This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rojik View Post

Once again, I was correcting a mis fact. Go ahead and yell in the mirror if you want. I really don’t care. I really don’t care about the gun laws in NZ either. What I do care about is people talking crap.
    So... was I right or wrong in my post?
    Where did I say anything was wrong in your post? I didn't question you, I expressed my opinion, is that still allowed on a discussion forum?
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

In the cases I read, there was a release of non-violent criminals. By the way, Cohen was among them. He was released from a FEDERAL prison

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...virus-concerns

I haven't seen him busting the windows out of a Wells Fargo Bank to show his sorrow and out rage for the loss of Floyd, have you?
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

I haven't seen him busting the windows out of a Wells Fargo Bank to show his sorrow and out rage for the loss of Floyd, have you?
        And this does not address my point that the cases I have seen of release of prisoners were about non-violent offenders which happened at the state and federal level
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

And this does not address my point that the cases I have seen of release of prisoners were about non-violent offenders which happened at the state and federal level
          I see no evidence that they were non violent, Why not address my point about releasing these prisoners when unemployment is high, businesses are closed, support systems are already overburdened ?

Comment

37 minutes after being released Inmates rearrested
            https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/22/c...er-carjacking/
            Dozens of prisoners released due to Covid are rearrested
            https://nypost.com/2020/04/19/dozens...virus-release/
            Sex offender among those released
            https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...241618006.html

Comment

I see no evidence that they were non violent, Why not address my point about releasing these prisoners when unemployment is high, businesses are closed, support systems are already overburdened ?
              I address your claim which was offered as a fact. And that claim was

We should review the insanity forced upon us in just the last 90 days. Forced into a lock in place, violent prisoners released into the population when there are few resources to monitor them, no jobs for them,

So, let's try again:

I said that from what I know, there was release of non-violent criminals?

Do you have any info that violent criminals were released? And no, after the fact events cannot be used to judge a decision in the past. Not to mention that I did not see evidence that any looter was among those who were released from a prison.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

I agree that it appears they are releasing prisoners to add to the chaos. My neighbor called the police on her ex-boyfriend when he vandalized her car and harassed her by sending hundreds of mean text msgs per day. He was released last week and returned to kill her, which he did. I don't agree with early prisoner releases. They should do the time they were sentenced.

“Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

I address your claim which was offered as a fact. And that claim was

We should review the insanity forced upon us in just the last 90 days. Forced into a lock in place, violent prisoners released into the population when there are few resources to monitor them, no jobs for them,

So, let's try again:

I said that from what I know, there was release of non-violent criminals?

Do you have any info that violent criminals were released? And no, after the fact events cannot be used to judge a decision in the past. Not to mention that I did not see evidence that any looter was among those who were released from a prison.

now let's see if I can attempt to match your level of arrogance, do you consider sex offenders violent?
                  Car jacking? Domestic violence?

Comment

now let's see if I can attempt to match your level of arrogance, do you consider sex offenders violent?
                    Car jacking? Domestic violence?
                    Again, do you have any evidence that they released offenders of any of the above? Yes, I consider all of them violent offenders.

Comment

Where did I say anything was wrong in your post? I didn't question you, I expressed my opinion, is that still allowed on a discussion forum?
                      Uh huh. So jumping in with some ramble because I corrected a factual error is an opinion. Opine all you want. But he prepared to be called on it.
                      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

just on that point- NZ had extremely liberal gun laws. They only changed after the atrocity. Please do some basic research before dragging other places into your mess
                        Fascinating.
                        You ridicule me for not doing "some basic research" while seemingly doing none yourself.

1) Confiscation didn't work:
                        At the end of the confiscation program the government had collected roughly 56,000 firearms. A June 2019 report from consulting firm KPMG had estimated that there were as many as 173,000 newly-prohibited firearms in the country. New Zealand gun rights group, the Council of Licensed Firearms Owners estimated that 170,000 prohibited firearms were still in the hands of Kiwis after the confiscation program.

2) Confiscation didn't stop gun crime.
                        New figures obtained by RNZ show last year had the highest rates of gun crime and deaths involving firearms for nearly 10 years.
                        https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...ls-in-a-decade

Let me know when you want to withdraw the accusation I did no "research"
                        And trying to quibble with the details of the "research" I provided is just an effort to change the subject and challenge the weight of my evidence and admits that I actually did the "research".
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Wow. From A to Z in one rambling post
                          And yet he and I were spectacularly right.
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Fascinating.
                            You ridicule me for not doing "some basic research" while seemingly doing none yourself.

1) Confiscation didn't work:
                            At the end of the confiscation program the government had collected roughly 56,000 firearms. A June 2019 report from consulting firm KPMG had estimated that there were as many as 173,000 newly-prohibited firearms in the country. New Zealand gun rights group, the Council of Licensed Firearms Owners estimated that 170,000 prohibited firearms were still in the hands of Kiwis after the confiscation program.

2) Confiscation didn't stop gun crime.
                            New figures obtained by RNZ show last year had the highest rates of gun crime and deaths involving firearms for nearly 10 years.
                            https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...ls-in-a-decade

Let me know when you want to withdraw the accusation I did no "research"
                            And trying to quibble with the details of the "research" I provided is just an effort to change the subject and challenge the weight of my evidence and admits that I actually did the "research".
                            ​​​​​​You talked crap and now are doing google searches. You were wrong. Just admit it and move on. You said something that wasn’t true and want to double down on it. Tell your next story walking, mate

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

And yet he and I were spectacularly right.
                              In your wet dreams

Comment

Thread closed due to numerous posts addressing the poster not the post. May clean thread up and reopen. May not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X