X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

No matter how it was done the whole story is not news to me, people like me have always trusted my local and State government more than the federal government under any President.
    From what I read he is a total screw up. Opening to early and now TX has a spike in new 19 cases.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Originally posted by Tsar View Post

That is not what I said and you know that perfectly well. I said Since Trump has no authority to open or close individual states the public had better trust their Governors.
    This is in direct response to the portion of the quote that was highlighted nothing more.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I merely asked you a question. Sit down before you hurt yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post

So are you saying that Trump is just a figurehead and has no leadership responsibilty in a crisis?
    That is not what I said and you know that perfectly well. I said Since Trump has no authority to open or close individual states the public had better trust their Governors.
    This is in direct response to the portion of the quote that was highlighted nothing more.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Nope-heard it loud and clear.

Leave a comment:

• Bow
    replied

So are you saying that Trump is just a figurehead and has no leadership responsibilty in a crisis?
    A few weeks ago your president??? stated on public TV that he " was not responsibile for any thing" ....guess you missed that part....

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied

Since Trump has no authority to open or close individual states the public had better trust their Governors.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Trump has characterised his power/authority as President within this situation as "TOTAL".
    Just because he says so, doesn't make it so.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
    Just as a point of methodology, is there a reason why they polled 3,000 more democrat/democrat-leaning respondents than republican/republican-leaning ones?
    No matter how it was done the whole story is not news to me, people like me have always trusted my local and State government more than the federal government under any President.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Just as a point of methodology, is there a reason why they polled 3,000 more democrat/democrat-leaning respondents than republican/republican-leaning ones?

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied

Since Trump has no authority to open or close individual states the public had better trust their Governors.
    Trump has characterised his power/authority as President within this situation as "TOTAL".

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    on the pandemic. This is what happens when a president abdicates his responsiblity to lead the nation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Americans have significantly more confidence in their governors than in President Donald Trump when it comes to handling the coronavirus, according to new data from an NBC News/SurveyMonkey Weekly Tracking Poll.

Forty-three percent of respondents approve of Trump's handling of the pandemic, while 55 percent disapprove.

That's compared to 60 percent of Americans who say they approve of how their governors are handling the response and just 37 percent who said they disapprove.

And 7 out of 10 Americans say they trust their governors over the president to decide when to reopen businesses in their area. Just 25 percent say they trust Trump over their governors. Even among Republicans, just over half — 53 percent — say they trust the president's judgment on reopening over that of their governors.

The data come from the first installment of a weekly online tracking poll on social and economic issues that will be released over the coming months.

More than 2.9 million cases of COVID-19 and more than 131,000 deaths in the U.S. have been attributed to the virus, according to NBC News' analysis.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    started a topic A Question of Trust...

A Question of Trust...

on the pandemic. This is what happens when a president abdicates his responsiblity to lead the nation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Americans have significantly more confidence in their governors than in President Donald Trump when it comes to handling the coronavirus, according to new data from an NBC News/SurveyMonkey Weekly Tracking Poll.

Forty-three percent of respondents approve of Trump's handling of the pandemic, while 55 percent disapprove.

That's compared to 60 percent of Americans who say they approve of how their governors are handling the response and just 37 percent who said they disapprove.

And 7 out of 10 Americans say they trust their governors over the president to decide when to reopen businesses in their area. Just 25 percent say they trust Trump over their governors. Even among Republicans, just over half — 53 percent — say they trust the president's judgment on reopening over that of their governors.

The data come from the first installment of a weekly online tracking poll on social and economic issues that will be released over the coming months.

More than 2.9 million cases of COVID-19 and more than 131,000 deaths in the U.S. have been attributed to the virus, according to NBC News' analysis.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X