Clear All

• Half Pint John
    replied
    TDS, Trump sex act.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    More party before country nonsense...defend Trump no matter what.

Honorable general officers are adding their voices, and doing their sworn duty, to defend the Constitution. Trump is a danger to the country and the Constitution and defending him is monstrous. He is a 'clear and present danger' to the nation.

And in simple terms, the flag officers are absolutely correct.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    When former Gen. Colin Powell rebuked President Donald Trump on Sunday, saying he had "drifted away from the Constitution," he became the fourth former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to speak out against Trump's desire to use active-duty soldiers to confront protestors.

According to several military experts contacted by NBC News, it is unprecedented for so many former top military officials to criticize a sitting commander-in-chief harshly and publicly.

"It's unusual for any flag officers, or indeed any former officers, to speak out against the commander-in-chief," said David Segal, the founding director of the Center for Research on Military Organization at the University of Maryland, explaining that officers generally try to remain apolitical. "In the 50 years I've been studying the military, I can't think of a precedent."

"And the fact that there hasn't been any pushback, I think is even more telling," he said. "I don't see any controversy from the ranks or from society."

Former White House and State Department official Heather Hurlburt agreed.

She said that in the past when there have been heated public debates about how the U.S. military should be used, they have not provoked the same response from flag officers. She cited the large protests against the Vietnam War, the transition from the draft to an all-volunteer force, the Reagan administration's actions in Central America, the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, and the decision to allow women to serve in combat.

Hurlburt, now at the New America Foundation, said that when such controversies occur, former chairs definitely make their views known in private. However, she said, "It's rare for any to speak publicly and in none of the instances above did four speak out."
    No. I didn’t defend anything trump said or did, a simple reading of my posts would demonstrate that.
    I merely asked you to back up your accusations because, as I suspected, there was nothing behind them. Nothing other than personal feelings that is.

If “defending trump is monstrous” one would think you would be able to identify the monstrous thing he did, but you can’t. And this failure to back up accusations goes back to the Russia hoax.
    I repeatedly asked what was the evidence and was dismissed as merely engaging in mindless support for that monster.
    Now that the Russia hoax fell apart and some of the main supporters of that hoax (Clapper,powers, rice) have testified under oath that their claims of having seen the evidence were all BS it has become obvious there never was any evidence. Just lies. And that my questions about evidence were correct.
    But that embarrassment doesn’t seem to affect the new, empty accusations.

Perhaps accusations of things like violating the constitution without any evidence (feelings don’t count) is monstrous.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    More party before country nonsense...defend Trump no matter what.

Honorable general officers are adding their voices, and doing their sworn duty, to defend the Constitution. Trump is a danger to the country and the Constitution and defending him is monstrous. He is a 'clear and present danger' to the nation.

And in simple terms, the flag officers are absolutely correct.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    When former Gen. Colin Powell rebuked President Donald Trump on Sunday, saying he had "drifted away from the Constitution," he became the fourth former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to speak out against Trump's desire to use active-duty soldiers to confront protestors.

According to several military experts contacted by NBC News, it is unprecedented for so many former top military officials to criticize a sitting commander-in-chief harshly and publicly.

"It's unusual for any flag officers, or indeed any former officers, to speak out against the commander-in-chief," said David Segal, the founding director of the Center for Research on Military Organization at the University of Maryland, explaining that officers generally try to remain apolitical. "In the 50 years I've been studying the military, I can't think of a precedent."

"And the fact that there hasn't been any pushback, I think is even more telling," he said. "I don't see any controversy from the ranks or from society."

Former White House and State Department official Heather Hurlburt agreed.

She said that in the past when there have been heated public debates about how the U.S. military should be used, they have not provoked the same response from flag officers. She cited the large protests against the Vietnam War, the transition from the draft to an all-volunteer force, the Reagan administration's actions in Central America, the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, and the decision to allow women to serve in combat.

Hurlburt, now at the New America Foundation, said that when such controversies occur, former chairs definitely make their views known in private. However, she said, "It's rare for any to speak publicly and in none of the instances above did four speak out."

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    It means that the president is not following the Constitution. And to accuse General Powell of lying without any appreciable evidence is defamation.
    The left claimed he was lying back in 2004....so, what's the difference now? All of a sudden the left thinks that Powell's integrity shouldn't be questioned.....like Mattis?

They are political hacks.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Where are all the generals concerned with Obama's abuse of power. Oh that's right they don't understand the constitution they swore to uphold.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    For starters, Trump has claimed that Article II allows him to do anything he wants. And if you to get specific, perhaps you could ask General Powell.

He's also tried to order the governors what he wants them to do, which he does not have the authority for. Trump acts like an autocrat and is a dictator wannabe.

Did you listen to General Powell's interview this morning?

"Claimed"?
    Well Powell doesn't say and since you said Powell was saying trump "isn't following the constitution" I figured one of you 2 would have some specifics.
    I guess not.

"Tried to order"? I'm not sure what that means but it sure doesn't sound like anything that is a violation of anything let alone the constitution.

"Acts like"? So your opinion of what a person is "acting like" establishes guilt? Sure doesn't sound like a violation of any law or constitution.

What if I have the opinion that joe biden "acts like" a rapist? I can even provide specifics of the substance of the allegation and identify the law it violates. is that proof of anything or just the way I feel?

Its also odd you would have more concern about trump "acting like" a dictator than any actual dictatorial orders from dem governors during the lockdown. (See Gov Whitmer)

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    For starters, Trump has claimed that Article II allows him to do anything he wants. And if you to get specific, perhaps you could ask General Powell.

He's also tried to order the governors what he wants them to do, which he does not have the authority for. Trump acts like an autocrat and is a dictator wannabe.

Did you listen to General Powell's interview this morning?

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    It means that the president is not following the Constitution. And to accuse General Powell of lying without any appreciable evidence is defamation.
    Cool.
    If he is not following it, then he is violating it. If you can't identify where he is it not following the constitution, then the claim is BS.

Tell me what part he violated.

Not doing what you want isn't a violation.
    Hurting feelings isn't a violation either.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied

"We have a Constitution. And we have to follow that Constitution. And the President has drifted away from it," Powell, a retired general who served under President George W. Bush, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"Drifted" away from it?
    What the hell does that mean? (Hint: it means trump isn't doing what powell wants)

So, if Powell can't identify where trump has violated the constitution he is lying through his teeth isn't he?

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied

Comparing Trump to Lincoln
    I wasn't comparing those two.

Try again.......

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    Thank God these 'generals' weren't around for Lincoln.
    Comparing Trump to Lincoln is a great compliment to the former and a major insult to the latter. Trump is no Lincoln. Lincoln was a winner; Trump is a loser.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    Four years ago, Colon Powell became a Democrat .

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Thank God these 'generals' weren't around for Lincoln.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    started a topic Colin Powell Adds his Voice to the Mix

Colin Powell Adds his Voice to the Mix

Trump is alienating retired senior people because of his flagrant disregard of the US Constitution.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/polit...ntv/index.html

Former Republican Secretary of State Colin Powell said Sunday that President Donald Trump has "drifted away" from the Constitution, adding to a growing list of former top military officials who have strongly criticized the President's response to the nationwide protests surrounding the police killing of George Floyd.

"We have a Constitution. And we have to follow that Constitution. And the President has drifted away from it," Powell, a retired general who served under President George W. Bush, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

The comments from Powell, the first African American secretary of state and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, add to a growing list of rebukes made in recent days by former top officials who have expressed discontent with Trump's strongman approach to the protests sparked by the death of Floyd, a black man who was killed in late May by a white police officer in Minneapolis.

Powell said he's "proud" of what a number of former generals, admirals and diplomats have said about Trump's response last week to the widespread protests, adding that he hadn't released a public statement denouncing Trump's response because he felt he had demonstrated his displeasure with Trump in 2016 when he voted against him.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X