This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johns624 View Post

Ever hear of the First Amendment? You know, the whole freedom of speech, expression, etc.? You've turned into quite the fascist.
    You missed the point. Nowhere did I say folks cant I have free speech. I was calling out Lakota in the United States That claim parts of our country is their land. Was also calling out folks that demand reparations payment. You’ve turned into quite the ignoramus
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

johns, Stonewall, I am certain you can both express yourselves without having to refer to each other as a fascist or an ignoramus

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
        Some of the Lakota and their supporters are blocking roadways leading to the Mount Rushmore event that President Trump will be hosting. As someone who did not vote for Trump I see this for what it is..Its people in the wrong the Lakota and their supporters who are making that old argument that there land was taken from them and it is somehow still theirs even though this country is the United States of America. Now it’s not all the Lakota ...some of the Lakota might even be Trump supporters and disagree with the folks blocking the roadway.

We see this problem throughout America, Canada and Mexico where people tribal and their supporters insult the great empires of history Whether the Spanish empire or the French empire. It’s very aggravating because The vast majority of Americans whether they be of Irish, English, Italian, tribal background respect each other but then we have these selective people who complain about history about how their land was “stolen” from them and they are somehow entitled to reparations or something similar.

In truth of all of human history lands have changed hands..The United States is a free and equal country for all of its inhabitants so there’s no need for reparations there’s no need for so-called native reservations. The Lakota folks that are blocking the roadway for the Fourth of July event hosted by Trump need to get out of the way because they are being immature and in the wrong.
        Cool story bro, but remember that if someone comes takes your stuff and makes you are second class citizen in your land then you can’t complain. That stuff happens, eh?
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Considering the amount of Federal funds that go to the various "native American peoples", this is hypocrisy on a grand scale, but it seems to be the new American norm.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
            The claim that the land is somehow still “theirs” always fascinates me for its hypocrisy and ignorance.
            Indians took land from each other long before whites moved in. That’s because Indians were and are, normal human beings with the same motivations as any other human beings.

So the whites took the land from Indians who took it from other Indians. How far back do we go to decide whose land it really is?
            Can we demand the return of Istanbul to the Roman Empire while we are at it?
            Look, if they can take the land back by saying it's their historically, then how is that any different from taking it by any other means?
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
              Look, if they can take the land back by saying it's their historically, then how is that any different from taking it by any other means?
              Especially when 'other means' have proven ineffective,

it's simply a matter of good long-term strategy

When your land is occupied by 'foreigners' resistance becomes a moral duty does it not, if it takes centuries, so be it.

Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Considering the amount of Federal funds that go to the various "native American peoples", this is hypocrisy on a grand scale, but it seems to be the new American norm.
                From the outside, a heady brew of equal parts sentimentality and hypocrisy often seems to b precisely what the US has always been based on...

Comment

The US inherited that from the European antecedents...
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                    From the outside, a heady brew of equal parts sentimentality and hypocrisy often seems to b precisely what the US has always been based on...
                    No argument from me.

Comment

This might be of some interest - 2020 budget for the BIA:

https://www.bia.gov/sites/bia.gov/fi...d%20SIGNED.pdf

Want the land back? Refund the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post

A completely reasonable point.
                        But then they accept that there will be people pushing back to support their own claims.
                        I'm sure the ancient enemies of the Lakota Sioux (Blackfeet tribes) might also want "their" land back from the Lakota.

I tend to think that the North American Indian tribes were like all those small European nations that were constantly at war with each other several hundred years ago. Not a homogeneous group that was all oppressed by whites.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Especially when 'other means' have proven ineffective,

it's simply a matter of good long-term strategy

When your land is occupied by 'foreigners' resistance becomes a moral duty does it not, if it takes centuries, so be it.
                          One of these days the Flemish will get "their" lands back.
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

A completely reasonable point.
                            But then they accept that there will be people pushing back to support their own claims.
                            I'm sure the ancient enemies of the Lakota Sioux (Blackfeet tribes) might also want "their" land back from the Lakota.

I tend to think that the North American Indian tribes were like all those small European nations that were constantly at war with each other several hundred years ago. Not a homogeneous group that was all oppressed by whites.
                            If history has taught anyone anything, including the NA tribes, it is that what is yours only so long as you can successfully hang on to it.

Ask the Anasazi, the Mayans, the Incas and all of the other conquered peoples throughout history. There is no absolute ownership of anything, anywhere, by anyone. It's only yours as long as you can keep it.

Comment

One of these days the Flemish will get "their" lands back.
                              So will the Irish, the Polish and everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post

Cool story bro, but remember that if someone comes takes your stuff and makes you are second class citizen in your land then you can’t complain. That stuff happens, eh?
                                No American citizen is a second class citizen.

As modern day tribesmen complaining about their status would be akin to me as an Irishman or Italian claiming that I am discriminated against. Because anybody can go back hundreds or thousands of years and find a certain point where their people might’ve had a rough time.

In fact I don’t hear about any American not a single one taken down a statue of Tonto or any tribes men leaders. No one has torn down a statue of MLK Junior or Malcolm X. But we have seen statues of Christopher Columbus Italian explorer torn down...But you don’t see me or other Italian Americans at large forming a group called Italian lives matters and then complaining about reparations or discrimination in a country that is free and equal.
                                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X