Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Privilege, does it exist in the USA? The answer may not surprise you......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

So you admit that democrats used the power of government to enforce racism?

define white privilege.
    define how my comment confirms of denies it existence? (hint, it doesn't)

Or admit that you are simply trolling.
    Before talking about others "trolling." why don't you admit that you are not interested in actually reading and addressing the issues raised in the OP and you prefer to talk instead about your favorite subject of how much democrats are at fault ?

Again from the article:

African-American families that were prohibited from buying homes in the suburbs in the 1940s and '50s and even into the '60s, by the Federal Housing Administration, gained none of the equity appreciation that whites gained.

So, according to the OP, the FHA used similar racist policies during republican administrations. But as usual, people here have become incapable of having any rational conversation about racism without making it an issue of republicans vs democrats.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Before talking about others "trolling." why don't you admit that you are not interested in actually reading and addressing the issues raised in the OP and you prefer to talk instead about your favorite subject of how much democrats are at fault ?

Again from the article:

African-American families that were prohibited from buying homes in the suburbs in the 1940s and '50s and even into the '60s, by the Federal Housing Administration, gained none of the equity appreciation that whites gained.

So, according to the OP, the FHA used similar racist policies during republican administrations. But as usual, people here have become incapable of having any rational conversation about racism without making it an issue of republicans vs democrats.
      I'm sorry. This seems like another thinly veiled personal attack.
      If you had read the posts in question you would have your answer, but you didn't and tried to attack me instead.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I'm sorry. This seems like another thinly veiled personal attack.
        If you had read the posts in question you would have your answer, but you didn't and tried to attack me instead.
        If you think that you reserve the right tot tell others that they are trolling, you are mistaken.
        I responded to you because the "trolling" comment you made was nothing more but an attempt to make it personal instead of addressing the OP issues that were raised.

The posts I have read show that people (including you) have missed the fact that the FHA under republican administrations also made decisions based on race. Now, do you have to say anything about that, or are you wiling to continue talking about personal attacks after you chose to start talking about the OP "trolling"?
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

If you think that you reserve the right tot tell others that they are trolling, you are mistaken.
          I responded to you because the "trolling" comment was nothing more but an attempt to make it personal
          Forgive me.
          I had failed to recognize your role as the guarantor of truth and justice on the forum.
          (Even though you still haven't read the posts in question)
          I will try not to make this mistake again.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Forgive me.
            I had failed to recognize your role as the guarantor of truth and justice on the forum.
            (Even though you still haven't read the posts in question)
            I will try not to make this mistake again.
            Just because I am not a moderator, it does not mean that you will start talking about "trolling" (twice in succession in your #43 and #44 ) without being challenged. And if you have an issue with how I respond, then recall also that you are not a guarantor of this forum.

I already responded to the posts in question by showing that it tis irrational to blame solely the democrats for such FHA practices

Read again, the edited part of my previous post

The posts I have read show that people (including you) have missed the fact that the FHA under republican administrations also made decisions based on race. Now, do you have to say anything about that, or are you wiling to continue talking about personal attacks after you chose to start talking about the OP "trolling"?
            Last edited by pamak; 09 Jul 20, 15:22.

Comment

Educate regarding the subject:

https://cstl-cla.semo.edu/rdrenka/ui...ndcongress.asp

Who really held the power in the 40s, 50s, and 60s?
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                Educate regarding the subject:

https://cstl-cla.semo.edu/rdrenka/ui...ndcongress.asp

Who really held the power in the 40s, 50s, and 60s?
                You may not be aware of it, but Ike was a republican and he was the chief of the executive branch for two terms which included the administration of federal housing programs, and he also had a first mid-term with full control of the Congress. Read your link...
                Last edited by pamak; 09 Jul 20, 15:32.

Comment

You are responding substantively to what seems to be little more than trolling.
                  Yeah ... more for the benefit of other readers than the source of the post I responded to.
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                  “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                  Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    Sort of like what a Connecticut (White)Yankee might experience when going to a Southern Alabama town where everyone(White) there has connections going back generations, but "the Yankee" might as well have purple skin and green hair when it comes to "acceptance" by the locals.
                    I live in North Florida and have seen this here. It used to take a long time for an outsider (no matter their skin color) to be accepted fully by the locals. It is not so bad now though. I have also been on the other side of the coin when I visited my cousins in Miami during the 70's. I was looked at like a backwoods bumpkin because I was not from Miami. It happens no matter the color of your skin sometimes

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post

I live in North Florida and have seen this here. It used to take a long time for an outsider (no matter their skin color) to be accepted fully by the locals. It is not so bad now though. I have also been on the other side of the coin when I visited my cousins in Miami during the 70's. I was looked at like a backwoods bumpkin because I was not from Miami. It happens no matter the color of your skin sometimes
                      Indeed, such restrictions of housing programs affected other minorities too. Japanese and Chinese Americans in the west coast faced such restrictions but I am not sure about the type of the affected programs (federal or state or local zoning regulations, etc).
                      Last edited by pamak; 09 Jul 20, 15:46.

Comment

Just because I am not a moderator, it does not mean that you will start talking about "trolling" (twice in succession in your #43 and #44 ) without being challenged. And if you have an issue with how I respond, then recall also that you are not a guarantor of this forum.

I already responded to the posts in question by showing that it tis irrational to blame solely the democrats for such FHA practices

Read again, the edited part of my previous post

Perhaps actually reading what I said rather than making things up would help your understanding

Comment

Perhaps actually reading what I said rather than making things up would help your understanding
                          What you said showed an attempt to make this an issue about the democrats even though the OP described racially motivated housing polices during Dem and Rep administrations. That is the point I make and since I see no attempt to contest it, I must assume that you accept its validity.

Comment

So you admit that democrats used the power of government to enforce racism?

define white privilege.
                            define how my comment confirms of denies it existence? (hint, it doesn't)

Or admit that you are simply trolling.
                            As I said to Nichols, yes the Democrats were clearly involved due to the time span of activity.

I clearly defined the the advatage gained by white Americans over African Americans due to racist housing policies over a prolonged period.

Your failure to address that point, to address the evidence I presented is indicative that you don't contest the action or the outcome of the policy.

I'm not trolling; here is the definition of trolling.

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.
                            Saying a horrible racist thing happened in the past and saying that its effects are still visible today is not trolling.
                            Presenting evidence and asking people to stay on the topic and the evidence is not trolling.
                            Nobody is forcing you to post on this thread, and nobody is forcing you to post inane non-relevant posts.

Address my point or don't, I will not respond to anymore of your posts until they DIRECTLY address the issue I raised.

Good day.

Comment

Gentlemen, the topic of the thread is White privilege, it is not trolling. Cease with the trolling comments - ACG staff

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                                Given that America has such low levels of social mobility is it not true to say that the fossilized privilege you talk about is still casting a long shadow on the present and more proactive government policy is required to remediate that historical legacy. Justice delayed is justice denied.
                                That is what, I presume, affirmative action was and is all about. Numerous corporations and public sector institutions now actively give a preference to minorities without government prodding and there are special grants and programs for minority students in various educational establishments. Historical imbalances take time to re-balance. It could be done quicker, however, placing a hiring freeze on white workers or a moratorium on allowing white students into universities and colleges, but I cannot imagine this being considered acceptable on any level.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X