Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Trump Threatening Americans with Armed Force?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Trump Threatening Americans with Armed Force?

Trump is in the 'bully' mode again. This is not the way to stop the rioting in US cities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...cid=spartandhp
    President Donald Trump encouraged his supporters to rally at the White House, inviting a potentially dangerous mix of protesters after people angry about the death of an unarmed black man in Minnesota police custody skirmished with the Secret Service on Friday.
    He threatened “the unlimited power” of the U.S. military to clamp down on demonstrations, tweeting from Air Force One as he traveled to Cape Canaveral, Florida, for the launch of a SpaceX spacecraft. The military is “ready, willing and able” to assist, Trump said earlier.

In a series of tweets early on Saturday, Trump also seemed to revel in the potential for violence outside the White House, warning that Friday’s protesters would have been met by “the most vicious dogs” and “most ominous weapons” had they dared to breach the fence around the property...

...Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser rebuked the president in her own series of tweets, calling him “a scared man. Afraid/alone” and saying she stood with people peacefully protesting the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis this week.

Those demonstrations were not altogether peaceful, though. The Secret Service said in a statement that it arrested six people and that “multiple” personnel from the agency were injured when protesters assaulted them with “bricks, rocks, bottles, fireworks and other items.”

Videos from Friday’s demonstration showed protesters chasing journalists from the park and throwing objects at officers wearing riot gear, and Secret Service officers responding with pepper spray.

Contrary to Trump’s assertion that Bowser “wouldn’t let the D.C. police get involved,” the Secret Service said the city’s police and U.S. Park Police were also on the scene of the protests.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

There needs to be counter protesters to the looters and criminals .. Democrats and Republicans need to be the counter protesters. Counter protesters should hold signs saying they support the police and the legacy of America... holding pictures of great Americans of the past.

The former mayor of New Orleans talked about how foreign agents could be a part of the looters trying to tear apart the country and destroy us.

Now in my city there are looters and criminals who have so far destroyed us 7 /11 and started fires in Rochester..
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

I don't think "I support the police" is really the smart thing to do when the coppers are on the ropes for killing innocent people...
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
        There needs to be counter protesters to the looters and criminals .. Democrats and Republicans need to be the counter protesters. Counter protesters should hold signs saying they support the police and the legacy of America... holding pictures of great Americans of the past.

The former mayor of New Orleans talked about how foreign agents could be a part of the looters trying to tear apart the country and destroy us.

Now in my city there are looters and criminals who have so far destroyed us 7 /11 and started fires in Rochester..

Peace officers do not get a blank check. They enforce the rules that the citizens consider worth enforcing in the way that the citizens consider they should be enforced.

I would submit that it is not an unreasonable position to take to say that no citizen should die because of possibly passing counterfeit currency or possibly trespassing. You ignore that at your own peril.

Comment

I had my Platoon (82nd Abn Div.) in Detroit in July 1967, and I don't seem recalling Trump ordering me there, unless I am misremembering.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
            I don't think "I support the police" is really the smart thing to do when the coppers are on the ropes for killing innocent people...
            That was just a few cops and we don’t know what the jury will decide in that case

It’s wrong not to support the police or military. It’s also wrong to be against union jobs I say this and I know many Americans agree

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post

Peace officers do not get a blank check. They enforce the rules that the citizens consider worth enforcing in the way that the citizens consider they should be enforced.

I would submit that it is not an unreasonable position to take to say that no citizen should die because of possibly passing counterfeit currency or possibly trespassing. You ignore that at your own peril.
              With respect im confused at your points. You seem to be talking about other threads bring up the points there

There’s a curfew in my city for the first time in perhaps it’s history.... That’s because of foreign agents possibly as well as a few disgruntled black and white Americans who are criminal looters and they will be defeated that’s for sure.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

With respect im confused at your points. You seem to be talking about other threads bring up the points there

There’s a curfew in my city for the first time in perhaps it’s history.... That’s because of foreign agents possibly as well as a few disgruntled black and white Americans who are criminal looters and they will be defeated that’s for sure.
                Yeah, if you believe that “foreign agents” are what’s triggering riots then I’m not sure what to say at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post

Yeah, if you believe that “foreign agents” are what’s triggering riots then I’m not sure what to say at this point.
                  Nah, he’s right. I say they should dig up McCarthy and give him free reign to get to the bottom of this horrible conspiracy.
                  Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

The rioters should be dealt with the same way the NYC Draft Riots of 1863 were.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Yes - see this tweet
                      Mayor Jacob Frey of Minneapolis will never be mistaken for the late, great General Douglas McArthur or great fighter General George Patton. How come all of these places that defend so poorly are run by Liberal Democrats? Get tough and fight (and arrest the bad ones)
                      which is problematic given:
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_...y_intervention

At 1:40 pm MacArthur ordered General Perry Miles to assemble troops on the Ellipse immediately south of the White House. Within the hour the 3rd Cavalry led by Patton, then a Major, crossed the Memorial Bridge, with the 12th Infantry arriving by steamer about an hour later. At 4 pm Miles told MacArthur that the troops were ready, and MacArthur (like Eisenhower, by now in service uniform), said that Hoover wanted him "on hand" to "take the rap if ..."

Comment

What do you propose police should do when scum is looting stores and burning cars ? Looking the other way ?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                          I had my Platoon (82nd Abn Div.) in Detroit in July 1967, and I don't seem recalling Trump ordering me there, unless I am misremembering.

As part of the 1stAD we were on the airstrip waiting to go with gear loaded.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                            The rioters should be dealt with the same way the NYC Draft Riots of 1863 were.
                            Different time, different rules. If the armed forces are committed to the riots, the rules of engagement will be quite different from 1863.

Are you advocating that the rioters should be shot?

And the last time regular units were committed was in Los Angeles in 1992 when a Marine regiment was sent in. As soon as it arrived, the rioting stopped.
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              Trump is in the 'bully' mode again. This is not the way to stop the rioting in US cities.

What is your solution to dealing with the thugs, criminals, arsonist, race baiters, and bused in rioters? Anarchy?
                              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X