X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Think it will treated fairly? Really?

A couple of years ago, black players in the NFL wanted to decorate their helmets to honor leo's killed in line of duty. The NFL refused permission.

Now, the black players want BLM on their helmets, and the NFL approved it.

This never been about "fair play" and it never will be. It has always been about self-proclaimed victimhood - real hard to do when you make millions per year - and the subsequent "entitlement".

"White privilege"? Where?
    You seem pretty angry about it. It's enough to make one wonder if you haven't been oppressed at one time or another . . . .
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

You seem pretty angry about it. It's enough to make one wonder if you haven't been oppressed at one time or another . . . .

Personal comments about me, SM? I didn't know you cared.

Not angry, just prefer the truth instead of the usual 55 gallon barrel of Kool-Aid.

I must say, though...I'm more than willing to receive some "privilege" anytime someone wants to offer me some. It would be a welcome change.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

There was, as originally written by Francis Scott Key, but no one has sung it in decades. I didn't even know that it had existed until I looked it up just a couple of weeks ago. I have to assume that few people know about the additional verses at all.
        Does that differ from what I presented in #115 here?

If so, would be interested in some further documentation/link.
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
        “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
        Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Personal comments about me, SM? I didn't know you cared.
          I actually do, far more than you realize. Your real-world experience has been a valuable contribution to this forum, and I'm quite glad that I've gotten to read at least some of it. I haven't always shared your views, but I still respect the person who produced them.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Not angry, just prefer the truth instead of the usual 55 gallon barrel of Kool-Aid.
          We've gone over this ground a number of times, but your responses lacked robustness. I'd be honored if you'd rectify that oversight. I thank you in advance sir.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I must say, though...I'm more than willing to receive some "privilege" anytime someone wants to offer me some. It would be a welcome change.
          What if it could be shown that you may have indeed enjoyed some sort of privilege, of a form perhaps subtle enough to escape the notice of its beneficiary? I mean, the very fact that a Caucasian is only half as likely as an African-American to be arrested for narcotics possession when rates of usage are roughly in line with their proportion of the population( pg 26) has to logically infer some kind of advantage to the Caucasian, no? (Not that I'm suggesting that you use drugs, merely observing that it's a statistical certainly that you've known people -- people close to you -- who've used, and clearly, if they were Caucasian, then they've likely enjoyed some advantage over an African-American in otherwise similar circumstances.)

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Does that differ from what I presented in #115 here?

If so, would be interested in some further documentation/link.
            I think that you quoted in full the same Wikipedia article that I had read recently. I do know that during both the the American Revolution and again during the War of 1812, the British sought to injure the US by recruiting slaves to their cause through inducements of freedom and bounties upon enlistment in the British forces. A slave captured in arms under such circumstances could expect to either be returned to a state of bondage, or to be put to death as a servile insurrectionist. So in that respect, Key's verse was not necessarily racist, certainly not in the 21st century understanding of that term, but it did express a presumption of loyalty on the part of the slaves to their owners and to their owners' country. That's frankly ridiculous in any era of history.

You have as many enemies as you have slaves - "Moral Letters to Lucilius, Letter 47," by Lucius Annaeus Seneca, 4 BC - 65 AD

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
              So what happens when white players take a knee during the black national anthem?
              If whites are being systemically mistreated by blacks, then they have every right to kneel. Other than that, this 'me too' mentality needs to stop. Gays have a Pride parade, so of course straight white males can't be left out of anything so they have to create a straight pride parade. Despite already having rights that homosexuals have to fight for. Blacks create a movement, whites have to counter with their own. Again, despite their lives not being under systemic danger. It's childish. Everything doesn't always have to be about you. Do what you want, but there should be a reason behind it, other than being petty.
              Last edited by TactiKill J.; 10 Jul 20, 16:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

If whites are being systemically mistreated by blacks, then they have every right to kneel. Other than that, this 'me too' mentality needs to stop. Gays have a Pride parade, so of course straight white males can't be left out of anything so they have to create a straight pride parade. Despite already having rights that homosexuals have to fight for. Blacks create a movement, whites have to counter with their own. Again, despite their lives not being under systemic danger. Blacks kneel, whites have to kneel as well. It's childish. Do what you want, but there should be a reason behind it, other than being petty.
                You're not seeing how silly this has gotten. The Irish got St Patrick's Day. The Italians got St Joseph's in Boston, and Columbus Day and San Gennaro's in New York. There's Greek Independence Day, Israeli Independence Day, Cinco de Mayo, National Puerto Rican Day, Gay Pride Day, Von Stueben's Day for Germans, International Women's Day -- need I go on? All of those groups claim some historical victimhood. Each of them embellishes the historical record. At what point can we safely declare that this has become a running joke? I came to that conclusion long ago myself. How about, instead of seeking your identity from some blathering a$$hole, you craft it yourself?

Comment

Think it will treated fairly? Really?

A couple of years ago, black players in the NFL wanted to decorate their helmets to honor leo's killed in line of duty. The NFL refused permission.

Now, the black players want BLM on their helmets, and the NFL approved it.

This never been about "fair play" and it never will be. It has always been about self-proclaimed victimhood - real hard to do when you make millions per year - and the subsequent "entitlement".

"White privilege"? Where?
                  I do not know about the NFL specifically, but I do know that police is regularly honored before sports games and they are thanked for their service.

But indeed, if there is not a complete domination of all leagues with expressions of such gratitude, it is a sign that that whites are not privileged

Frankly, I am tired of showing so much appreciation to people who do not take measures to reform their agencies and show a little more appreciation of their roe in serving the public.

And if one is really serious about leaving all politics outside of a stadium, he may realize that there is no need to stage such events, including playing the national anthem before every sporting event. In Europe, the national anthem is played only in games among national teams. For regular games, there is no reason to play any national anthem.

Here is the Champions League Anthem which is played when regular professional teams from different European countries meet in soccer

Last edited by pamak; 10 Jul 20, 16:41.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

If whites are being systemically mistreated by blacks, then they have every right to kneel. Other than that, this 'me too' mentality needs to stop. Gays have a Pride parade, so of course straight white males can't be left out of anything so they have to create a straight pride parade. Despite already having rights that homosexuals have to fight for. Blacks create a movement, whites have to counter with their own. Again, despite their lives not being under systemic danger. It's childish. Everything doesn't always have to be about you. Do what you want, but there should be a reason behind it, other than being petty.
                    You support an divisive idea like separate anthems then talk about childish.
                    That's what we call rich in the hood.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

You support an divisive idea like separate anthems then talk about childish.
                      That's what we call rich in the hood.
                      From the first page of the thread.

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      This is just their way of getting the players to not kneel and those who are easily appeased are eating it up.
                      I don't support it. Don't put words in my mouth.

Comment

From the first page of the thread.

I don't support it. Don't put words in my mouth.
                        I stand corrected, so why is this thread still going?
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

• An alternative anthem sounds like a great opportunity for anyone tired of the BLM nonsense to express their dissatisfaction by 'taking a knee' while it plays.
                          ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                          2) Enjoy playing it
                          3) Enjoy sharing it
                          4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

There was, as originally written by Francis Scott Key, but no one has sung it in decades. I didn't even know that it had existed until I looked it up just a couple of weeks ago. I have to assume that few people know about the additional verses at all.
                            Where does it mention killing slaves?
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X