Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SJW math: 16 for one

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SJW math: 16 for one

    The 16 people who have died in the protests and riots following George Floyd's death

    by Bryan Brammer Jun 5th, 2020 5:41 pm
    ...
    The widespread riots that have ensued after the killing of George Floyd have not only caused irreparable damage to property, but they've taken the lives of at least 16 Americans.
    Some of the victims were either former or current law enforcement or innocent bystanders trying to get home or protect their business.

    Those who have died so far during the riots:



    https://disrn.com/news/the-16-people...e-floyds-death
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

  • #2
    Black business owner weeps after looters destroy sports bar he invested life savings into: "We worked so hard to get here"

    https://disrn.com/news/black-busines...-were-gonna-do
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

    Comment


    • #3
      Video: Looters in $350,000 Rolls-Royce rob other looters of the loot they just stole

      https://disrn.com/news/video-looters...-of-their-loot
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

      Comment


      • #4
        Your math is wrong:

        It is not 16 to 1

        It is 16 to hundreds who have died, continue to die and will continue to die if we let state officials act like thugs

        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ers_by_country

        List of killings by law enforcement officers by country



        Rate per 10 million people

        USA 46.6 per 10 million people (2019)

        Canada 9.7 per 10 million people (2017)


        Figure out for yourself how a difference of 36.9 killings per million translates to number of deaths in a population of about 350 million people.

        And multiply this for every year...



        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

        Comment


        • #5
          Thread subtitle per OP;
          The 16 people who have died in the protests and riots following George Floyd's death


          Not sure how innocents killed by protesters/rioters is justified by police killings; which in most cases are of "justified"(legally) due to armed, threatening, and/or in commission of crime(s) or have just committed crimes, by the victims. ???

          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_..._United_States
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            Thread subtitle per OP;
            The 16 people who have died in the protests and riots following George Floyd's death


            Not sure how innocents killed by protesters/rioters is justified by police killings; which in most cases are of "justified"(legally) due to armed, threatening, and/or in commission of crime(s) or have just committed crimes, by the victims. ???

            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_..._United_States
            I did not say that police killings justify the killings during looting. I said that your math is wrong, and the point stands.

            And as I posted in another thread, police killings do not correlate well with violent crime rates.

            https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...31#post5198531

            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pamak View Post

              I did not say that police killings justify the killings during looting. I said that your math is wrong, and the point stands.

              And as I posted in another thread, police killings do not correlate well with violent crime rates.
              Dude, you're arguing in a thread that started off with a couple of links from a site that panders to the Christian right and has only a passing relationship with fact.

              Sometimes it's better to just let that stuff lie there and speak for itself.

              Stop rising to the bait.

              Comment


              • #8
                And from your link, about the victims, at least five out of the 16 are what your side calls "thugs"

                David McAtee, 53, the owner of a barbecue restaurant in Louisville, Kentucky, was killed after police and National Guard members opened fire at a protest.

                Marquis M. Tousant, 23, was shot and killed Monday in Davenport, Iowa after police responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle, before their car was fired upon multiple times, according to
                WQAD.

                James Scurlock, 22, was fatally shot by a bar owner during a fight with several people Saturday night in Omaha, Nebraska, amid protests. Charges weren’t brought against the shooter, Jake Gardner, who was determined to have acted in self-defense.

                Jorge Gomez, 25, was shot and killed by Las Vegas police during Monday night’s protests near

                Not yet named: Unidentified male in his 20s was shot and killed by the owner of a gun store in Philadelphia

                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DingBat View Post

                  Dude, you're arguing in a thread that started off with a couple of links from a site that panders to the Christian right and has only a passing relationship with fact.

                  Sometimes it's better to just let that stuff lie there and speak for itself.

                  Stop rising to the bait.
                  I will stop the the moderators take this thing down.Until then, I will assume that they do not see is as trolling.
                  And I really want to expose the irrationality of the claims that are promoted by some links and the hypocrisy of their authors who suddenly started to care about the deaths of everybody, including people shot by shop owners and the police.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I doubt we'll see much from the media about this aspect of the riots, GD., nor will black community leaders be saying much in outrage. After all, most of the victims appear to be black.

                    These are the real victims, and Floyd is directly responsible for them.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I doubt we'll see much from the media about this aspect of the riots, GD., nor will black community leaders be saying much in outrage. After all, most of the victims appear to be black.

                      These are the real victims, and Floyd is directly responsible for them.
                      Thanks and true, but slight correction here; Floyd is indirectly responsible.

                      Assuming this is still an existence and world of free will and choice, those who chose not to protest but rather to riot and then some, and amongst whom are the ones whom did the actual murders are the ones responsible. It's the removal of personal accountability and responsibility that we saw in these riots.

                      The fact than many came armed and equip with gear to assault and destroy with, suggests a level of premeditation on their part. Nothing spontaneous or "reactionary" here, clear prior intent = criminal.
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The BBQ owner who was shot? He opened fire on the police, not once, but twice, the police were returning fire.
                        Anyone who suggest the police have to take fire and not return fire is an absolute idiot. You should put on a uniform and offer up your life for others.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                          The BBQ owner who was shot? He opened fire on the police, not once, but twice, the police were returning fire.
                          Anyone who suggest the police have to take fire and not return fire is an absolute idiot. You should put on a uniform and offer up your life for others.
                          Apparently, the OP suggested that since he included him in the victims that came as a result of the demonstrations....

                          Nice that we agree that the math of "16 for one" is wrong
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pamak View Post

                            Apparently, the OP suggested that since he included him in the victims that came as a result of the demonstrations....

                            Nice that we agree that the math of "16 for one" is wrong
                            I think the death toll is much more than 16 for one. We can debate numbers all day (or more likely for the rest of eternity ) .
                            That won't end mob mentality driving violence.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

                              I think the death toll is much more than 16 for one. We can debate numbers all day (or more likely for the rest of eternity ) .
                              That won't end mob mentality driving violence.
                              You can think whatever you want but facts do not change. I also think the number of victims from police brutality are much higher than the official data and far surpasses the number of 16 deaths mentioned in the OP.
                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X