This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jutland View Post

The thing is most new outlets generally wont report the the race of criminal suspects unless

1, They know with ABSOLUTE certainty.
    2. The Police ask them to divulge that information becauset he police themselves have full confidence in that description.

In this case why is the race of the suspect material? The report refernced by Bock said that a BLM protestor was struck by a luxury vehicle; no editorial content, no suggested motive and no attempt to frame thestory to a particular narrative.....unlike the Blaze article that did.
    Actually the Blaze article I first linked to had an embed link to an earlier Blaze article which anyone would notice and could use, if they wanted to be thorough. I've since provided that link in my response using "quote" of your earlier post. I didn't say "that a BLM protestor was struck by a luxury vehicle", the excerpt from the article I linked said that.

Considering how "race" is the main focus of these events, it is one important factor. Another is that access to this part of the freeway was supposed to have been closed off. The earlier article said that "motive" was still under investigation, along with other factors.

No narrative framing necessary. The Blaze article merely presented relevant details MSM failed to provide.

BTW, I recognize that span of I-5, have traveled it often in recent decades, usually do so one or twice a month still.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Actually the Blaze article I first linked to had an embed link to an earlier Blaze article which anyone would notice and could use, if they wanted to be thorough. I've since provided that link in my response using "quote" of your earlier post. I didn't say "that a BLM protestor was struck by a luxury vehicle", the excerpt from the article I linked said that.

Considering how "race" is the main focus of these events, it is one important factor. Another is that access to this part of the freeway was supposed to have been closed off. The earlier article said that "motive" was still under investigation, along with other factors.

No narrative framing necessary. The Blaze article merely presented relevant details MSM failed to provide.

BTW, I recognize that span of I-5, have traveled it often in recent decades, usually do so one or twice a month still.
      And yet the initial Blaze article doesn't mention the race of the suspect either, unless I misread it.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/24-year-old-seattle-prote

Comment

• Who cares about whether Colin celebrates the holiday or not. It's his right and he's entitled to not celebrate. I don't see what the big deal is.

BTW, Colin didn't feel this way about the 4th of July when Obama was prez. I wonder why...
        “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          Who cares about whether Colin celebrates the holiday or not. It's his right and he's entitled to not celebrate. I don't see what the big deal is.

BTW, Colin didn't feel this way about the 4th of July when Obama was prez. I wonder why...
          Because he was in his early twenties then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            Who cares about whether Colin celebrates the holiday or not. It's his right and he's entitled to not celebrate. I don't see what the big deal is.

Excellent point,
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jutland View Post

The thing is most new outlets generally wont report the the race of criminal suspects unless

1, They know with ABSOLUTE certainty.
              2. The Police ask them to divulge that information becauset he police themselves have full confidence in that description.

In this case why is the race of the suspect material? The report refernced by Bock said that a BLM protestor was struck by a luxury vehicle; no editorial content, no suggested motive and no attempt to frame thestory to a particular narrative.....unlike the Blaze article that did.
              From what I've seen they won't mention race unless it's relevant to the case. For example a hate crime. Otherwise, what would be the point?
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• This is why Colin is respected within the black community:

Our youth needs his voice and needs him to fight.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  This is why Colin is respected within the black community:

Our youth needs his voice and needs him to fight.
                  What BS, the narrator is obviously bias, and there is nothing to verify the kids claim. If what he claims really happened he should have gone to the coach.
                  If I go I to a restaurant and get lousy service that waitress is having a bad day, if it happens to you it's blatant racism.
                  Last edited by Urban hermit; 06 Jul 20, 23:12.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

The concept of collective guilt based solely on race is inherently racist.

Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel (I actually had the honor of meeting him in person and shaking his hand once) had something interesting to say about future generations sharing collective guilt for the actions of their ancestors........he said it was nonsense. He did not view the Germans as "devils" nor did he blame the post-war Germans for what their parents/grandparents did to him and others of his generation. He said such sentiment is based on the notion of revenge/retaliation and not justice.....something many people have a difficult time distinguishing, and that such revenge/retaliation was itself simply another form of bigotry.

If Wiesel can come to this conclusion while being a first-hand victim, it begs to wonder why others, many generations later with no living memory are incapable of doing the same.

You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      Colin Kaepernick denounces 4th of July
                      He just wants to be back in the limelight again, that's all.
                      I believe that you are correct.
                      We are not now that strength which in old days
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• I agree. I suspect he never likes being out of the limelight.

Comment

• Originally posted by III Corps View Post
                          I agree. I suspect he never likes being out of the limelight.
                          I agree, but statements like this should not garner admiration

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

What BS, the narrator is obviously bias, and there is nothing to verify the kids claim. If what he claims really happened he should have gone to the coach.
                            If I go I to a restaurant and get lousy service that waitress is having a bad day, if it happens to you it's blatant racism.
                            Nothing except the school confirming one of their fans made racist comments. Yes, the narrator is biased against racism. What issue do you have with that? If a waiter says 'I should have been George Floyd', that's a little bit outside the realm of just having a bad day.

Face the truth. This is what the majority of black people have to go through in America.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• If you get a lousy waitress, do what I did once. Leave a nickel tip!

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Let's start with the fact that Independence Day has noting to do with slavery . . . .
                                Well . . . . to be technical, the Founding Fathers did, among the multitude of complaints lodged by them against George III, mentioned that His Majesty's government had agitated the slaves to take up arms against their masters.

. . . . He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us . . . .

Declaration of Independence, courtesy of the US National Archives
                                Prior to 1865, "domestic insurrection" was the legal term for slave rebellion.
                                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X