Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The US is 'out of control' under Trump...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

who are reacting to unruly, uncivilized cops.
    Mayyyyyybe, if we can get the cops in line and practice a little equal justice, they wouldn't be a little out of control.
    Funny how Conservatives like to change the focus.
    Easier to keep the racist message alive.
    I have never seen cops burn cities, topple statues, take over entire parts of down town areas for weeks, burn cars, homes and businesses, poop on the streets.
    There is no excuse for what has been going on.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

The Democrats ARE IN CONTROL of the governments in the cities that are out of control.

It sure isn't Trump supporters burning, looting and rioting in said cities.
      No, they're just going around slinging racial slurs, committing mass murders, threatening to kill blacks, enacting policies based in hate, using excessive force when protected by a badge, ignoring a pandemic, violating 2ndA rights. But other than that, they're angels.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

I have never seen cops burn cities, topple statues, take over entire parts of down town areas for weeks, burn cars, homes and businesses, poop on the streets.
        There is no excuse for what has been going on.
        Sure there is. It's called Mass Murder.
        Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Sure there is. It's called Mass Murder.
          Proof?
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
            So then you know where the ENEMY is, right?
            What does this mean? I'm not at war with any one.
            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
              So the answer to three quarters of US citizens who feel their country (not their county, not their city) is out of control is... "it's the local administrators' fault"?
              So what do you use the federal government for, again?
              I'm not sure if your from the U.S. We don't have identifiers since the new set up.

There is a separation between federal and local powers in the US.

Police powers are by and large a local issue e.g. city and county. Most cops are either from local police e.g city agencies or county sheriff's department.

The states have some police officers under state control. And the governor can call out the state national guard.

None of the above is under the president's control.

In extraordinary situations the president can take over the national guards or send in regular federal troops. Usually this is done at the request of a governor. The president can do this on his own power but this is rare.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
              Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

As a Canadian, I am very glad the us can border is closed, your covid-19 response is dysfunctional ,
                I can not believe that reasonable people and government are letting this happen. 50,000 new cases in one day. I often visit my friends and relatives in the USA, but not now.

Comment

Proof?
                  Which unarmed black man killed by a cop or the KKK would you like to start with?
                  Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Which unarmed black man killed by a cop or the KKK would you like to start with?
                    A fraction compared to the death toll from street gangs and black on black murders

Comment

A fraction compared to the death toll from street gangs and black on black murders
                      Ah, the standard reply of Storm Front.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

No, they're just going around slinging racial slurs, committing mass murders, threatening to kill blacks, enacting policies based in hate, using excessive force when protected by a badge, ignoring a pandemic, violating 2ndA rights. But other than that, they're angels.
                        What are you talking about? Where are these mass murders?

Comment

No one loves the kkk more than al sharpton and jesse jackson. When ever these losers show up it make them feel relevant.

If you take every death by cops of blacks in the US you have varying situations. Most are straight up justified. Some are questionable. In some cases the cops made tragic mistakes. And some are unquestionably unjustified. In spite of what the news media would have you believe most cops are not driving around looking for an excuse to shot a black man.

An incident in Minnesota where it appears that the cop used excessive force and killed a black man makes national news. The multitude of incidents where force is justified general don't make the national news.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

No one loves the kkk more than al sharpton and jesse jackson. When ever these losers show up it make them feel relevant.

If you take every death by cops of blacks in the US you have varying situations. Most are straight up justified. Some are questionable. In some cases the cops made tragic mistakes. And some are unquestionably unjustified. In spite of what the news media would have you believe most cops are not driving around looking for an excuse to shot a black man.

An incident in Minnesota where it appears that the cop used excessive force and killed a black man makes national news. The multitude of incidents where force is justified general don't make the national news.

Amen! If it bleeds, it leads in the media, especially if it's black vs white, they'll make a meal out of it and can't get enough of it, writing about it for weeks!
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Ah, the standard reply of Storm Front.
                              Another canned reply.

Anyone who doesn't march locked step with you must be a stormtrooper. Ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                                The only problem is that the Democrats are not in power,
                                It has always been about some people's party.....

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X