X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hydroxychloroquine Flop...

...begun by Trump and his ignorant announcements on the subject:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    The Food and Drug Administration’s abrupt decision this week to revoke an emergency waiver for two malaria drugs promoted by President Trump as potential “game changers” against the coronavirus has left 66 million doses stranded in the federal stockpile — and officials do not yet know what they will do with them.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    ...begun by Trump and his ignorant announcements on the subject:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    The Food and Drug Administration’s abrupt decision this week to revoke an emergency waiver for two malaria drugs promoted by President Trump as potential “game changers” against the coronavirus has left 66 million doses stranded in the federal stockpile — and officials do not yet know what they will do with them.
    Send them to places where malaria is a problem?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

I know this is the worst thing ever, but I thought drugs were prescribed by Drs, not presidents.
      Am I missing something?
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Where have I heard that HCQ is effective against Covid-19?

Doctors, nurses, those who have recovered by using HCQ and from countries that are using it and don't have TDS (India, Turkey, South Korea, etc).

Where have I heard that HCQ is in-effective against Covid-19?

Politicians, academics, deep-staters, MSM and "researchers" who have a stake in promoting another drug.
        Last edited by BorderRuffian; 08 Jul 20, 07:40.
        {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
          Where have I heard that HCQ is in-effective against Covid-19?

Politicians, academics, deep-staters, MSM and "researchers" who have a stake in promoting another drug.
          Riiight... that must be why researchers in the UK have confirmed that a drug which is out of patent, and which costs about $6 a day for a 10 a treatment, actually does help people with critical symptoms of Covid19.

I know who politicians are and I know who academics are (in this case doctors and pharmacologists who actually know about these things). I know who the researchers are; they are the people promoting a cheap generic drug.

I presume when you talk about "Deep Staters" you are talking about civil servants who are experts in these matters.

I presume MSM means Main Stream Media or, to those who are not paranoid or/and extremist in their views, just "The Media", since equating a professional news organisation which is subject to liable and defamation laws and has an editor and owners who can be held to account with some nutter shouting into the void that is Twitter in particular and social media in general is patently ridiculous.

I'll take the scientists and doctors and evidence based research over the ramblings of a mentally defective narcissist any time, even if he is President of the USA.
          "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
          validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
          "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
            I know this is the worst thing ever, but I thought drugs were prescribed by Drs, not presidents.
            Am I missing something?
            Given the pill was at this forum promoted as being the "Trump pill" some apparently believe that Trump knows better than those doctors.

​​​​​
            ​​​​​​

​​​​​
            "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post

Given the pill was at this forum promoted as being the "Trump pill" some apparently believe that Trump knows better than those doctors.

​​​​​
              ​​​​​​

​​​​​

I can accept that Trump thought he knew better than many Drs, (Just as Obama thought he could do everyone else's job better )
              but no Dr prescribed the drug because of anything trump said.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

I can accept that Trump thought he knew better than many Drs, (Just as Obama thought he could do everyone else's job better )
                but no Dr prescribed the drug because of anything trump said.
                Brazil is not totally backwards country, racist CNN seems to think so.
                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

Brazil is not totally backwards country, racist CNN seems to think so.
                  They will be whatever the narrative requires them to be.

Comment

Please explain how CNN is 'racist'...
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Another TDS thread proven wrong!

The drug must be taken during the onset of infection.

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro is asking the FDA to reinstate its emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine. He’s hoping to add weight to the request by citing several Detroit doctors who are looking to gain the authorization to conduct more testing on the drug.

While speaking to reporters Tuesday, he touted recent studies showing hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness in lowering the mortality rate of virus patients. Navarro said that study is different because it focused on treating the virus during its earlier stages.

“The previous studies that have shown no efficacy for this drug have been skewed toward late treatment, the 8 to 14 days when you’re already on your way to dying, and this drug won’t work,” he explained. “But if you get it within the first seven days when you simply have a fever, dry cough and a profound sense of fatigue…your lungs have not yet turned to glass…the virus has not yet penetrated all your other organs…and it works.”
                      https://www.oann.com/navarro-calls-o...xychloroquine/
                      “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

As the advertisement says ask your doctor, it may still kill you but you have to play the odds :-)
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Kaiser Health News
                          Monday, Jul 6 2020
                          Study Finds Positive Results For Hydroxychloroquine
                          https://khn.org/morning-breakout/stu...xychloroquine/

CNN
                          July 3, 2020
                          Study finds hydroxychloroquine may have boosted survival, but other researchers have doubts
                          https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/healt...udy/index.html

FOX
                          July 3, 2020
                          Hydroxychloroquine helps coronavirus patients recover, new study shows
                          https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ew-study-shows

Detroit Free Press
                          July 3, 2020
                          Hydroxychloroquine saved coronavirus patients' lives, Michigan study shows
                          https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...nt/5368661002/

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
                            Kaiser Health News
                            Monday, Jul 6 2020
                            Study Finds Positive Results For Hydroxychloroquine
                            https://khn.org/morning-breakout/stu...xychloroquine/

CNN
                            July 3, 2020
                            Study finds hydroxychloroquine may have boosted survival, but other researchers have doubts
                            https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/healt...udy/index.html

FOX
                            July 3, 2020
                            Hydroxychloroquine helps coronavirus patients recover, new study shows
                            https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ew-study-shows

Detroit Free Press
                            July 3, 2020
                            Hydroxychloroquine saved coronavirus patients' lives, Michigan study shows
                            https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...nt/5368661002/

Wait, even CNN says the drug Trump was using to kill people is actually effective?
                            Does that mean all the screeching of trump saying something about a drug that only Drs prescribed was all BS and lies?
                            I’m stunned to find that the MSM will lie to us

I can’t wait to find out what crimes they tell us trump committed next.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              As the advertisement says ask your doctor, it may still kill you but you have to play the odds :-)
                              For sure, but words have power, especially when they come from leaders. Hitler or Stalin I could have beaten up in their prime, of that I have no doubt, But if that’s all it was people like Hulk Hogan would rule the world. And they don’t. People that use words to seduce, manipulate, encourage, intimidate, destroy, etc are the ones that run the world. And their words can make or break things.

Think of something as simple as the pope’s message. If he told the faithful to drink beach to cure whatever some would do it. Not all, of course, but enough to show that words from people in power carry a lot of weight sometimes
                              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X