This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump, Trump, Trump-Race, Race, Race!

Is there anything else going on in North America? this is getting to be very boring!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Given how poorly this year has been for Trump, the only thing he can campaign on is race and identity politics, so get used to this for the next 4 months.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
      Is there anything else going on in North America? this is getting to be very boring!
      We'll see of course, but so far, on balance, that is how Trump will fight for his reelection. Expect more of same.

Comment

Yes-there is a panmemic ongoing. Any other questions?
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Really? You haven't heard about COVID? Or the race riots? Or the black demands for a national anthem of their own? Or teachers being fired at the whim of the their students in our universities? Or Antifa? Or Omar's latest demand that America surrender itself to the Muslim world because they will destroy us if we don't? Or Biden's latest mumble-fumble? Or the demands to unfund the police forces in major cities?

Trump is kind of a comic relief break from the more serious stuff.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Trump isn't funny at all.

Trump is a corrupt and incompetent who is hurting the country.
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Really? You haven't heard about COVID? Or the race riots? Or the black demands for a national anthem of their own? Or teachers being fired at the whim of the their students in our universities? Or Antifa? Or Omar's latest demand that America surrender itself to the Muslim world because they will destroy us if we don't? Or Biden's latest mumble-fumble? Or the demands to unfund the police forces in major cities?

Sure I have, but according to the nevertrumpers, all of that is Trump's fault!

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I miss your usual cutting edge cartoon commentary. Life is too short for all of this strife.

There is some good news, however; if the Dems win we can hold them responsible for everything.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Dems call for boycott of Hispanic-owned food company Goya after CEO praises President Trump
                  Unsurprisingly, AOC is leading the charge

https://www.theblaze.com/news/dems-c...reaking%20News

OH NO!
                  It's from evil Right Wing news source, The Blaze

How about we balance with an evil(loonie) Left Wing news source; CBS via MSN.com

Goya faces calls for boycott after CEO praises Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...z&ocid=msnbcrd
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                  “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    Dems call for boycott of Hispanic-owned food company Goya after CEO praises President Trump
                    Unsurprisingly, AOC is leading the charge

https://www.theblaze.com/news/dems-c...reaking%20News

OH NO!
                    It's from evil Right Wing news source, The Blaze

How about we balance with an evil(loonie) Left Wing news source; CBS via MSN.com

Goya faces calls for boycott after CEO praises Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...z&ocid=msnbcrd
                    I guess that means they're not racially biased or hypocrites.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

We spend an exorbitant amount of blood, sweat,and tears on 15 percent of the population. Somehow that must be an injustice.
                      We hunt the hunters

Comment

The Goya Foods free speech controversy, explained

Goya Foods CEO Robert Unanue said on Friday that a growing boycott of his company in response to his recent praise of President Donald Trump amounts to a “suppression of speech,” tapping into the president’s ongoing narrative that liberals are proponents of an oppressive “cancel culture” that punishes those who exercise their right to free speech.
                        Calls for a boycott emerged after Unanue said that Trump was an “incredible builder” and that the US was “blessed” to have him as president at a White House event on Thursday meant to highlight a new advisory commission on creating economic opportunities for Latinx Americans. The praise elicited criticism from progressives, and a boycott campaign of Goya Foods backed by prominent political and cultural leaders like Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Hamilton creator and star Lin-Manuel Miranda rapidly spread across social media.
                        In an interview on Fox & Friends, Unanue argued that the online campaign revealed a double standard, pointing to the fact that he attended a healthy eating initiative at the invitation of former President and First Lady Barack and Michelle Obama in 2012.

“So you’re allowed to talk good or to praise one president, but you’re not allowed, when I was called to be part of this commission to aid in economic and education prosperity and you make positive comment, all of the sudden that’s not acceptable,” Mr. Unanue said.

“So I’m not apologizing for saying — and especially when you’re called by the president of the United States, you’re going to say, ‘No, I’m sorry, I’m busy. No thank you.’ I didn’t say that to the Obamas, and I didn’t say that to President Trump,” he added.
                        Unanue’s comments have turned Goya Foods a left-right proxy war

Unanue, the head of the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the US, appeared at the White House on Thursday to announce that Goya Foods would be donating a million cans of chickpeas as well as a million pounds of food to food banks as part of the Hispanic Prosperity Initiative, a new advisory commission created by Trump which is tasked with increasing Hispanic access to economic and educational opportunities.

When Unanue spoke at the Rose Garden event at a podium just feet away from Trump, he did not just announce his donation, but also offered praise of the president, likening him to his own grandfather, a Spanish immigrant who founded Goya in 1936.

“We’re all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump, who is a builder,” he said. “And so we have an incredible builder. And we pray. We pray for our leadership, our president, and we pray for our country, that we will continue to prosper and to grow.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1&ocid=msnbcrd
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                        “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X