Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The US is 'out of control' under Trump...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

What does this mean? I'm not at war with any one.
    You sure?

No need for war to have enemies.

Also you don't have to be at war, for someone else to decide they at war with you...

Comment

The racist president-and he is definitely out of control.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

At the foot of Mount Rushmore on the eve of Independence Day, President Donald Trump made a direct appeal to disaffected white voters four months before Election Day, accusing protesters who have pushed for racial justice of engaging in a “merciless campaign to wipe out our history.”

The president dug further into American divisions Friday, offering a discordant tone to an electorate battered by a pandemic and wounded by racial injustice following the high-profile killings of Black people. He zeroed in on the desecration by some protesters of monuments and statues across the country that honor those who have benefited from slavery, including some past presidents.

“This movement is openly attacking the legacies of every person on Mount Rushmore," Trump said. He lamented “cancel culture" and charged that some on the political left hope to “defame our heroes, erase our values and indoctrinate our children." He said Americans should speak proudly of their heritage and shouldn't have to apologize for its history.

“We will not be terrorized, we will not be demeaned, and we will not be intimidated by bad, evil people,” Trump added. “It will not happen.”
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

More on Trump's intentional divisiveness:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Standing in a packed amphitheater in front of Mount Rushmore for an Independence Day celebration, President Trump delivered a dark and divisive speech on Friday that cast his struggling effort to win a second term as a battle against a “new far-left fascism” seeking to wipe out the nation’s values and history.

With the coronavirus pandemic raging and his campaign faltering in the polls, his appearance amounted to a fiery reboot of his re-election effort, using the holiday and an official presidential address to mount a full-on culture war against a straw-man version of the left that he portrayed as inciting mayhem and moving the country toward totalitarianism.

“Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values and indoctrinate our children,” Mr. Trump said, addressing a packed crowd of sign-waving supporters, few of whom wore masks. “Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities.”
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
          You sure?

Also you don't have to be at war, for someone else to decide they at war with you...
          Correct-a nation does not have to be at war to have enemies. For example, the Russians and the Chinese are enemies of the US and we're not at war.

Comment

It’s funny. Over here I’m right-centre. In this place I’m a card carrying commie.
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
              It’s funny. Over here I’m right-centre. In this place I’m a card carrying commie.
              Same here, comrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

who are reacting to unruly, uncivilized cops.
                Mayyyyyybe, if we can get the cops in line and practice a little equal justice, they wouldn't be a little out of control.
                Funny how Conservatives like to change the focus.
                Easier to keep the racist message alive.
                Funny how this latest episode of "out of control cops" started in Minneapolis,
                where the:
                Mayor is a Democrat
                Governor is a Democrat
                State attorney general is a Democrat (and black)
                Police chief is a Democrat (and black)
                Hennepin county prosecutor is a Democrat
                both US senators are democrat (previously worked in mayors/prosecutors office)
                City council are all Democrats, except one Green

So which of these folks are responsible for hiring/disciplining the violent racist cops?
                Or are they all just incompetent?

Who was responsible for writing/editing/approving the police manual that authorized the neck restraint used?

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
                Which unarmed black man killed by a cop or the KKK would you like to start with?
                How about Michael Brown?
                Tell me about "Hands up don't shoot"

Comment

You sure?

Johan Baner, You've gotten a little too esoteric for me.
                  "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                  Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Another canned reply.

Anyone who doesn't march locked step with you must be a stormtrooper. Ignorant
                    When they start calling you names it means they have nothing real to say.
                    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                      Tends to a relative matter in some countries. If most everyone over there is left of center, as defined here, you could be relative to the right of the majority there, but not here.

There is a fairly neutral and objective why to measure and find out, try this;
                      Where do you fit?
                      Find your fit on the world's smallest political quiz.
                      More than left and right
                      Our world-famous quiz challenges the dominant "Left versus Right" political model, which is misleading and fatally flawed.
                      https://www.theadvocates.org/

Here's the pdf;
                      https://www.theadvocates.org/wp-cont...-positions.pdf

Please note that per 'the advocates' you can not reproduce/print etc. without their permission;
                      QUOTE: " Please note, while we strongly encourage you to link to the Quiz, and offer our Quiz GIF as one way to do this, you may not copy the World’s Smallest Political Quiz to any other location. "
                      https://www.theadvocates.org/reprint-and-copyright/

Note, one can just look at the test questions and do your answers on paper. No need to do such through their website.
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                      “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                      Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

That's an interesting site, but the quiz itself is too short to yield accurate results. At least for American politics. I scored 100/100 for libertarian, but would anyone here view me as anything other than far left? In the US political leaning is largely determined by views on race and religion. Possibly a bad sign of how identity politics is taking over.

A more accurate site might be https://www.isidewith.com/
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

When they start calling you names it means they have nothing real to say.
                          So very true
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Agree.

Comment

Johan Baner, You've gotten a little too esoteric for me.
                              Trump's Rushmore speech was direct fighting-talk, and he is the president. The war might already have started for all we know.

Comment

Trump's Rushmore speech was direct fighting-talk, and he is the president. The war might already have started for all we know.
                                Hi Johan Baner

The Presidents speech for the 4th of July was beyond disappointing.

He had the biggest of all national stages to bring a modicum of class and healing by extolling what has made America great in the eyes of its citizens (and to those around the world who care about America). America was built upon the blood, sweat and tears of all Political, Cultural, Racial, Religious backs, yet he chose a divisive tone. A tone that only entrenches often extreme views, rather than bringing people in from those extremes.

He should have taken a day away from thinking about himself and focused his attentions on bringing all Americans together in both reconciliation, remembrance and rejoicing. Sadly it was beyond him.

Regards

Andy H
                                "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X