Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The US is 'out of control' under Trump...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US is 'out of control' under Trump...

A new poll finds that 75% of Americans believe that the country is 'out of control' under the Trump administration...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgdhp

A survey published by Yahoo! News and YouGov on Thursday found that 75 percent of Americans believed their country was out of control, compared to just 14 percent who felt it was under control.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

It's why I say that Conservatives have to know he stands no chance come November.
    You can see that in how Republicans are behaving in Congress right now.

Most now want to see the military bases renamed and I have a feeling this is going to happen despite Trumps objections.
    You can see it in the reversal of the Republicans Mask policy.

I think Biden will win, but he'll probably be a 1 term president (and I hope it's by choice).
    Let someone younger take the reigns next.

Nikki Haley has the best shot right now for 2024 (hell, I'd vote for her unless Dems can find a better candidate than Biden for 2024).

Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

It looks more "adrift" under the Trump admin than actually "out of control", but neither situation is particularly good...

Comment

Fixed it:

The US is 'out of control' under DemocRats...

My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

The only problem is that the Democrats are not in power, even though they control the House. The Republicans have the Senate, which with McConnell as majority leader, they are a do-nothing Senate. And with Trump in the White House, the US is definitely going down the wrong road. Incompetence and near-treasonous behavior by Trump and his administration is diminishing the country both at home and abroad. Trump is subservient to Putin, and cannot stand any criticism of his 'little buddy' no matter who delivers it.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            The only problem is that the Democrats are not in power, even though they control the House. The Republicans have the Senate, which with McConnell as majority leader, they are a do-nothing Senate. And with Trump in the White House, the US is definitely going down the wrong road. Incompetence and near-treasonous behavior by Trump and his administration is diminishing the country both at home and abroad. Trump is subservient to Putin, and cannot stand any criticism of his 'little buddy' no matter who delivers it.
            Um, maybe I'm missing something here, but where are the riots taking place? (dem controlled cities)
            Where is the looting taking place? (See above)
            Where are policemen being attacked or murdered? (See above)
            where did rioters take control of parts of a city? (see above.)
            Where were the 2 black men killed by police? (see above)

Who is doing the rioting, murders of policemen, the looting, the burning, and taking control of government buildings? (the left/dems)
            Who has promised to dismantle the very organizations tasked with keeping things controlled and maintaining order? (The left/dems)
            Who has decided that people like Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington, TR, statues, and Mount Rushmore need to be erased? (The left/dems) Although it reminds me of the taliban in Afghanistan too.

Ok, so how does trump respect the rule of law and also assume control of the cities where the problems are taking place?

EDITED: Address post not the poster. Thank you ACG Staff
            Last edited by Cambronnne; 03 Jul 20, 11:14.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
              The only problem is that the Democrats are not in power, .
              The Democrats ARE IN CONTROL of the governments in the cities that are out of control.

It sure isn't Trump supporters burning, looting and rioting in said cities.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
              Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

So the answer to three quarters of US citizens who feel their country (not their county, not their city) is out of control is... "it's the local administrators' fault"?
                So what do you use the federal government for, again?
                Michele

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

The Democrats ARE IN CONTROL of the governments in the cities that are out of control.

It sure isn't Trump supporters burning, looting and rioting in said cities.
                  So then you know where the ENEMY is, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                    So the answer to three quarters of US citizens who feel their country (not their county, not their city) is out of control is... "it's the local administrators' fault"?
                    So what do you use the federal government for, again?

You are assuming the people polled blamed trump?
                    Interessting. Because that isn’t mentioned anywhere in the apparently unread article.

You are assuming that “out of control” means they think “trump is out of control”, except that is not mentioned in that or any other article I saw.

“Out of control” isn’t defined.
                    So you are assuming that people blame trump.
                    While 75% think the country is out of control, that same poll found 40% intended to vote for trump. (45% for Biden)
                    If they were blaming trump for things being “out of control”, that is a bit inconsistent.
                    Obviously “out of control” isn’t being blamed on trump by everyone in That 75%.

I was able to point out a large number of examples of “out of control” that are due to the left.
                    And people are more concerned with what is happening too them than on the national scene.

Feel free to try and rebut anything I said.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
                      It's why I say that Conservatives have to know he stands no chance come November.
                      You can see that in how Republicans are behaving in Congress right now.

Most now want to see the military bases renamed and I have a feeling this is going to happen despite Trumps objections.
                      You can see it in the reversal of the Republicans Mask policy.

I think Biden will win, but he'll probably be a 1 term president (and I hope it's by choice).
                      Let someone younger take the reigns next.

Nikki Haley has the best shot right now for 2024 (hell, I'd vote for her unless Dems can find a better candidate than Biden for 2024).
                      That would be this Nikki Haley, mentioned in this article excerpt;
                      The past decade’s disputes at Boeing Co., once a union stronghold, show how effective these tactics can be. In 2010, after a series of successful strikes in the company’s home base of Washington state, an executive cited the work stoppages as cause for the company to build its new line of airplanes in South Carolina. By 2014, Boeing’s threat to shift more production out of Washington led the International Association of Machinists to cut a deal that froze its pension plan instead. And the union has struggled to make inroads at the South Carolina plant, facing ferocious opposition from ­management as well as from then-Governor Nikki Haley, who later joined Boeing’s board.
                      https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...erican-worker/

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                      “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                      Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Here's the actual poll, 143 pages of. Some interesting questions, though as usual, a few are tilted/"rigged" ...
                        https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/5vm5q0zz..._crosstabs.pdf

The first page of the poll gives some clues on demographics, but question remains, IMO, if those responding were truly a cross section of the USA. This from the following link;
                        The Yahoo News survey was conducted by YouGov using a nationally representative sample of 1,525 U.S. adult residents interviewed online between June 29 and July 1, 2020. This sample was weighted according to gender, age, race, and education, as well as 2016 Presidential vote, registration status, geographic region, and news interest. Respondents were selected from YouGov’s opt-in panel to be representative of all U.S residents. The margin of error is approximately 3.2 percent.

https://news.yahoo.com/yahoo-news-yo...202931706.html
                        New Yahoo News/YouGov July 4 poll: A staggering 62 percent of Americans no longer see America as Ronald Reagan's 'shining city on a hill'

BTW, could also play the "questionable source" game and go; "Yeah, but it's Yahoo, Left leaning yahoo".
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                        “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                        Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

That would be this Nikki Haley, mentioned in this article excerpt;
                          The past decade’s disputes at Boeing Co., once a union stronghold, show how effective these tactics can be. In 2010, after a series of successful strikes in the company’s home base of Washington state, an executive cited the work stoppages as cause for the company to build its new line of airplanes in South Carolina. By 2014, Boeing’s threat to shift more production out of Washington led the International Association of Machinists to cut a deal that froze its pension plan instead. And the union has struggled to make inroads at the South Carolina plant, facing ferocious opposition from ­management as well as from then-Governor Nikki Haley, who later joined Boeing’s board.
                          https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...erican-worker/
                          So, is this a fight for or against her?
                          I figure a group that elected a sexual predator can and will elect anyone.
                          It's all about spin.
                          Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Out of control because of unruly, uncivilized leftist
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                              Out of control because of unruly, uncivilized leftist
                              who are reacting to unruly, uncivilized cops.
                              Mayyyyyybe, if we can get the cops in line and practice a little equal justice, they wouldn't be a little out of control.
                              Funny how Conservatives like to change the focus.
                              Easier to keep the racist message alive.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X