Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SJW math: 16 for one

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Posts deleted for the usual reasons
    Next up time outs
    acg staff

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
      I disagree that the Chinese situation is any different, other than magnitude. I think that they foresaw the long-term consequences and that only full participation in the economy could bring resultant prosperity.

      Whether you like it or not, you are voluntarily practicing Jim Crow laws on your own volition and that could also be one explanation as to why millions of others may be choosing not to do the same.
      Integration without equality is worse than segregation. It just exposes you to more hatred, while at the same time helping the system and people who perpetuate the hate. What sense does that make?

      I think people don't do it because most don't realize the impact it would have, or that it's possible.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

      The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

      Comment


      • #78
        The Chinese coolies and the gays may not have started out as slaves, but their predicaments were not that far above the bottom rung of the social ladder. Both communities exercised their voices economically. Now, both groups exert significant financial and political clout against any and all who do wrong (perceived or otherwise) towards them.

        I have no recollection of any organized protest within the Chinese community (probably because the futility was foreseen.) Instead, societal status and acceptance was demanded and taken by the wealth amassed in our bank accounts.
        ScenShare Guidelines:

        1) Enjoy creating it
        2) Enjoy playing it
        3) Enjoy sharing it
        4) Enjoy helping others create them

        The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

        FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

        Comment


        • #79
          And one way to aid that is by ensuring you're putting money in the right bank accounts.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

          The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

          Comment


          • #80
            That wealth did not magically appear. That wealth was previously amassed by others. The minorities took all the money they could from all who were willing to pay them, regardless of the colour of their skin, sexual orientation, or religion. None were foolish enough to think that the passing money back and forth within their own limited communities constituted any measure of wealth. Money has no smell and is blind to race.
            ScenShare Guidelines:

            1) Enjoy creating it
            2) Enjoy playing it
            3) Enjoy sharing it
            4) Enjoy helping others create them

            The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

            FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
              The Chinese coolies and the gays may not have started out as slaves, but their predicaments were not that far above the bottom rung of the social ladder. Both communities exercised their voices economically.
              Your opinion, how was this different from the Poles, Irish, Italians..........?
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                Your opinion, how was this different from the Poles, Irish, Italians..........?
                Very true. All recent immigrant groups (of their era) had to struggle and climb through their own tribulations. I am only fully cognizant of my own heritage, as my mother and father were first-generation immigrants to Canada.

                My father reminded us of saloon signs stating, "No dogs or Chinese allowed." He arrived in the 1950s.

                I do think that the various Chinatown districts in N.Am. are unique, though. There are still some areas known as Little Italy and such, but I think that some Chinatown areas started out as slums or near-ghettos. While I do not remember visiting many specifically Polish or Irish municipal districts named as such, I am sure that there were areas where those immigrant nationalities congregated.
                ScenShare Guidelines:

                1) Enjoy creating it
                2) Enjoy playing it
                3) Enjoy sharing it
                4) Enjoy helping others create them

                The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

                FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by pamak View Post
                  Your math is wrong:

                  It is not 16 to 1
                  Your argument is wrong.

                  Floyd was murdered. = 1

                  The effects of that has resulted in 16 people dying at the time of the OP.

                  Simple math.

                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                    Your argument is wrong.

                    Floyd was murdered. = 1

                    The effects of that has resulted in 16 people dying at the time of the OP.

                    Simple math.
                    The fact that Floyd's death gave the spark for the demonstrations does not mean that a single death was the cause for the protests. People in a history forum should be able to understand it. History is not based on such simple math....
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      And the single death, assassination of an arch-duke, didn't start World War One either. And of course any German politician could have done like Adolph Hitler in galvanizing support and rising to power.

                      Or to take a page from our Trump Deranges Me Syndrome LWL one man in the White House caused the riots.

                      For want of a nail ,the shoe was lost, for want of a shoe ....

                      Many historians would assert that History quite often is the result of simple math.

                      I'm curious what would have sparked the "protests" became riots if Floyd hadn't died, or had his death events show via video on the internet.

                      Something about extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary evidence would suggest here is where one should enlighten us as to how the recent insurrections happened without the Floyd death incident being a spark/catalyst to the deranged misfits of our nation.
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Now up to 17;
                        https://disrn.com/news/the-16-people...e-floyds-death
                        Last Updated Jun 6th, 2020 at 6:55 am
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          The collateral damage is almost always ignored or glossed over by the prevailing yellow journalism of the mass media. Which os why they have zero actual credibility.

                          When I watch a video clip, I see what happens. I refuse to accept the media;s account of how or why it happened since they make it up to suit the moment. And I never accept their assessment of who is to blame.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                            And the single death, assassination of an arch-duke, didn't start World War One either. And of course any German politician could have done like Adolph Hitler in galvanizing support and rising to power.

                            Or to take a page from our Trump Deranges Me Syndrome LWL one man in the White House caused the riots.

                            For want of a nail ,the shoe was lost, for want of a shoe ....

                            Many historians would assert that History quite often is the result of simple math.

                            I'm curious what would have sparked the "protests" became riots if Floyd hadn't died, or had his death events show via video on the internet.

                            Something about extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary evidence would suggest here is where one should enlighten us as to how the recent insurrections happened without the Floyd death incident being a spark/catalyst to the deranged misfits of our nation.
                            Three years ago, Mohammed Moor, a Somali and a police officer killed a white woman in Minneapolis. He got 12 years, the Somali were angry,of course, but there were no demonstrations by white supremacists,neither by Romney,and no one was looting and attacking the police .And the mayor of Minneapolis did not propose to disband the police of his city .And the pope remained silent, as was Trudeau,as was CNN,as were Antifa, Ellison ,Biden, Obama, ....
                            They remained also silent when at Memorial Day, 10 young blacks were killed in Minneapolis and 16 wounded .
                            They did also not protest,although they knew of it against the tactic of the knee on the neck that was used already long before the death of Floyd .
                            Long before : in 5 years,this tactic was used in Minneapolis at least 237 times resulting 44 times in unconscious people ,and the mayor knew it, the police chief knew it, Ellison knew it .
                            It was also used in Democratic cities as Chicago and Seattle and in Edmonton ( for Europeans : Edmonton is today still in Canada ) ,but Trudeau remained silent .

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                              Three years ago, Mohammed Moor, a Somali and a police officer killed a white woman in Minneapolis. He got 12 years, the Somali were angry,of course, but there were no demonstrations by white supremacists,neither by Romney,and no one was looting and attacking the police .And the mayor of Minneapolis did not propose to disband the police of his city .And the pope remained silent, as was Trudeau,as was CNN,as were Antifa, Ellison ,Biden, Obama, ....
                              They remained also silent when at Memorial Day, 10 young blacks were killed in Minneapolis and 16 wounded .
                              They did also not protest,although they knew of it against the tactic of the knee on the neck that was used already long before the death of Floyd .
                              Long before : in 5 years,this tactic was used in Minneapolis at least 237 times resulting 44 times in unconscious people ,and the mayor knew it, the police chief knew it, Ellison knew it .
                              It was also used in Democratic cities as Chicago and Seattle and in Edmonton ( for Europeans : Edmonton is today still in Canada ) ,but Trudeau remained silent .
                              When the police starts killing white supremacists and racists then we can talk...
                              When white supremacists feel that they are unfairly targeted by the stare, they blow off whole buildings and kill hundreds of people

                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timoth...a_City_bombing






                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                St. Louis Police Arrest Man For Allegedly Murdering Retired Black Police Captain David Dorn
                                ...
                                The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department announced on Sunday that they had made an arrest in connection with the murder of retired Captain David Dorn, who was allegedly murdered by looters last week.

                                “Relative to the investigation into the murder of Ret. Capt. David Dorn, officers arrested Stephan Cannon (left) and the Circuit Attorney’s Office issued one count of Murder 1st, one count of Burglary 1st, one count of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm & two counts of Armed Criminal Action,” the department said in a statement. “Bond not allowed.”
                                ...

                                https://www.dailywire.com/news/st-lo...urce=housefile
                                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X