Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jutland, two steps forward and one step back is still going forward.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      Not even the protestors provide a solution other than destruction
      They have, you're just not listening.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        Jutland, two steps forward and one step back is still going forward.

Pruitt
        I guess they said that about giving all the men the vote, giving women the vote. It might be going forward but when you're talking about equality is it enough? Why are we even talking about this? Shouldn't they already have it?
        Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

You either have equality or you don't. I have always thought I was equal to anybody. It has made some people upset over the years. Well, what can I say? Are there some people better than me? Probably, but I won't hold it against them. It is not the number of votes cast, but who counts the ballots!

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
            AND this is the true face of it.
            Many Conservatives really do look at the Democratic party as the Black Man party. It's no difference to them.
            Well this runs deeper than just White vs. Black, your entire society, from your president, over the army vet to the frustrated high school student, all are fully convinced their problems can be blamed on 'someone else'

be it the the Left, the Conservatives, Liberals, Blacks/Whites, China, Trump or Obama....

it's never 'you', it's always 'them'.

Just my observation after a decade of ACG US politics
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 05 Jul 20, 23:22.
            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Well this runs deeper than just White vs. Black, your entire society
              BS, keep believing the political tanted MSM, the isnt the reality here, on the ground.
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

The American national anthem is already racist, so that would just be redundant.
                Missed me. Isn't the only colour mentioned 'The Rockets' Red Glare " ?
                "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Judith View Post
                  How about only playing national anthems at international sport events?
                  Yes, but which anthem should they play for the USA, the White National Anthem or the Black National Anthem?

I guess for individual events like in the Olympics that's easy enough, black for the blacks, white for the whites, but what about team events? If the majority of the team is black, play the black anthem, if they're white, the white anthem? But should coaches and staff count?

It's all getting very complicated

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    This is getting ridiculous!

Pruitt
                    SORRY Pru but can only give you one like.

All the Stupid MFers, we are supposed to be the UNITED States and multi anthems are not going to UNITE us. I'm against all movements nd party's that don't have that as a core value.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
                      It will get ridiculous only if they bring Koepernick to sign it and the crowd is asked to kneel during the anthem
                      Can we kneel during the Black National Anthem?
                      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

• Originally posted by American87 View Post

Can we kneel during the Black National Anthem?
                        If you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

SORRY Pru but can only give you one like.

All the Stupid MFers, we are supposed to be the UNITED States and multi anthems are not going to UNITE us. I'm against all movements nd party's that don't have that as a core value.
                          With the exception of WW2, were we ever truly united? Before Oct 1777 -- the Battle of Saratoga -- did the patriot cause enjoy more than 1/3 support from Americans? In the 1860s, the North was rife with Copperheads, and the South with Unionists. During WW1 Pres Wilson so feared backlash from Irish and German immigrants and their descendants that he signed into law the Sedition Act. Indeed, it took Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor to silence once and for all the German Bundists and America First. You were around in the '60s: "Bombingham" . . . . Chaney Schwerner Goodman . . . . Vietnam . . . . race riots in LA, Newark, New Haven . . . . The Chicago Seven . . . . The Minutemen . . . . The Weather Underground . . . . Black Panthers taking over the Statehouse in Sacramento . . . . "Tune In, Turn On, Drop Out" . . . . George Wallace.... Are we really more disunited now than we were fifty-some years ago? Naturally I wasn't there, witness to many of these events, but I've got to say, we're were a lot more disunited then than we are now.

That's my take, at any rate.
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by Jutland View Post

If you want.
                            Will I get jumped or lose my job?
                            "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Didn't you grow up before the passage of the civil rights act?

You know that time when blacks couldn't vote, were denied basic civil rights.

But this is worse.....
                              In most states they could vote and had civil rights. Technically they had such through out the USA, but seems some State's had difficulty understanding and applying the XIV Amendment, which was passed in 1868.
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                              “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                              Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post

I dunno, I just assumed that if there was a White National Anthem then that would be considered racist.

It's hard to keep up these days.
                                So can we honor my national/cultural heritage during these pre-game concerts and get the Armenian National Anthem played as well?
                                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                                “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                                Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X