This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asterix View Post

HAD liberal gun laws is the key word. Are you saying that the recent reports showing gun crime rising in that country after the so-called "assault weapon" ban is false? God-forbid it may suggest that firearms are not the whole problem. The comparison with Chicago is apt.

The knee-jerk reaction (desire?) to blame the US for every little problem in the world is tempting for you I'm sure...a recent asteroid fly-by of Earth may be Trump's fault....but this unique problem is entirely of New Zealand's own doing. Cambronne said nothing false.
    I think it is clear what he said. The mass shooting cannot be used as argument against gun control laws when NZ had lax gun laws at the time of the mass shooting...

https://www.thejournal.ie/new-zealan...44738-Dec2019/

Dec 21st 2019, 3:27 PM

The government banned the most lethal types of semi-automatic weapons less than a month after a gunman killed 51 worshippers at two Christchurch mosques in March.

****! He only wrote a couple of sentences and for some reason his reply still requires a farther explanation....
    Last edited by pamak; 06 Jun 20, 10:37.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

HAD liberal gun laws is the key word. Are you saying that the recent reports showing gun crime rising in that country after the so-called "assault weapon" ban is false? God-forbid it may suggest that firearms are not the whole problem. The comparison with Chicago is apt.

The knee-jerk reaction (desire?) to blame the US for every little problem in the world is tempting for you I'm sure...a recent asteroid fly-by of Earth may be Trump's fault....but this unique problem is entirely of New Zealand's own doing. Cambronne said nothing false.
      Wow. From A to Z in one rambling post
      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post

Wow. From A to Z in one rambling post
        Not to mention that the gun buyback collection program ended in December 2019, so there has not been any appreciable time to actually have data to see a trend of any sort
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Last reports are for 2018 and 2019 and show

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12332682

In each of the last two years, New Zealand recorded 2.4 gun-related deaths per million people.

N, Zealand population is 5 million

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand

So overall 12 deaths annually (in fact it is less because the 5 million figure is population estimate for the 2020)

So, obviously, they do not include the mass shooting atrocity before the assault gun ban because JUST the deaths there are 51 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...sque_shootings)

So, both you and Cambronne are wrong in trying to come to any conclusion about the effects of the gun control program

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Not to mention that the gun buyback collection program ended in December 2019, so there has not been any appreciable time to actually have data to see a trend of any sort
            I don’t care one way or the other, I just wanted to correct a falsehood and was attacked for it. Par for the course around here these days

Comment

I don’t care one way or the other, I just wanted to correct a falsehood and was attacked for it. Par for the course around here these days
              Based on my past experience, be prepared to face a new claim that what you understood from the reading of a post was wrong and the post's actual claim was different from the one you deduced

Comment

Based on my past experience, be prepared to face a new claim that what you understood from the reading of a post was wrong and the post's actual claim was different from the one you deduced
                Meh nothing new under the sun. The inmates run the asylum here, and have for years. One gets banned and two more pop up. What really annoys me is that I want to get in the mud with them. I should be better than that but it’s so tempting

Comment

Meh nothing new under the sun. The inmates run the asylum here, and have for years. One gets banned and two more pop up. What really annoys me is that I want to get in the mud with them. I should be better than that but it’s so tempting
                  I am an engineer, so according to somebody out there...

11e62c00359416b4d600250e6dd6d1daaa6bfd54ec6be7452482116eebf7b25e.jpg

I do NOT endorse the message, lol

Comment

just on that point- NZ had extremely liberal gun laws. They only changed after the atrocity. Please do some basic research before dragging other places into your mess
                    After one SOB violated standing laws, everyone had to suffer the consequences. Sounds fair to the leftist, one violent offender equals permission to strip the rights of all.
                    OTOH rioters can run rampant and if law enforcement tried to reestablish law and order they are shut down by the same leftist and again, the masses must suffer the consequences,
                    Makes total sense if you goal is to promote total chaos....
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

I am an engineer, so according to somebody out there...

11e62c00359416b4d600250e6dd6d1daaa6bfd54ec6be7452482116eebf7b25e.jpg

I do NOT endorse the message, lol
                      More mirror gazing I see

If you're an engineer, I'll consult the mechanic instead
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

After one SOB violated standing laws, everyone had to suffer the consequences. Sounds fair to the leftist, one violent offender equals permission to strip the rights of all.
                        OTOH rioters can run rampant and if law enforcement tried to reestablish law and order they are shut down by the same leftist and again, the masses must suffer the consequences,
                        EXACTLY!

Chaos and Anarchy

Minneapolis council president confirms it: Police will be 'dismantled' ​and replaced with a 'transformative new model of public safety'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/minnea...t%20270%20days

Going forward;
                        if experiencing an assault,
                        someone robbing you
                        breaking into your home or business
                        raping your wife or daughter
                        stealing your car

Don't dial 911, the police/LEO are no longer there
                        Dial 1-800-AntiFa and they will arrive to assure the crime is completed in a more thorough manner.

There's your asylum run by the inmates, Mate.
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Who told you that there is a constitutional right to have an assault rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

EXACTLY!

Chaos and Anarchy

Minneapolis council president confirms it: Police will be 'dismantled' ​and replaced with a 'transformative new model of public safety'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/minnea...t%20270%20days

Going forward;
                            if experiencing an assault,
                            someone robbing you
                            breaking into your home or business
                            raping your wife or daughter
                            stealing your car

Don't dial 911, the police/LEO are no longer there
                            Dial 1-800-AntiFa and they will arrive to assure the crime is completed in a more thorough manner.

There's your asylum run by the inmates, Mate.
                            We should review the insanity forced upon us in just the last 90 days. Forced into a lock in place, violent prisoners released into the population when there are few resources to monitor them, no jobs for them, then the demonstrations that blossomed into full blown riots so the recently released violent prisoners can participate in looting and carnage..
                            I hold ever governor who released scum into our cities because of the "threat of Covid-19" responsible for any and every crime committed by them, and for the rioting, Let the professionals handle it...Unleash the power of law enforcement and reestablish sanity.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Once again, I was correcting a mis fact. Go ahead and yell in the mirror if you want. I really don’t care. I really don’t care about the gun laws in NZ either. What I do care about is people talking crap.
                              So... was I right or wrong in my post?

Comment

We should review the insanity forced upon us in just the last 90 days. Forced into a lock in place, violent prisoners released into the population when there are few resources to monitor them, no jobs for them, then the demonstrations that blossomed into full blown riots so the recently released violent prisoners can participate in looting and carnage..
                                I hold ever governor who released scum into our cities because of the "threat of Covid-19" responsible for any and every crime committed by them, and for the rioting, Let the professionals handle it...Unleash the power of law enforcement and reestablish sanity.
                                In the cases I read, there was a release of non-violent criminals. By the way, Cohen was among them. He was released from a FEDERAL prison

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...virus-concerns

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X