Colin Kaepernick denounces 4th of July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

So slavery doesn't warrant any sort of reconciliation?

I never said, not once, that blacks today should receive reparations. In fact, I specifically said "former slaves" when discussing reparations so the nut jobs of the forum wouldn't get confused with who I was referring to.

The point is, the US cannot be compared to Germany. Their reaction post-atrocity was entirely different than the US.
    Part of the reason the reaction was different in Germany was because the occupying powers did not give a choice to nostalgic Nazis to convince a significant part of the German population to accept a distorted version of the Nazi history.

For example, when the allies found the concentration camps, they forced the population from the local cities nearby to visit the sites.

When people were forced to face reality, it became impossible for Nazi sympathizers to make an effective case about their "lost cause" or about the living conditions of their Jewish (and other Eastern European) slaves. Sure they tried to deny facts, reduce the number of deaths and blame typhus for the outcomes in the extermination camps but they could never support such claims with a class of academic historians who could effectively spread their distortions within the lay population.

By the way, which city was the one that did not celebrate 4th of July for decades after the end of the civil war? I assume if Sherman had enslaved its population for just a week and sold a few of the people's children to fund his campaign, they would have held a bigger grudge...

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Northern democrats opposed the expansion of slavery, not the same as opposing slavery.
      If one read 'opposing' as abolition, no 1860 Presidential candidate held such a stance, Lincoln included. But it's not really a point of importance since for most Southern States, opposing expansion was opposing slavery.

Comment

The welfare state is a detriment, not a positive.
        You are dead on with that assessment.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

So your argument is based on a hypothetical.
          It isn't an argument, it is based on facts.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X