Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see it now, the Super Bowl will feature the national anthem, the black national anthem, the Mexican American national anthem, The Japanese American national anthem, the Chinese American national anthem, Korean American national anthem, the Cuban American national anthem, the Irish American national anthem......then after thee days, the game will start....
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      I can see it now, the Super Bowl will feature the national anthem, the black national anthem, the Mexican American national anthem, The Japanese American national anthem, the Chinese American national anthem, Korean American national anthem, the Cuban American national anthem, the Irish American national anthem......then after thee days, the game will start....
      They already play multiple anthems at boxing events and NBA games. It hasn't hurt anyone so far.

Here's an idea. End racism and companies will stop with these pointless gestures.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

They already play multiple anthems at boxing events and NBA games. It hasn't hurt anyone so far.

Here's an idea. End racism and companies will stop with these pointless gestures.
        Ok genius, you go first. I didn't start it, so how can I stop it?
        Reparations ? Not likely, and if that ever came to be it would never be enough, everyone would just want more..
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Here is a plan to stop racism, take all reference to race off all employment applications, government documents and college grant and scholarship applications.

Comment

Here is a plan to stop racism, take all reference to race off all employment applications, government documents and college grant and scholarship applications.
            That wouldn't help because employers assume a person's race based off their name and will discriminate that way.

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minoritie...ore-interviews

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ok genius, you go first. I didn't start it, so how can I stop it?
              Reparations ? Not likely, and if that ever came to be it would never be enough, everyone would just want more..
              Reparations won't stop people from being racist. Racism is too embedded within American culture to ever truly end imo.
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That wouldn't help because employers assume a person's race based off their name and will discriminate that way.

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minoritie...ore-interviews
                Even black employers?

Comment

Even black employers?
                  No, only white employers according to research.

Here's another study https://cos.gatech.edu/facultyres/Di...kishaJamal.pdf
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

....my point isn't that no one has a grievance, my point is it's time to stop referring to ourselves as Mexican American, or White American, or African American, or Chinese American, hyphenated this and that, Gay American, Trans American
                    those hyphenated labels separate us.
                    And yet you biggest 'divide' is displayed here on the ACG daily - it is an artificial one, of your own making, the divide between 'Left' and 'Right'.

I can take any number of posts and replace the word 'left' with 'black' and make racists of most of you
                    Last edited by Snowygerry; 05 Jul 20, 01:11.
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

How about scrap playing any national anthem in a stupid sport event in the first place? How about only playing national anthems at international sport events?

Comment

I'm not going to sit here and argue whether or not slavery was racist in 1814. The context for the song was provided, if you refuse to acknowledge the history of Key's and how that played into the song, then that's your problem, I won't waste time talking to a brick wall.
                        Where did anyone claim that slavery was or wasn't racist?

The context of the phrase was provided and proven that the words were not racist. Facts were presented.
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

And yet you biggest 'divide' is displayed here on the ACG daily - it is an artificial one, of your own making, the divide between 'Left' and 'Right'.

I can take any number of posts and replace the word 'left' with 'black' and make racists of most of you
                          Now your equating racial discrimination with political identification.

Comment

Now your equating racial discrimination with political identification.
                            That is the number 1 problem.
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

No, only white employers according to research.

Here's another study https://cos.gatech.edu/facultyres/Di...kishaJamal.pdf
                              If you think blacks aren't prejudice you are beyond naïve. and disingenuous .
                              The first step to being a color blind society is to remove racial identifying questions on all government forms, all job applications, all school enrollment forms and grant request.
                              Why does the government ask us that at all?

Comment

If you think blacks aren't prejudice you are beyond naïve. and disingenuous .
                                The first step to being a color blind society is to remove racial identifying questions on all government forms, all job applications, all school enrollment forms and grant request.
                                Why does the government ask us that at all?
                                Initially, as a means to monitor various social programs aimed at minorities. Can't have a program if you don't know how many of what kind.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X