X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    They went there with the intent to kill rednecks. Their words. Just because their target didn't show up, doesn't make that some ordinary protest.
    Perhaps you should look at other civil wars and see how they start - this is really not a matter of opinion.

The Syrian civil war for example, started with "ordinary protests" - so did the Ukrainian civil war, so it is certainly possible,

but in the case of the US, currently, some conditions are simply not met.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

That was me, yes.

And the article seems to confirm my belief - you need at least two, organized, opposing sides for a civil war, all you have is people "protesting" against various aspects of life in various ways.

That is not to say civil war in the US is impossible, you had one already, but this is not it, imho.

You're not fighting eachother, you're all fighting "the system" in your own way
    They went there with the intent to kill rednecks. Their words. Just because their target didn't show up, doesn't make that some ordinary protest.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
    Two opposing sides are not necessary to have a war. Only one belligerent is required.

If I decide to make war on you, it does not matter whether you recognize the state of war or care to fight it. We are at war and I will conduct myself as such, regardless of how you choose to act or not react.
    For civil war, if there is only party armed and belligerent you have an uprising maybe, not a "classic" civil war, imho.

(That may evolve into CW though, as others arm and organize themselves...)

But you don't even have that, BLM doesn't go out lynching "Whites", like happened in Katanga or Rhodesia for example.

They're looking for "change" within the political system, not to replace it with another, new one, ultimately the goal of any civil war.

Leave a comment:

• Herman Hum
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    you need at least two, organized, opposing sides for a civil war
    Two opposing sides are not necessary to have a war. Only one belligerent is required.

If I decide to make war on you, it does not matter whether you recognize the state of war or care to fight it. We are at war and I will conduct myself as such, regardless of how you choose to act or not react.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    Curious if anyone thinks a civil war is still impossible ?
    That was me, yes.

And the article seems to confirm my belief - you need at least two, organized, opposing sides for a civil war, all you have is people "protesting" against various aspects of life in various ways.

That is not to say civil war in the US is impossible, you had one already, but this is not it, imho.

You're not fighting eachother, you're all fighting "the system" in your own way

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    started a topic Looking for a fight?

Looking for a fight?

Armed Black protesters march through Confederate memorial park in GeorgiaA group of predominantly Black armed protesters marched through a Georgia memorial park on the Fourth of July calling for the removal of a carving of Confederate officials.

The group, named the Not F---ing Around Coalition (NFAC), marched through Stone Mountain Park Saturday with many protesters holding rifles, including military-style weapons, and some wearing ammunition belts, Reuters reported.

The protesters called for the removal of the nine-story-high monument depicting Confederacy President Jefferson Davis and two Confederate generals, Robert E. Lee and Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. The location of the monument also served as the site of the Ku Klux Klan's rebirth in 1915.

Videos posted online showed scores of protesters dressed in black and wearing face scarves during the protest. One clip showed a leader challenging white supremacists while shouting into a loudspeaker.

"I don't see no white militia," he said. "We're here. Where ... you at? We're in your house. Let's go."

John Bankhead, the spokesman for the Stone Mountain Memorial Association, said the about 100 to 200 protesters were peaceful, The Associated Press reported.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ar...Dx?li=BBnb7Kz&

Curious if anyone thinks a civil war is still impossible?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X