Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you better off than you were four years ago?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better off ? Well, I'm four years older (for better or worse) and I'm nursing a broken ankle. but by-and-large, yes.
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

I’m sorry, but yes I am better off.

My taxes were lowered and I got to keep more of my money.
      The price of energy has dropped because of fracking (Obama said we can’t drill our way out of the energy problem, he was wrong.)
      Pre covid my investments were doing great, but even after it, they have mostly recovered.

The only down side is covid and the riots and looting by the left over events that took place in a city owned and controlled by the left.

The dems are trying desperately to raise my taxes nationally and in Illinois and also take back a portion of my pension(paid for with deductions from my salary). Or simply not pay it at all.
      So no matter how much trump hurts people’s feelings, I prefer him.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Yes. But I feel lucky compared to many. My wife and I both kept our jobs with no cut in hours. My stocks are up. And I've had some majpr health problems corrected.

I wish things had been better for our fellow citizens.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X