No announcement yet.

SJW math: 16 for one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is very simple people are rioting and blaming the police for the epidemic of violence in our cities because of misery. The question is what is the source of the misery.

Anyone familiar with the statistics is aware that police violence is insignificant compared to black on black violence. They also know that Floyd didn't die from strangulation but from a heart condition aggravated by fentanyl, amphetamines and Covid 19. In a way Floyd died of misery. His personal misery that lead to him trying to pass counterfeit money. Whether he knew it was counterfeit or even if it was or not us irrelevant. It is simply part of the cataclysm of misery in our cities. That misery spills over an infects the vulnerable in the police force who have personalities that should have prevented them from becoming police officers.

Back before the state tried to solve the problem of poverty there was no epidemic of misery. Or at least it hasn't improved much. What we see in our cities is 60 years of failed social engineering.

Bread and circus is nothing new nor are the riots and protests that accompany it.

We have not evolved to be happy. We have evolved for fitness. Fitness that in our evolutionary history favored a fast life history. Civilization requires a slow lifestyle that is at odds with our emotions. If civilization is to work happiness must be an art form not something imposed by well meaning bureaucrats.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      It is very simple people are rioting and blaming the police for the epidemic of violence in our cities because of misery. The question is what is the source of the misery.

Anyone familiar with the statistics is aware that police violence is insignificant compared to black on black violence. They also know that Floyd didn't die from strangulation but from a heart condition aggravated by fentanyl, amphetamines and Covid 19. In a way Floyd died of misery. His personal misery that lead to him trying to pass counterfeit money. Whether he knew it was counterfeit or even if it was or not us irrelevant. It is simply part of the cataclysm of misery in our cities. That misery spills over an infects the vulnerable in the police force who have personalities that should have prevented them from becoming police officers.

Back before the state tried to solve the problem of poverty there was no epidemic of misery. Or at least it hasn't improved much. What we see in our cities is 60 years of failed social engineering.

Bread and circus is nothing new nor are the riots and protests that accompany it.

We have not evolved to be happy. We have evolved for fitness. Fitness that in our evolutionary history favored a fast life history. Civilization requires a slow lifestyle that is at odds with our emotions. If civilization is to work happiness must be an art form not something imposed by well meaning bureaucrats.
      State brutality is always a cause of misery for the average lawful citizen. The black on black crime is concentrated within rival gangs. They also know from statistics that people of Floyd's age do not coincidentally die a few minutes after they meet an officer. The fact that the office acted like a thug is the probable main factor for Floyd's death, and the coroner who did not have any business relationship with the local police said the same thing . In a way, you make a miserable argument...
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

I did not say that police killings justify the killings during looting. I said that your math is wrong, and the point stands.

And as I posted in another thread, police killings do not correlate well with violent crime rates.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...31#post5198531
        The United States is one of if not the most liberal country in the world.

US police forces score in the top 15 consistently when it comes to the most reasonable and lawful police forces in the world.

Immigrants from Africa and the Middle East desire to come to the USA more than Greece, more than Canada, Japan all of Europe... more than any country in the world. That alone dispel the offense anti-American notion that the United States is a country with a racist police force.

The United States is the number one immigration destination in the world.

In 2019 in the US we saw 10 million arrested by police officers. 1000 of them resulted in killings. Of that 18 we’re Unarmed white men and nine were unarmed blacks.

The issue is we don’t have the liberal and Democratic leader ship we used to have in the World War II era and the 1960s that brought millions of jobs to the USA and made the USA the greatest and strongest country in world history. We will come back these protesters and looters don’t know what they are doing and they don’t have any kind of a good message... they should be out there protesting for better jobs.... Not insulting the military or the police

On this day June 6, 2020 we remember the heroic Soviets, Englishman and American who joined together to defeat the axis powers. Every protester should hold a sign saying they support the US military and the police

According to the former mayor of New Orleans who is black and the mayor of Buffalo who is black we have to watch out for foreign outside agents trying to infiltrate this great country and divide us.

The protesters apparently do not care about the COVID-19 break out as well

Black kill whites at a rate of 10 to 1 compared to whites killing blacks... But black on black crime is through the roof. It’s counter intelligent and blatantly offensive to claim American whites are somehow racist... Or that the USA has a systemic racist problem. We don’t have threads here criticizing Canada, Greece or European countries when we easily could by blowing up statistics and making things up

There a reason why the protesters and looters are in the thousands per major city at best. The vast vast majority of Americans are at home or working or want to get back to work.... they don’t want to get out there and protest and say ridiculous things like hands up don’t shoot. plenty of black athletes and black leaders say all lives matter

Hope you are having a safe and fun summer
        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

State brutality is always a cause of misery for the average lawful citizen. The black on black crime is concentrated within rival gangs. They also know from statistics that people of Floyd's age do not coincidentally die a few minutes after they meet an officer. The fact that the office acted like a thug is the probable main factor for Floyd's death, and the coroner who did not have any business relationship with the local police said the same thing . In a way, you make a miserable argument...
          I was not making an argument, debate is a game for the sophomoric.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

The United States is one of if not the most liberal country in the world.

US police forces score in the top 15 consistently when it comes to the most reasonable and lawful police forces in the world.

Immigrants from Africa and the Middle East desire to come to the USA more than Greece, more than Canada, Japan all of Europe... more than any country in the world. That alone dispel the offense anti-American notion that the United States is a country with a racist police force.

The United States is the number one immigration destination in the world.

In 2019 in the US we saw 10 million arrested by police officers. 1000 of them resulted in killings. Of that 18 we’re Unarmed white men and nine were unarmed blacks.

The issue is we don’t have the liberal and Democratic leader ship we used to have in the World War II era and the 1960s that brought millions of jobs to the USA and made the USA the greatest and strongest country in world history. We will come back these protesters and looters don’t know what they are doing and they don’t have any kind of a good message... they should be out there protesting for better jobs.... Not insulting the military or the police

On this day June 6, 2020 we remember the heroic Soviets, Englishman and American who joined together to defeat the axis powers. Every protester should hold a sign saying they support the US military and the police

According to the former mayor of New Orleans who is black and the mayor of Buffalo who is black we have to watch out for foreign outside agents trying to infiltrate this great country and divide us.

The protesters apparently do not care about the COVID-19 break out as well

Black kill whites at a rate of 10 to 1 compared to whites killing blacks... But black on black crime is through the roof. It’s counter intelligent and blatantly offensive to claim American whites are somehow racist... Or that the USA has a systemic racist problem. We don’t have threads here criticizing Canada, Greece or European countries when we easily could by blowing up statistics and making things up

There a reason why the protesters and looters are in the thousands per major city at best. The vast vast majority of Americans are at home or working or want to get back to work.... they don’t want to get out there and protest and say ridiculous things like hands up don’t shoot. plenty of black athletes and black leaders say all lives matter

Hope you are having a safe and fun summer
            I prefer fact like police deaths per ten million. The US police scores consistently as other third world countries...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ers_by_country

and no crime rates cannot explain such high police killing rates

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...31#post5198531

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Black kill whites at a rate of 10 to 1 compared to whites killing blacks...
              Not sure where you got this notion, but it's long been established that most killings are intraracial.

According to your DOJ, 84% of white victims are killed by whites, and 93% of African Americans are killed by, you guessed it, African Americans.

The last time that the FBI seems to have tracked the race of both killer and victim is in 2013. Then, of the offenses where data was provided, 409 of 3005 whites were killed by African Americans, or roughly 14%. In the same year, 189 of 2491 African Americans were killed by whites, or roughly 8%. Neither of these numbers is anywhere near to your 10x claim.

You likely did not just make this number up. But in this day and age of groups who will happily spread disinformation in order to push a cause, it is virtually the duty of any citizen, anywhere, to check claims they read somewhere, ESPECIALLY if the claims fit nicely into your existing opinions and world view.

It's not difficult or time consuming.

Oh, and as an aside, please feel free to criticize Canada for their racial problems. We have a lot of room for improvement especially with regard to the treatment of First Nations members.

Comment

You can think whatever you want but facts do not change. I also think the number of victims from police brutality are much higher than the official data and far surpasses the number of 16 deaths mentioned in the OP.
                What is the number of deaths from mob brutality and black violence? Start with police officers killed in the line of duty. When you have those numbers, perhaps we can talk.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

What is the number of deaths from mob brutality and black violence? Start with police officers killed in the line of duty. When you have those numbers, perhaps we can talk.
                  Mob brutality and black violence is prosecuted by the state, while police brutality is left unchecked in most cases even when the officer is caught on camera acting like a thug!

I can give you the occupational hazard for cops compared to other professions from an old post of mine.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...31#post4594031

In 2016 police officers were in the 14th place with fatal injuries being 14.6 per 100,000 workers behind

13. Construction laborers

12. First-line supervisors of mechanics, installers, and repairers

11. Grounds maintenance workers

10. Miscellaneous agricultural workers

9. First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers

8. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers

7. Driver/sales workers and truck drivers

6. Structural iron and steel workers

5. Refuse and recyclable material collectors [my comment: garbage collect]

4. Roofers

3. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers

2 Fishers and related fishing workers

1. Logging workers

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ca/1002500001/

The complains about the cops safety does not convince me

Comment

You can think whatever you want but facts do not change. I also think the number of victims from police brutality are much higher than the official data and far surpasses the number of 16 deaths mentioned in the OP.
                    "FACTS" to one Ideological side are not necessarily "facts" to the opposite side. That should be one of the essential and fundamental lessons learned via a study of history. And also hence the origin of the term "Fake News".

1) the OP is expressing the toll of deaths of "Innocents" that need not have happened if the "protests" had remained "LEGAL" and not devolved into seditious insurrections = "enemies of the People/State."

2)Numbers from so-called and subjectively applied "police brutality" are a small fraction of deaths via criminal activities and cae to be honest and present racial/ethnic demographics/profile data of whom does the most in these ??? !!!

3) Considering how many "street offenders" wind up in Jail/Prison and them commit assaults and crimes there; I'd counter-wager that the violent and criminal activity of "career criminal" types is much higher than actually reported.

MEANWHILE - so pleased to see that the phony Left-Wing Loonies whom claim to care so much about "innocent victims" of violence will continue to focus on the one career criminal accidentally killed versus the 16+ of innocent civilians (many also 'Black') killed as a result of the riots and mostly at the hands of the rioters.!

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

"FACTS" to one Ideological side are not necessarily "facts" to the opposite side. That should be one of the essential and fundamental lessons learned via a study of history. And also hence the origin of the term "Fake News".

1) the OP is expressing the toll of deaths of "Innocents" that need not have happened if the "protests" had remained "LEGAL" and not devolved into seditious insurrections = "enemies of the People/State."

2)Numbers from so-called and subjectively applied "police brutality" are a small fraction of deaths via criminal activities and cae to be honest and present racial/ethnic demographics/profile data of whom does the most in these ??? !!!

3) Considering how many "street offenders" wind up in Jail/Prison and them commit assaults and crimes there; I'd counter-wager that the violent and criminal activity of "career criminal" types is much higher than actually reported.

MEANWHILE - so pleased to see that the phony Left-Wing Loonies whom claim to care so much about "innocent victims" of violence will continue to focus on the one career criminal accidentally killed versus the 16+ of innocent civilians (many also 'Black') killed as a result of the riots and mostly at the hands of the rioters.!
                      Actually the OP put together all deaths including deaths of people killed by store-owners and the police. I even quoted the details from the link you posted.

It is illogical to try to compare deaths by police to criminal activities in order to justify getting tough measures against police brutality. The number of deaths from domestic terrorism is also a small fraction of deaths via criminal activity and we take domestic terrorism seriously.

And the fact that actual crime within police officers and regular criminals is higher than the actual reported crime cannot justify apathy when we see with out won eyes people committing crimes

Meanwhile-so confused to see phony ratios of victims which include people shot by the police and store owners according to the OP link!

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post

Not sure where you got this notion, but it's long been established that most killings are intraracial.

According to your DOJ, 84% of white victims are killed by whites, and 93% of African Americans are killed by, you guessed it, African Americans.

The last time that the FBI seems to have tracked the race of both killer and victim is in 2013. Then, of the offenses where data was provided, 409 of 3005 whites were killed by African Americans, or roughly 14%. In the same year, 189 of 2491 African Americans were killed by whites, or roughly 8%. Neither of these numbers is anywhere near to your 10x claim.

You likely did not just make this number up. But in this day and age of groups who will happily spread disinformation in order to push a cause, it is virtually the duty of any citizen, anywhere, to check claims they read somewhere, ESPECIALLY if the claims fit nicely into your existing opinions and world view.

It's not difficult or time consuming.

Oh, and as an aside, please feel free to criticize Canada for their racial problems. We have a lot of room for improvement especially with regard to the treatment of First Nations members.
                        Equality for all is the way forward. No need to selectively quote me and misrepresent my argument.

George S Patton

Comment

It’s common sense that Canada , The United States and most countries in Europe are the most civilized in the world. We have problems in this country yes. I can see in the USA it’s mostly related to the loss of middle-class jobs but we certainly have one of if not the best police force in the world. And it’s been proven throughout this entire board in post after post from link after link that most immigrants of the world desire The United States.

The problem is inner-city crime violence and the loss of jobs affected inner-city folks white and black. If we had more middle-class jobs those problems would be alleviated.
                          Attached Files

George S Patton

Comment

Equality for all is the way forward. No need to selectively quote me and misrepresent my argument.
                            I'm sorry, can you show me where I misrepresented your argument? You said that African Americans were killing whites at 10x the rate that whites were killing African Americans. That was incorrect.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, actually, by not assuming you just made that figure up. I'm just suggesting you check your sources.

Comment

It’s common sense that Canada , The United States and most countries in Europe are the most civilized in the world. We have problems in this country yes. I can see in the USA it’s mostly related to the loss of middle-class jobs but we certainly have one of if not the best police force in the world. And it’s been proven throughout this entire board in post after post from link after link that most immigrants of the world desire The United States.

The problem is inner-city crime violence and the loss of jobs affected inner-city folks white and black. If we had more middle-class jobs those problems would be alleviated.
                              Ah, I see now where you got that 10x nonsense. That's not what that first graph says, btw.

Comment

Wrong, George Floyd is not the first and won't be the last unless we respond aggressively. They don't want to listen to peaceful protests, so this is the only option they've left us.
                                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X