No announcement yet.

Vigilante Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't change the situation for the average citizen. Not likely to stop a civil war, either.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Using "vigilante" for self defense is purposeful doublespeak.

Comment

If the government cannot or will not defend the public, then the public has the right to defend themselves. The rioters, OTH, or the worst kind of criminal scum so why all of the concern for them?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          If the government cannot or will not defend the public, then the public has the right to defend themselves. The rioters, OTH, or the worst kind of criminal scum so why all of the concern for them?
          I haven't seen any concern for the rioters by anyone. There is concern for those demonstrating and protesting peacefully, and that is their right under the First Amendment.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by 82redleg View Post
            Using "vigilante" for self defense is purposeful doublespeak.

The word vigilante fits in this particular case for why the residents of Fishtown came out in force.

vig·i·lan·te
            /ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/
            noun
            1. a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

Law enforcement was incapable of doing their job. The residents of Fishtown took matters into their own hands, without legal authority.

“Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I haven't seen any concern for the rioters by anyone. There is concern for those demonstrating and protesting peacefully, and that is their right under the First Amendment.

If the demonstrators and protestors allow the agitators and instigators to hide behind them, then they are complicit in the criminal activities committed. They are aiding and abetting felony criminal behavior. In other words, they are accomplices in the violence and looting.

Pursuant to California Penal Code Section 32, if you harbor, aid or conceal a person who you know has committed a crime, you are an accessory to that felony.
              “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                If the demonstrators and protestors allow the agitators and instigators to hide behind them, then they are complicit in the criminal activities committed. They are aiding and abetting felony criminal behavior. In other words, they are accomplices in the violence and looting.
                Does that apply to the police as well? Funny how it doesn't seem to do so.
                It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
                  Does that apply to the police as well? Funny how it doesn't seem to do so.

The police was useless against the looters and violent protesters because they have liberal city and state leaders who won't allow them to do what needed to be done to quell the riots. They allowed the looters to loot at will because of that.

Comment

The police was useless against the looters and violent protesters because they have liberal city and state leaders who won't allow them to do what needed to be done to quell the riots. They allowed the looters to loot at will because of that.
                    Does same section of the penal code apply to police brutalities?
                    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
                      Does same section of the penal code apply to police brutalities?
                      IF you're trying to imply that police have different standards than the rest of us, then YES...you get it and I agree.

But that doesn't excuse participation in questionable behaviors, regardless of your profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                        THEY RIOT AND LOOT, THEN THEY FIGHT AMONGST EACH OTHER OVER THE ITEMS THEY HAVE STOLEN!

https://www.bitchute.com/video/m5UOXZPdpCCv/

Animals!
                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

The mayor of Phily said he will not tolerate vigilante justice but will tolerate the looting and destruction in his city.
                          He did not say that.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

I'm surprised it took this long for people to push back. Philadelphia have a stand your ground law called the Castle Doctrine.

So, we can agree that in Philadelphia it is not considered vigilante justice to have business owners protect with firearms their business.

By the way, the liberal and anti-gun California permits loaded guns in places of lawful business

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=26035

ARTICLE 4. Other Exemptions to the Crime of Carrying a Loaded Firearm in Public [26000 - 26060]

( Article 4 added by Stats. 2010, Ch. 711, Sec. 6. )

Nothing in Section 25850 shall prevent any person engaged in any lawful business, including a nonprofit organization, or any officer, employee, or agent authorized by that person for lawful purposes connected with that business, from having a loaded firearm within the person’s place of business, or any person in lawful possession of private property from having a loaded firearm on that property.

Still, it is a good thing in these times to remind people the boundaries of the law so that no one crosses them based on the false belief that he has a right to serve "justice"
                            Last edited by pamak; 04 Jun 20, 20:37.
                            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

So, we can agree that in Philadelphia it is not considered vigilante justice to have business owners protect with firearms their business.

By the way, the liberal and anti-gun California permits loaded guns in places of lawful business
                              It is vigilante justice if they do so without legal authority.

I live in a rural incorporated part of CA, where long guns and handguns can be openly carried with a permit from the local sheriff.

Comment

It is vigilante justice if they do so without legal authority.

I live in a rural incorporated part of CA, where long guns and handguns can be openly carried with a permit from the local sheriff.

Based on the CA law which permit it

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=26035

(a) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm when the person carries a loaded firearm on the person or in a vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated city or in any public place or on any public street in a prohibited area of unincorporated territory.

On the other hand, the duty to retreat still applies (lives over property). But even within such legal constrains, a CA owner with a gun can still discourage looters. The latter are usually opportunistic and typically will not assume the risk of confronting an armed person who (even in California) can still use his weapon to defend himself if he is in danger.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...e-floyd-unrest

California liquor store owner uses AR-15 to protect his property from looters in George Floyd unrest

Last edited by pamak; 04 Jun 20, 21:20.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X