Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Privilege, does it exist in the USA? The answer may not surprise you......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by OttoHarkaman

When you commented on my thread you purposefully stated you didn't finishing watching the video in the OP, I am just reciprocating the courtesy by not reading your OP.

There are a lot of "whites" that have no "privilege" because they are not in the social and wealth clique you rave against. Just like in India, where there are a lot of Indians not in the social and wealth cliques that give someone who is a member privilege.
    All whites have privilege, some just have additional social class privileges thrown on-top of that.

If you were to compare a poor white to a poor black, the poor white would have privileges not afforded to the black.

Here's another example of white privilege, that all whites benefit from:

https://cos.gatech.edu/facultyres/Di...kishaJamal.pdf

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minoritie...ore-interviews

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied
    Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
    Its not race, its wealth and social cliques
    Actually your right, they only sold suburban properies to people who wore leather jackets and where in the T-birds.....

Oh wait that's wrong; no blacks that was explicitly recorded as a fact.

Fact.

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Go ahead and look up what party pushed segregation throughout the 30s, 40's, 50's, and 60's.
    So it happened then.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
    All that amounts to – which is generally the outsider's conclusion to the US train-wreck of politics and race – is that the US up to and including the 1960 had a political system fundamentally based on finding ways to ensure it was keeping the darkies in their place, how that clearly was the overriding concerns for most things in US society. No one forced the US to do that.
    A party, the democrats, fundamentally based on finding ways to segregate.

Leave a comment:

• Johan Banér
    replied

Go ahead and look up what party pushed segregation throughout the 30s, 40's, 50's, and 60's.
    All that amounts to – which is generally the outsider's conclusion to the US train-wreck of politics and race – is that the US up to and including the 1960 had a political system fundamentally based on finding ways to ensure it was keeping the darkies in their place, how that clearly was the overriding concerns for most things in US society. No one forced the US to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by Jutland View Post

So no knock on effect?

Also the policy occurred in the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60's so I'm sure the Republican had something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied

You presented a historical example of democrats action and want to blame everyone for it. The one guy interviewing current random people holds more weight than society did back in the 30s.

You presented something from 80-90 years ago to prove 'white privilage' I provided current interviews that shows today's reality.

Try again.
    So no knock on effect?

Also the policy occurred in the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60's so I'm sure the Republican had something to do with it.

So if I put together a video of randoms saying the moon landings didn't happen you would believe it?
    Last edited by Jutland; 08 Jul 20, 13:48.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied

A presented historical example of racial bias that is documented versus one guy interviewing random people........

Aye OK.
    You presented a historical example of democrats action and want to blame everyone for it. The one guy interviewing current random people holds more weight than society did back in the 30s.

You presented something from 80-90 years ago to prove 'white privilage' I provided current interviews that shows today's reality.

Try again.

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied
    Originally posted by OttoHarkaman

You didn't finish watching my video
    What video?

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied
    Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
    Read the article.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Was there White privilege in the 1930s when the housing program was brought in - no doubt there was. And there was White privilege straight into the 1960s, differing in degree from one part of the country to the next, of course. Since the Civil Rights Act and associated legislation, however, it has been on the decline. An argument can also be made that there has been "fossilized" privilege in the form of inherited wealth, with Whites generally inheriting greater wealth than Black Americans. But I think it can be generally asserted that this has also declined over time, thanks in part to the fact that real estate values have not held constant in various parts of the country and have even declined precipitously in some places when compared against the average. The overall historical trend is toward equalisation - for negative reasons in the former industrial states, as numerous black and white workers have both lost almost everything thanks in a large degree to trade policies, and for positive reasons in other parts of the country as a result of equal opportunity legislation, education grants, and other affirmative action policies. So, if there is White privilege today it is something that is in pronounced decline, and for many White Americans, does not exist at all.

Leave a comment:

• OttoHarkaman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied

Nope, not at all, except if you talk to a leftist. Generally they don't have a clue but will be quick to call someone with opposing views a nazi or soviet:

https://www.prageru.com/video/do-whi...ite-privilege/

Maybe it exists in Germany, I can't say for sure because I haven't been there in a while.

Try again.
    A presented historical example of racial bias that is documented versus one guy interviewing random people........

Aye OK.

Also what does Germany have to do with me?

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied

Aye OK, so you agree white privilege exists.

Thank you.
    Nope, not at all, except if you talk to a leftist. Generally they don't have a clue but will be quick to call someone with opposing views a nazi or soviet:

https://www.prageru.com/video/do-whi...ite-privilege/

Maybe it exists in Germany, I can't say for sure because I haven't been there in a while.

Try again.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Once again, political party before nation. The Soviets and the Nazis did the same thing...
    Wrong again, I'm placing country before party.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X