Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Letter to the Editor of the LA Times...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Letter to the Editor of the LA Times...

Common sense in a letter...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

To the editor: Any time there is progress in society, there is a rebuff in reaction. As Gloria Steinem said, lynchings became common not during slavery, but after emancipation. ("'Something is not right.' George Floyd protests push white Americans to think about their privilege," June 28)

I call that the "Fugitive Slave Law Theory." After slaves became successful in fleeing to freedom in the North, Congress passed the Fugitive Slave Act in 1850, requiring that ex-slaves found in a free state be returned back to slavery in the South.

When Barack Obama was elected president, it appeared that America had made progress on race relations. But then came the rebuff in the form of Donald Trump's victory. Our current president thrives on blaming and dividing, and he has signaled support for white nationalism.

If we are to progress and continue to be a global leader, white America truly has to have a change of heart. It must support a forward-thinking, unifying leader, and not some anachronistic politician whose thought process is from the 19th century.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Chances of the USA getting a unifying leader are nil.
    The USA are divided and polarized to the bone, and your political system is such that that is never going to change.
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

If the US made so much progress in race relations during Obama, why did the BLM riot even then?
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        Common sense in a letter...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

[When Barack Obama was elected president, it appeared that America had made progress on race relations. But then came the rebuff in the form of Donald Trump's victory. Our current president thrives on blaming and dividing, and he has signaled support for white nationalism.
        What did President Obama do to unite us? Didn't he tell the Republicans he didn't want their input?

Since When is President Trump a racist. Because he doesn't bow down to a group called black lives matter?

Didn't President Obama spend a lot of his two terms blaming the prior administration for his woes?

I don't Claim President Trump is a uniter . But neither was President Obama.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          Common sense in a letter....
          Another racist letter to an editor.

Obama was elected twice....yet the US is racist?

Seriously?

Replace are the 'white' words with 'black' and the left would proclaim it was a racist letter.

Double standards by the left again....
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

What did President Obama do to unite us? Didn't he tell the Republicans he didn't want their input?

I don't Claim President Trump is a uniter . But neither was President Obama.
            We are just as divided as we were under Obama, Obama didn't help, as a matter of fact, I think the division got worse, and it had nothing to do with race in my opinion.

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Obama was a joke, and not even a funny one. 8 years of sound bites, one liners and... well not much else.

I’ll give credit that the nuts and bolts of the administration was ok unlike this thing, but that was more to the inertia of the bureaucracy than anything else. On the big ticket items he was just kicking the can down the road.

Now you are down that road. Trump may be bad, but much of this was dumped on him. There weren’t any saints before him
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X