X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G David Bock
    replied
    Of course, since the above came from the White House/Trump, MSM fails to report and many fail to notice.
    Perhaps usual TDMS a.k.a. "orange man bad" non-reaction.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    WATCH: McEnany Rips Press For Ignoring Murders: ‘I Didn’t Receive One Question On The Deaths That We Got In This Country This Weekend’

By Hank Berrien
    •Jul 6th, 2020 DailyWire.com

EXCERPT:
    At Monday’s White House Press briefing, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, disgusted with the flurry of questions from reporters that ignored violence around the country and instead focused on the Confederate flag, finally had had enough. Concluding the briefing, she said levelly:

Finally, I’d end with this: I was asked probably twelve questions about the Confederate flag. This president’s focused on action. I’m a little dismayed that I didn’t receive one question on the deaths that we got in this country this weekend. I didn’t receive one question about New York City shootings doubling for the third straight week and over the last seven days, shootings skyrocket by 142%. Not one question.

I didn’t receive one question about five children who were killed. And I’ll leave you with this remark by a dad; it broke my heart. A dad of an eight-year-old lost in Atlanta this weekend: “They say Black Lives Matter? You killed a child; she didn’t do nothing to nobody,” was his quote. We need to be focused on securing our streets; making sure no lives were lost, because all black lives matter. That of David Dorn and that of this eight-year-old girl.

> The twelve questions follow in the rest of the linked article here. <

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch...urce=housefile

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    More on the subject...I do find it odd that no one has brought this subject up in the forums...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gu...?ocid=msedgdhp

A six-year-old in Philadelphia, a seven-year-old in Chicago, an eight-year-old in Atlanta, a 15-year-old in New York, all shot. Community cries of “enough is enough”.

Neighborhoods in some of the largest US cities erupted in gun violence over the Fourth of July weekend, killing an estimated 160 people and leaving more than 500 wounded from Friday night to Sunday.

Georgia’s governor, Brian Kemp, declared a state of emergency on Monday after 31 people were shot and five killed over the weekend in Atlanta. He authorized 1,000 national guard Troops to “protect state property and patrol our streets”.

But Chicago saw the worst violence in one of the bloodiest holiday weekends in recent memory, ending with 17 people fatally shot including a seven-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy and 63 more wounded, an increase of five shootings on the high figures that had marred the holiday weekend the previous year.
    IIRC, "this" and the other, but usual, shootings and killings in major urban areas have been mentioned/brought up in other threads here in recent days. Sometimes with efforts at deflections towards the posts/posters presenting such.

Just because some event, random thought/idea, or brief topic doesn't generate another and separate thread doesn't mean it hasn't made it into this Forum.

Leave a comment:

• Nikki
    replied
    You need to redirect your question to the Democrats in charge of those cities.

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied
    Why no outrage? Probably because inner city violence is the outcome of government policy; keep them poor, keep them segregated.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    More on the subject...I do find it odd that no one has brought this subject up in the forums...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gu...?ocid=msedgdhp

A six-year-old in Philadelphia, a seven-year-old in Chicago, an eight-year-old in Atlanta, a 15-year-old in New York, all shot. Community cries of “enough is enough”.

Neighborhoods in some of the largest US cities erupted in gun violence over the Fourth of July weekend, killing an estimated 160 people and leaving more than 500 wounded from Friday night to Sunday.

Georgia’s governor, Brian Kemp, declared a state of emergency on Monday after 31 people were shot and five killed over the weekend in Atlanta. He authorized 1,000 national guard Troops to “protect state property and patrol our streets”.

But Chicago saw the worst violence in one of the bloodiest holiday weekends in recent memory, ending with 17 people fatally shot including a seven-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy and 63 more wounded, an increase of five shootings on the high figures that had marred the holiday weekend the previous year.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    started a topic Once Again, Where is the Outrage...

Once Again, Where is the Outrage...

...for the violence and murders? No protests, no demonstrations? These lives matter too, especially the children.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...?ocid=msedgdhp

As the nation faces a pandemic, financial catastrophe and massive social justice protests, it is suddenly also confronting a spike in violence in some of its major cities.

Tragedies struck in urban centers thousands of miles apart, with 65 people shot over the weekend in New York and 87 in Chicago, and homicides climbing from Miami to Milwaukee. Though the summer months in the United States often augur more violence, the recent toll has been particularly devastating in communities where the victims included young children.

"You shot and killed a baby," Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) said at a news conference after Secoriea Turner, an 8-year-old, was killed during the holiday weekend. The young girl was fatally shot while riding in a car with her mother Saturday night, at a time when revelers and demonstrators across the country were marking the Fourth of July with celebration and protest.

That same night, 11-year-old Davon McNeal was at an anti-violence cookout in Washington, D.C., when bullets struck him. In Chicago, 7-year-old Natalia Wallace was outside her family's house during a holiday gathering as the shooting began. Both children were killed.

The burst of bloodshed came at a particularly fraught time in the nation's relationship with its police forces, amid waves of demonstrations decrying police tactics, brutality and racism following the death of George Floyd while in custody in Minneapolis in late May. In the upheaval since, police have been facing calls for their departments to be defunded and their operations to be stripped down, putting them on the defensive as they have been at the center of a political and social tempest.

In New York, where police officials have bristled in the face of criticism, Chief Terence Monahan described the Fourth of July holiday as "one of the most violent weekends we've had in recent history" and called June record-setting.

"This is a tough summer," Monahan said at a briefing about crime statistics Monday. "It's quite obvious a lot of people are walking around with guns."

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X