This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Didn't you grow up before the passage of the civil rights act?

You know that time when blacks couldn't vote, were denied basic civil rights.

But this is worse.....
    Well, yeah.
    For Conservatives equal rights for everyone is a tragedy. Doesn't get much worse for them then that.
    Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Can we sing a White National Anthem?
      America already does.
      Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
        It will get ridiculous only if they bring Koepernick to sign it and the crowd is asked to kneel during the anthem
        They asked the crowd to lock arms in solidarity a couple years ago and the fans refused. That proved it's not the protests they were against, but equality itself.
        Last edited by TactiKill J.; 03 Jul 20, 15:44.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Good Grief.
          And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
          That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
          A home and a Country should leave us no more?
          Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
          No refuge could save the hireling and slave
          From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
          And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
          O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

How can I possibly take pride in a song that blatantly disparages my people.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

And you know that part was edited out years ago. IMO we should have adopted America the Beautiful in the first place.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

And you know that part was edited out years ago. IMO we should have adopted America the Beautiful in the first place.
              Pfffffffy,
              Lee Greenwood's God Bless America.

He needs to redo the video, though. Try to put a few people of color in it.

Comment

The American national anthem is already racist, so that would just be redundant.
                What a load of garbage. You are not only wrong here, but that statement is also disingenuous.

Perhaps you'd like to explain yourself, or are you merely jumping on a band wagon?
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

And it was taken out because it's racist, you and I both know that. So why would it be unfair to call the song racist?

Songs that aren't racist don't need racist verses edited out.
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And who are 'your people'? If you're an American, then the American people should be your 'people.'
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

We expend a disproportionate amount of treasure, blood, sweat and tears on 15 percent of the population.
                      We hunt the hunters

Comment

And it was taken out because it's racist, you and I both know that. So why would it be unfair to call the song racist?

Songs that aren't racist don't need racist verses edited out.
                        And I could post the lyrics of hundreds of popular rap songs that are much more offensive,
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

And I could post the lyrics of hundreds of popular rap songs that are much more offensive,
                          lmao. You can find rock songs, metal, etc that are more offensive as well. None of which are used as our national anthem though. Are you serious with this?
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

And who are 'your people'? If you're an American, then the American people should be your 'people.'
                            It's funny how white people can go as far as castigating white liberals, calling them "race traitors". To complaining about politicians and MSM and their racism towards whites. Some of which are valid points. But, when black people point out things that are racist we're asked to drop our racial identity. No. These double standards aren't going to fly anymore. If whites can have both a national and racial identity then so too can blacks. I will not allow you to continue to strip me of my identity. It's bad enough I have to bear a name I have no actual heritage to. I cannot allow the white washing to go any further.

It's impossible to consider yourself as part of a group you were never accepted in anyway.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

lmao. You can find rock songs, metal, etc that are more offensive as well. None of which are used as our national anthem though. Are you serious with this?
                              The funny part is, as a white man I couldn't sing half of the popular rap songs because I would be using the "N" word every verse.....

Comment

Stop falling for the left's attempt at changing history. If you look up what a "hireling and slave" was used to describe in 1814, you will find this:

However, if you narrow the search to Key's time, 1780-1816, you will see that slave and hireling were each used in a pejorative fashion to describe free people carrying out the wishes of a more powerful person.

https://www.stevenson.edu/academics/...f-fort-mchenry

Keep in mind,he wrote it about the bombardment.

The song "blatantly disparages" the British soldiers and sailors that were conducting the bombardment.....this was a couple days after they burned Washington DC.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X