This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    Everyone keeps bringing up slavery. I assumed Colin's issue with the fourth was related to the history of America, but turns out I was wrong. After looking at his actual posts, he did not mention slavery. He mentioned American imperialism and militarism. He also mentioned the killing of black and brown people abroad and here at home. A reference to our senseless wars and police brutality. If you're going to push back against his perspective, it would be best to focus on the issues he actually brought up.
    Did he bring up the murders of black children in America's cities, like the ones who were murdered in drive-bys this past weekend? And they were not done by the police. Where is Black Lives Matter and where is the outrage over killing young children? Where are the demonstrations to protest these senseless murders?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...gwe-story.html

At least 17 people died and 63 others were injured in Chicago due to gun violence over the Fourth of July weekend so far. Two killed overnight were young, continuing a string of children fatally shot in recent weeks.

The youngest person killed over the weekend was 7-year-old Natalia Wallace, of Chatham. She was shot in the head around 7 p.m. Saturday in the South Austin neighborhood while outside at a family gathering.

A 14-year-old boy was also shot and killed later in the night in Englewood along with three others who have not yet been identified after four men started shooting at a large gathering, according to Chicago police. Four others were injured in the mass shooting, including an 11-year-old boy and a 15-year-old boy.

This is now the third week in a row to include the death of young children. A 20-month-old boy and a 10-year-old girl were killed in separate shootings last weekend. A week earlier, five children were fatally shot, including a 3-year-old boy.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Everyone keeps bringing up slavery. I assumed Colin's issue with the fourth was related to the history of America, but turns out I was wrong. After looking at his actual posts, he did not mention slavery. He mentioned American imperialism and militarism. He also mentioned the killing of black and brown people abroad and here at home. A reference to our senseless wars and police brutality. If you're going to push back against his perspective, it would be best to focus on the issues he actually brought up.
      Colin is entitled top his point of view on American history, but frankly I do not look to former football players (or celebrities) for guidance on moral issues or historical analysis.

While we certainly have killed people overseas, I am fairly certain it wasn't done at random or without reason.

Is he aware that we have killed far more white people in Europe and Japanese than "black or brown" people?
      Do they count? Or is his expertise in historical analysis too selective to include them?

I guess I'm confused by the claim of killing black people. Did we go to war with an African nation and only Colin knows about it?
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Did he bring up the murders of black children in America's cities, like the ones who were murdered in drive-bys this past weekend? And they were not done by the police. Where is Black Lives Matter and where is the outrage over killing young children? Where are the demonstrations to protest these senseless murders?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...gwe-story.html

At least 17 people died and 63 others were injured in Chicago due to gun violence over the Fourth of July weekend so far. Two killed overnight were young, continuing a string of children fatally shot in recent weeks.

The youngest person killed over the weekend was 7-year-old Natalia Wallace, of Chatham. She was shot in the head around 7 p.m. Saturday in the South Austin neighborhood while outside at a family gathering.

A 14-year-old boy was also shot and killed later in the night in Englewood along with three others who have not yet been identified after four men started shooting at a large gathering, according to Chicago police. Four others were injured in the mass shooting, including an 11-year-old boy and a 15-year-old boy.

This is now the third week in a row to include the death of young children. A 20-month-old boy and a 10-year-old girl were killed in separate shootings last weekend. A week earlier, five children were fatally shot, including a 3-year-old boy.
        There are people protesting gang violence. There are community activists creating programs to curb gang violence. Already been through this in previous discussions. None of which has anything to do with Colin's stance on the fourth of July.

I imagine if there was a national holiday that celebrated gang violence, as there is a holiday that celebrates American imperialism, then Colin would detest that as well. But, I don't want to speak for him.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

There are people protesting gang violence. There are community activists creating programs to curb gang violence. Already been through this in previous discussions. None of which has anything to do with Colin's stance on the fourth of July.

I imagine if there was a national holiday that celebrated gang violence, as there is a holiday that celebrates American imperialism, then Colin would detest that as well. But, I don't want to speak for him.
          The 4th of July holiday celebrates America's independence and no amount of pseudo-ahistorical nonsense will change that. All you've posted on this subject is absolute garbage and distorts US history. If you hate the country so much, why do you stay and enjoy the benefits of being a US citizen?
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

At least your not bias.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

The 4th of July holiday celebrates America's independence and no amount of pseudo-ahistorical nonsense will change that. All you've posted on this subject is absolute garbage and distorts US history. If you hate the country so much, why do you stay and enjoy the benefits of being a US citizen?
              What I posted was Colin's perspective on the fourth. Which admittedly started off with a false assumption on my part. It was not about the history, but instead about present practice. Although, nothing I said previously was historically inaccurate.

Personally, I do celebrate the fourth, but I can understand why some people wouldn't and I support their decision not to. That's the beauty of freedom. You have to love all the good and bad that freedom brings, hence the quote in my signature. I love the founding values of this nation and the constitution it was built upon. I understand the uniqueness of our constitution and what it provides us as citizens. On paper, we have the best country in the world. The problem is not the government itself, because in theory we have a government that should work for everyone and should be the best way of life in the world. Unfortunately it's people in power who find ways to abuse the system and run government in ways not intended by our founding fathers who are the problem. More broadly, outside of government, our society is devolving. So just as there are beautiful things about America, there are ugly things present as well. But, I won't let that stop me from celebrating what America is supposed to be. Similarly, I won't be swayed into lowering my standards in what America should be for all of its citizens.

I think what black people are tired of, mostly, is this notion that if we don't want to put up with your BS then we should leave. As if we're mere visitors here with no equity in the country. As if we have no right to what we helped build. As if we don't have the right to fight for justice and change to make our home a better place. People don't leave their country because improvements are needed. Yet, every time we bring awareness to important issues, we're told to leave. Trump told NFL players they should leave for protesting peacefully. What is more American than protesting peacefully and fighting for change? Still, for whatever reason, most black people are optimistic about America's future in regards to race. Myself, being a realist, I think those people are delusional. But, that's why they stay. Because most people do not abandon their homes and they are fighting for something they feel is realistic.
              Last edited by TactiKill J.; 06 Jul 20, 17:39.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

This might fit in a few threads, but for now, and since it happened on the 4th;

ABC claims 'luxury car' responsible for killing protester on highway, excludes fact that the driver was black
                'Saying that the driver was black doesn't fit the narrative, so they went for luxury car'
                ABC News was harshly criticized Sunday for whitewashing the story of a Black Lives Matter protester, 24-year-old Summer Taylor, who was killed while demonstrating on a Seattle highway over the weekend.

ABC News reported, "A young protester has died from injuries she suffered when a luxury car plowed into her and another woman during a Black Lives Matter protest Saturday on a Seattle freeway that has been shut down for days due to the civil unrest, police said."

The story was reminiscent of when a white nationalist plowed into a crowd of demonstrators in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017, killing Heather Heyer.

Except that's not what happened on Seattle's I-5 highway late Saturday. The reported driver of the "luxury car" was Dawit Kelete, a black man.
                https://www.theblaze.com/news/abc-lu...t%20270%20days

It's not like the MSM has any bias or agenda or would distort or spin "the news" ...
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

ABC claims 'luxury car' responsible for killing protester on highway, excludes fact that the driver was black
                  'Saying that the driver was black doesn't fit the narrative, so they went for luxury car'
                  ABC News was harshly criticized Sunday for whitewashing the story of a Black Lives Matter protester, 24-year-old Summer Taylor, who was killed while demonstrating on a Seattle highway over the weekend.

ABC News reported, "A young protester has died from injuries she suffered when a luxury car plowed into her and another woman during a Black Lives Matter protest Saturday on a Seattle freeway that has been shut down for days due to the civil unrest, police said."

The story was reminiscent of when a white nationalist plowed into a crowd of demonstrators in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017, killing Heather Heyer.

Except that's not what happened on Seattle's I-5 highway late Saturday. The reported driver of the "luxury car" was Dawit Kelete, a black man.

It's not like the MSM has any bias or agenda or would distort or spin "the news" ...
                  Good catch , the press is actively fanning the flames
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Yeah because the Blaze never does that....

The article you have cited does actually do that, there is a hotlink to an article regarding the funeral of Heather Heyer, in that article there are some MAJOR omissions.

1. They don't mention the Neo Nazis that targeted the service (despite putting ANTIFA Thugs in the title of the article)
                    2. They omitted some of the comments of the girls parents comments; example

"They tried to kill my child to shut her up, but guess what, you just magnified her."

It's funny because that doesn't at all gel with the Blaze headline 'Antifa thugs won't just let Heather Heyer rest in peace'

Because grieving apolitical parents suited the Blazes biased narrative more.

3. And the pièce de résistance from the Blaze

Heyer died Saturday after a white supremacist allegedly plowed a car over a group of counterprotesters in downtown Charlottesville.
                    It's 2020, there is no allegation, there is fact but the Blaze is literally too stupid, lazy and biased to revise a news article.

And a Jaguar is a luxury car.
                    Last edited by Jutland; 06 Jul 20, 20:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jutland View Post

The article you have cited does actually do that, there is a hotlink to an article regarding the funeral of Heather Heyer, in that article there are some MAJOR omissions.

1. They don't mention the Neo Nazis that targeted the service (despite putting ANTIFA Thugs in the title of the article)

"They tried to kill my child to shut her up, but guess what, you just magnified her."

It's funny because that doesn't at all gel with the Blaze headline 'Antifa thugs won't just let Heather Heyer rest in peace'

It's 2020, there is no allegation, there is fact but the Blaze is literally to stupid, lazy and biased to revise a news article.

And the driver was a black man

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

And the driver was a black man
                        The thing is most new outlets generally wont report the the race of criminal suspects unless

1, They know with ABSOLUTE certainty.
                        2. The Police ask them to divulge that information becauset he police themselves have full confidence in that description.

In this case why is the race of the suspect material? The report refernced by Bock said that a BLM protestor was struck by a luxury vehicle; no editorial content, no suggested motive and no attempt to frame thestory to a particular narrative.....unlike the Blaze article that did.

Comment

The thing is most new outlets generally wont report the the race of criminal suspects unless

1, They know with ABSOLUTE certainty.
                          2. The Police ask them to divulge that information becauset he police themselves have full confidence in that description.

In this case why is the race of the suspect material? The report refernced by Bock said that a BLM protestor was struck by a luxury vehicle; no editorial content, no suggested motive and no attempt to frame thestory to a particular narrative.....unlike the Blaze article that did.
                          I call BS on that, There has been other cases recently, like the white guy that drove into the crowd at the Charlottesville demonstration where the race is immediately covered.

Comment

It's 2020, there is no allegation, there is fact but the Blaze is literally too stupid, lazy and biased to revise a news article.

In reverse order;

Last line of the Blaze article I linked did mention that the vehicle involved was a Jaguar.
                            As was mentioned in this earlier article on the Blaze about the incident;

Seattle Black Lives Matter protester dies, another critically injured after car struck them on highway
                            The driver of the car has been arrested, police unsure if this was a motivated attack

https://www.theblaze.com/news/24-yea...hem-on-highway

The Blaze article from almost three years ago actually is more honest than your interpretation would suggest;
                            QUOTE:
                            Antifa, the left-wing group of anti-fascist protesters, showed up outside Heather Heyer's memorial service in Charlottesville, Virginia, Wednesday, proving that they don't even have respect for a grieving family of a woman who died just four days ago.

The Hill reporter Taylor Lorenz tweeted out Wednesday a photo of people outside the theater where the memorial service was held. The protesters were holding purple shields and baseball bats. The Antifa protesters said they came out because the "police won't protect the people."
                            In a heartbreaking speech to those at the service, Mark Heyer, Heyer's father, said "no father should have to do this."

He further urged those in the audience to just "forgive each other" and "just love one another."

"I think that's what the Lord would want us to do," Heyer's father said.
                            https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/0...-rest-in-peace

Meanwhile, maybe a link, source cited for your "allegations" ...

Back to topic, it is about the recent victim, Summer Taylor. Web-search a few minutes ago shows only the Blaze reporting this (some other links were citing the Blaze article as their source), so far.

Would seem The Blaze is doing better on honestly reporting this episode than the still silent MSM.
                            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                            “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                            Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

I call BS on that, There has been other cases recently, like the white guy that drove into the crowd at the Charlottesville demonstration where the race is immediately covered.
                              Recently? It was 3 years ago mate, and that was a MUCH higher profile story, also it happened during the DAY, the incident reported by ABC/The Baze happened in the wee hours, (less manpower, less leadership)

I used the ole google top look at the stories of that day.

The article I am have linked made no mention of his race (they didn't need to because they had a mugshot I grant you)

MAN charged (not white man)

Also the article describes the vehicle he used as........ a sport car DU-DU-DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Witnesses to the crash said a gray sports car accelerated into a crowd of counterdemonstrators
                              Protests of a plan to remove a statue of a Confederate general led to clashes that left at least one person dead and 34 others injured, officials said.

Comment

• Colin Kaepernick denounces 4th of July
                                He just wants to be back in the limelight again, that's all.
                                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X