misleading titles when the OP's MSM link actually provided an accurate title.

And visitors who often read the most recent posts without clicking the OP links must be aware that Nichol's claim about the MSM's misleading titles is unsupported by the facts of this particular case in this particular thread.
            Last edited by pamak; 12 Jul 20, 01:11.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Try again...
              The MSM had no place in the reply in this thread when the OP (which also stands for original post/poster) includes an MSM link with a very accurate title. And notice that my issue that I bolded was the comment about the MSM which was out of place in this thread and was just a cheap shot which was not supported by the facts of THIS thread.
              Last edited by pamak; 12 Jul 20, 00:06.

Comment

If Nichols has issue with how Massena presented the facts in this particular case then he should talk about Massena and not about the MSM when the OP link clearly shows that the MSM in this particular case does not provide any misleading title.
                Again, read the thread.

I asked for clarification, I was told it was semantics.

Then the trolling began.......
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

The MSM had no place in the reply in this thread
                  If you would kindly read the thread you would understand that the MSM has a place in this thread and probably in most threads in this forum..

Should we only use wiki links??.?

Comment

If you would kindly read the thread you would understand that the MSM has a place in this thread and probably in most threads in this forum..

Should we only use wiki links??.?
                    My point is that the claim that the MSM uses misleading titles has no logical place in this thread when the OP links an MSM article with a very accurate title.

So, the fact that you make a claim against the MSM based on personal beliefs which are not supported by the facts of this thread must become clear.

Otherwise, the occasional person who may read the replies here without having actually clicked the OP link can easily develop the misleading belief that the MSM misrepresented the Stone case.

Comment

Again, read the thread.

I asked for clarification, I was told it was semantics.

Then the trolling began.......
                      Again, read my reply.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...39#post5207139

Its not "semantics."

Bottom line is there is a major difference between a 'pardon' as the OP claimed and a 'commuting' of a sentence.

The MSM does this, they title an article completely wrong to get attention and then bury the true facts in the article hoping the readers won't notice.
                      I challenged in bold the comment about the MSM and not the comment about the "semantics"

On the positive side, at least I see a change of tone which helps resolve the issue instead of having again an endless back and forth exchanges without any progress.

Comment

Nichols, pamak - put an end to this. At this point you are both collectively derailing the thread
                        ACG staff

Comment

So, back on track with an op-ed from Mueller:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...itial_manual_5

Robert Mueller: Roger Stone remains a convicted felon, and rightly so

Excerpts

But I feel compelled to respond both to broad claims that our investigation was illegitimate and our motives were improper, and to specific claims that Roger Stone was a victim of our office. The Russia investigation was of paramount importance. Stone was prosecuted and convicted because he committed federal crimes. He remains a convicted felon, and rightly so.

Congress also investigated and sought information from Stone. A jury later determined he lied repeatedly to members of Congress. He lied about the identity of his intermediary to WikiLeaks. He lied about the existence of written communications with his intermediary. He lied by denying he had communicated with the Trump campaign about the timing of WikiLeaks’ releases. He in fact updated senior campaign officials repeatedly about WikiLeaks. And he tampered with a witness, imploring him to stonewall Congress.

The jury ultimately convicted Stone of obstruction of a congressional investigation, five counts of making false statements to Congress and tampering with a witness. Because his sentence has been commuted, he will not go to prison.
                          But his conviction stands.

Of course, Mueller now sees the consequences of his timidity when he had the opportunity to actually arrive at a legal decision on the issue of obstruction of justice and he flinched. For the time being, Stone's conviction stands, but Mueller should not be surprised if Trump actually decides to pardon Stone after the elections . The same can happen with Flynn depending on how his case progresses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X