How does the press fan the flames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the press fan the flames?

This is how the press and the internet can inflame the public and create rage in the citizenry,

Cops are still facing fury over the shooting of a 13-year-old boy despite proof that the “child” was not only a 34-year-old man but was also armed and dangerous.
    “A 13 year old ‘had a gun’ and the NYPD shot him 19 times but when a white man walks around in public with a huge a– gun they don’t do jack s—,” journalist David Leavitt wrote on Twitter.

It’s unclear how many people his false claim has reached, but a video accompanying his post has over 13 million views. Similar misleading posts remain up across social media.
    The rumor spread as a multitude of accounts repeated the fake news.

Less than two hours after the shooting, police were already working to correct the fake news.

“This is inaccurate information,” New York City Police Department Chief Terence Monahan wrote in response to rumors on Twitter. “The armed man who was shot by police was 34-years-old and had just shot another man.”
    When police found the suspect hiding, officers spotted a gun in his hand. After repeated commands to drop the firearm, the cops eventually opened fire, killing the suspect.

Monahan said body camera footage and videos recorded by bystanders back up his account of the shooting.
    https://www.westernjournal.com/truth...9XBuPSXwUzHyxM
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

The ideologically possessed have no need for reality.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Correct-just ask the idiots on Fox News, Breitbart, etc.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        Correct-just ask the idiots on Fox News, Breitbart, etc.
        And CNN
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

You know what.....I need to check on unemployment benefits. Maybe they've gone up enough that all of us in LE can just quit and take a month off. Fortress up in our homes and neighborhoods.....and let the rest of you just live and die by the world you demand to live in. Mostly die....but hey, that's not my problem unless you try to invade my castle.

I have reached a point where I am utterly fed up with this forum, and no longer give a single damn about humans as a species.....now when is that asteroid supposed to hit?
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            You know what.....I need to check on unemployment benefits. Maybe they've gone up enough that all of us in LE can just quit and take a month off. Fortress up in our homes and neighborhoods.....and let the rest of you just live and die by the world you demand to live in. Mostly die....but hey, that's not my problem unless you try to invade my castle.

I have reached a point where I am utterly fed up with this forum, and no longer give a single damn about humans as a species.....now when is that asteroid supposed to hit?
            History probably says it's time for a reset, I really wish it wasn't so.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Take today off with pay.
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I stand with you TacCovert, it has reached the realm of insanity when a governor or a mayor can have a kayaker arrested for violating social distancing laws, and a father and mother playing T-Ball with a their child can be arrested for violating a social distancing law (which was never written into code) but those same politicians who declared these laws and ordered police to carry them out threaten to "defund" police for, of all things, attempting to save building, monuments and private property from rioters it's time to kick somebody out of office.

Comment

A British police women had a broken shoulder, ribs and a punctured lung in what the BBC called peaceful demonstrations in London yesterday. Clearly it is not just the US that has biased media. The 'peaceful; demonstrators' went in to vandalize various war memorials including the cenotaph.
                  "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

A British police women had a broken shoulder, ribs and a punctured lung in what the BBC called peaceful demonstrations in London yesterday. Clearly it is not just the US that has biased media. The 'peaceful; demonstrators' went in to vandalize various war memorials including the cenotaph.
                    Thanks for sharing that, we seldom get the full story here, our free press is not fair

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW5-...1Q&app=desktop
                      Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 07 Jun 20, 11:13.
                      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                      All human ills he can subdue,
                      Or with a bauble or medal
                      Can win mans heart for you;
                      And many a blessing know to stew
                      To make a megloamaniac bright;
                      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Under Trumps watch we have looting, protesting, Trump saw Jerusalem as Israels capital a big mistake, covid 19, BLM has risen and done nothing for inner cities, democrats and republicans alawys blaming "the left" or "right"

In the 1990s it was normalcy under B Clinton.. pre 9/11 NYC was beautiful no overt airport security. Trump said he would bring back middle class jobs, he has not. Trump said he was the law and order POTUS, yet looting continues. Trumps so called great economy before covid saw a rise in low pay non union jobs like amazon and walmart.

Trump has a few months to restore law and order like he said he would, and its not local democrats fault, the buck stops with the POTUS...he has after all a huge network in Fox backing him. Trump fans need to get out to the streets and counter protest and call for unity

We need another strong democrat. Democrats led the way in WW1, WW2, Democrats made the US economy # 1 and worked together with GOP while doing so.
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

What the hell are they protesting? If the British police did any less they'd be mall security guards. I mean they only actively ignore rape gangs molesting children.....

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                            Under Trumps watch we have looting, protesting, Trump saw Jerusalem as Israels capital a big mistake, covid 19, BLM has risen and done nothing for inner cities, democrats and republicans alawys blaming "the left" or "right"

In the 1990s it was normalcy under B Clinton.. pre 9/11 NYC was beautiful no overt airport security. Trump said he would bring back middle class jobs, he has not. Trump said he was the law and order POTUS, yet looting continues. Trumps so called great economy before covid saw a rise in low pay non union jobs like amazon and walmart.

Trump has a few months to restore law and order like he said he would, and its not local democrats fault, the buck stops with the POTUS...he has after all a huge network in Fox backing him. Trump fans need to get out to the streets and counter protest and call for unity

We need another strong democrat. Democrats led the way in WW1, WW2, Democrats made the US economy # 1 and worked together with GOP while doing so.
                            Only one problem. All of those good Democrats you talk about.....

They're dead.

Show me a single living good democrat. Its about like finding 5 good men in sodom and gomorrah.

Comment

Partisan politics above all and the Trump tactic of demonizing those with whom you disagree. Well done.
                              We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X