Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The US is 'out of control' under Trump...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump is worried about his base right now and is now in the happy position (happy for me) that he has to pander to them to consolidate their support. His speeches aren't even doing that. A consensus is forming to get rid of Trump and growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Correct-a nation does not have to be at war to have enemies. For example, the Russians and the Chinese are enemies of the US and we're not at war.
      Maybe you should just out of their continent.
      There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        Tends to a relative matter in some countries. If most everyone over there is left of center, as defined here, you could be relative to the right of the majority there, but not here.
        Yep. That’s the problem here. I work with Canadians- they consider me centre - right. I married an English girl and her and her family consider me centre right. I have a Kiwi brother in law, and he and his family (weird arse lefties as they are) think I’m a bit right of centre. In fact on all the forums I am on, or have ever been on, it’s only ever been the US right that I’ve ever been asked to identify my position. Odd, eh?

And I don’t need a quiz to tell me who I am or what I think. I know who I am. I’d rather the government stay away from me as much as possible, but when they can’t, then use their power and my money to do good things and not attempt to grow their own power. But geez say I don’t mind my taxes going to (say) supporting medical equality, then I must be bowing at the statue of Lenin.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Of course. Spreading the burden is sooooo extreme leftist .
          "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
            It’s funny. Over here I’m right-centre. In this place I’m a card carrying commie.
            From your post, over the years, that's about where I'd place you, for what that it is worth.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post

Yep. That’s the problem here. I work with Canadians- they consider me centre - right. I married an English girl and her and her family consider me centre right. I have a Kiwi brother in law, and he and his family (weird arse lefties as they are) think I’m a bit right of centre. In fact on all the forums I am on, or have ever been on, it’s only ever been the US right that I’ve ever been asked to identify my position. Odd, eh?

And I don’t need a quiz to tell me who I am or what I think. I know who I am. I’d rather the government stay away from me as much as possible, but when they can’t, then use their power and my money to do good things and not attempt to grow their own power. But geez say I don’t mind my taxes going to (say) supporting medical equality, then I must be bowing at the statue of Lenin.
              As the saying goes, "the Devil is in the Details", of definitions. One person's idea of "good" might be another person's idea of "bad". Seems to be what history is made of. See Nazis versus Jews c.1939 for the differences of "what's good for Germany" as an example.

"medical equality" ????

Going through their media; books, TV, films, etc. it seems the CommonWealth nations have being increasingly majority shifting left of center, as we'd define such here in USA, for a few decades/generations now. So as I suggest, can be relative to what you are comparing to.

Quite likely the examples(people) you present would score on the Left side of the quiz. You might be in that middle square of Centrist, but only you can call that and would depend how honest you are with the test/quiz. BTW, while the possible answers break out in three choices and score at 20, 10, 0 points, one can fine tune and if you think are between to options, score a 15 or 5 for example.

I've also thought I knew who/what I am on the politics/issues, but recently in taking this quiz, though landing in the Center, it's been closer to the Liberal(Left)~Libertarian edge than I'd expected.

Quiz was presented for benefit of any other's reading here whom might be interested.
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
              “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
              Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                Of course. Spreading the burden is sooooo extreme leftist .
                Would depend on what/how you define "burden".
                Usually anything done by force/coercion, a.k.a. the Law/power of the State will be seen as Left, maybe extreme as well. Such as taken productivity or wealth of some to give to others.

If "spreading the burden" is done volunterily and to extent the ones "spreading" do what they think they can afford, than we're into charity, not the same as taxed - by the state(people).

Spreading the opportunity, say for free enterprise and rewards proportional to effort/investment is more the opposite of the extreme leftist.

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Maybe you should just out of their continent.
                  I believe "their continent" (plural might be more correct) are shared by many other nations beside those two.

Last time I checked, this planet is a sphere, and we are all downwind and downstream of each other, while also upwind and upstream of each other.
                  This yin-yang really started to apply once industrial and mechanization appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    That's an interesting site, but the quiz itself is too short to yield accurate results. At least for American politics. I scored 100/100 for libertarian, but would anyone here view me as anything other than far left? In the US political leaning is largely determined by views on race and religion. Possibly a bad sign of how identity politics is taking over.

A more accurate site might be https://www.isidewith.com/
                    As I've seen it, some of your positions go a bit Left, others a bit Right, which is sort of what a Libertarian would be expected.

Admittedly, ten rather short topic questions may not be comprehensive, but also aren't about to discourage and turn off most by being too involved and lengthy. Hence "shortest" quiz.

As a gauge for generic political leaning it works fairly well.

Your alternate is also helpful, but as you point out, more extensive and with specific focuses.

As for:" In the US political leaning is largely determined by views on race and religion." My experiences are that tends to be limited and partisan only to some in the USA. Others are more concerned with "Economics" for the most part, such as taxes versus spending, opportunity for free enterprise versus state controls, wealth creation versus wealth redistribution, etc.

Personal freedoms and lifestyle would seem to be the next determinants. Race and/or religion may be factors in this and for some more "major" while for others more "minor".

Comment

I believe "their continent" (plural might be more correct) are shared by many other nations beside those two.

Last time I checked, this planet is a sphere, and we are all downwind and downstream of each other, while also upwind and upstream of each other.
                      This yin-yang really started to apply once industrial and mechanization appeared.
                      Then you see no problem if China or Russia will put their missiles in Cuba. It's ok for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Then you see no problem if China or Russia will put their missiles in Cuba. It's ok for me.
                        I didn't say that, but not much different than submarine based missiles only 50 miles offshore from Russia or China. However, if Cuba were to allow such it wouldn't foster "good relations" with the USA, and might have economic repercussions to Cuba.

China, or Russia for that matter, aren't the only nations in/on the Asian continent. Russia isn't the only nation on the European continent. Neither can lay claim to either continent being " theirs ", and/or theirs alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          The racist president-and he is definitely out of control.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

At the foot of Mount Rushmore on the eve of Independence Day, President Donald Trump made a direct appeal to disaffected white voters four months before Election Day, accusing protesters who have pushed for racial justice of engaging in a “merciless campaign to wipe out our history.”

The president dug further into American divisions Friday, offering a discordant tone to an electorate battered by a pandemic and wounded by racial injustice following the high-profile killings of Black people. He zeroed in on the desecration by some protesters of monuments and statues across the country that honor those who have benefited from slavery, including some past presidents.

“This movement is openly attacking the legacies of every person on Mount Rushmore," Trump said. He lamented “cancel culture" and charged that some on the political left hope to “defame our heroes, erase our values and indoctrinate our children." He said Americans should speak proudly of their heritage and shouldn't have to apologize for its history.

“We will not be terrorized, we will not be demeaned, and we will not be intimidated by bad, evil people,” Trump added. “It will not happen.”
                          Episodes like the CHAZ/CHOP/CHAOS in Seattle, or the following article/link are far more divisive for our nation than anything Trump could say;

Suspects charged in brutal beating caught on video. Victim says one attacker told him 'Black Lives Matter' as he kicked him in face.
                          One suspect is only 14 years old
                          https://www.theblaze.com/news/suspec...t%20270%20days

Comment

I didn't say that, but not much different than submarine based missiles only 50 miles offshore from Russia or China. However, if Cuba were to allow such it wouldn't foster "good relations" with the USA, and might have economic repercussions to Cuba.

China, or Russia for that matter, aren't the only nations in/on the Asian continent. Russia isn't the only nation on the European continent. Neither can lay claim to either continent being " theirs ", and/or theirs alone.
                            They're the two powers with the weight to impose their policies.

Comment

Trump Contacts Man Whose Son Was Murdered In Seattle’s CHOP

President Donald Trump called Horace Lorenzo Anderson Sr. on Thursday to offer his condolences over the death of his son, Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr., who was shot and killed inside Seattle’s Capitol Hill Occupied Protest (CHOP).
                              The CHOP was peaceful during the daylight hours, but violent at night, as armed groups roamed the streets with weapons and enforced their own brand of vigilante discipline. Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best openly criticized city leaders for allowing lawlessness to prevail, as did President Trump, who constantly challenged Durkan and Gov. Jay Inslee to intervene to end the chaos. On June 20, two people were shot, one fatally — the first of several shootings.

Fox News reported that Trump called Anderson after seeing him interviewed on Hannity the night before:

“We just talked to the president of the United States,” Anderson’s friend and family spokesman Andre Taylor, who took part in Wednesday’s interview, told Fox News. “How are you going to top that?”

Taylor said Trump told Anderson he saw his interview with Hannity Wednesday night and was moved by the grieving father’s grace in the face of tragedy. In what Taylor said was a seven-minute call, Trump offered his condolences and support.

“He said he watched ‘Hannity’ last night, and told Horace, ‘Your son is looking down on you and watching over you,’” Taylor recounted. “He was incredibly gracious, and it gave Horace some extra help as he buried his son.”

Anderson said that Mayor Durkan had never contacted him, though she did after his interview aired on Hannity.
                              https://www.americanpatriotforum.com...seattles-chop/

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

I'm not sure if your from the U.S. We don't have identifiers since the new set up.

There is a separation between federal and local powers in the US.

Police powers are by and large a local issue e.g. city and county. Most cops are either from local police e.g city agencies or county sheriff's department.

The states have some police officers under state control. And the governor can call out the state national guard.

None of the above is under the president's control.

In extraordinary situations the president can take over the national guards or send in regular federal troops. Usually this is done at the request of a governor. The president can do this on his own power but this is rare.
                                I'm not a US citizen and yet I did know all of that. The point is that the respondents to the poll (and we should remember it's just a poll, for what it's worth) apparently did not feel that their city, their county or their state are out of control. They felt that their country is out of control. If the problem is country-wide, I'd look at who's in charge for the country, myself.

Yes, there is a problem when the local administrations are not of the same party as the central government. That's not exactly news. The solution - until relatively recently - usually was to work out some degree of cooperation. Compromise. Bipartisan solutions. Especially in times of national crisis. Naturally, that gets much more difficult if the ends of the political spectrum built their political fortunes on divisiveness.

All that said, are you (and other posters) sure that the feeling of the entire USA being out of control hangs on rioting?
                                To put this one poll into context, one might look up the average of multiple polls asking the respondents whether the country is going in the right direction or actually is on the wrong track.
                                According to the Real Clear Politics site(and I stress they are calculating averages of multiple polls, given the tendency to shoot the messenger of bad news), the last peak in the feeling that the country was going in the right direction was on March 2, and that was a 40.2% - not bad overall, given the generally pessimistic outlook over the last years. Then it went quickly downhill, to the present 23.8%.
                                Now, Floyd was killed on May 25. The long slide down in national confidence had begun nearly three months before. So I doubt the main problem with the USA's future are the riots after that killing.

I don't know why US citizens were on average less pessimistic on March 2 than today, naturally. But it's just possible that on March 2, many of the respondents still believed in what Trump had said on February 26: "When you have 15 people — and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero — that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”
                                Michele

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X