• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill in US Congress to recognize Tibet & Hongkong as independent country

Bill in US Congress to recognize Tibet & Hongkong as independent country

WASHINGTON: Ramping up pressure in China, US lawmaker
    Scott Perry
    has introduced a bill in Congress that would “authorize the President to recognize the
    Tibet
    Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China as a separate, independent country.”

Perry, a military veteran and a Republican from Pennsylvania, has introduced a similar bill for

Hong Kong

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/76013185.cms

He should do one for Taiwan if he really wants to pissoff the CCP.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Four laws, a virus and military standoffs in Ladakh and Sikkim

Lt Gen Cherish Mathson MAY 27, 2020

1)China’s Unity Law.

US
      2) Hongkong Human Rights Act.

3)US Uyghur Human Rights Bill.

4) US Tibetan Policy and Support Bill.

​​​​​​​

Read more at: https://english.manoramaonline.com/n...ic-issues.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
        He should do one for Taiwan if he really wants to pissoff the CCP.
        Probably not such a good idea for Taiwan, as it would likely mean the instantaneous launch of an invasion from the mainland.

If Taiwan really wanted independence, they could have self-declared it at any time.
        ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
        2) Enjoy playing it
        3) Enjoy sharing it
        4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
          Probably not such a good idea for Taiwan, as it would likely mean the instantaneous launch of an invasion from the mainland.

If Taiwan really wanted independence, they could have self-declared it at any time.
          They did. They are not part of mainland China at all.

As for the rest, how like the Democrats to waste time and effort on things they have zero control over by making a useless gesture.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Anything that rubs China the wrong way is good in my book. Especially after this virus crap they started.

Unless the Dems want it...then no, sorry. Anything they think is good is usually bad.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

All we can be certain of is appeasement is probably a really bad idea.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

This should raise the question, "Can you recognize someone as independent even if they do not see themselves as such?"

For example, could Russia 'recognize' Nevada as an independent country, even if no one in Nevada said as much?
                How about someone recognizing your wife as 'single', even though she might protest and insist she is still married?
                ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                2) Enjoy playing it
                3) Enjoy sharing it

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
                  This should raise the question, "Can you recognize someone as independent even if they do not see themselves as such?"

For example, could Russia 'recognize' Nevada as an independent country, even if no one in Nevada said as much?
                  How about someone recognizing your wife as 'single', even though she might protest and insist she is still married?
                  We have a recognized Tibetan Government in Exile in India.

We according H.H. Dalai Lama all the privileges we can provide from last 60 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cent...Administration

Comment

For Tibetans in exile, the Indian government and people of India have done a lot for Tibet. Even Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama calls himself a "son of India".

However, they say if the people in Tibet were to get more autonomy within the Chinese constitution, it could be achieved only through the political support of India and its people.

"China has occupied Tibet and we expect India has the only legitimacy and credibility to speak about Tibet," a senior Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) functionary told IANS on Tuesday.
                    https://www.outlookindia.com/website...or-them/334323

I can't say we had done enough, but at least we had not surrounded to Chinese pressure.
                    ​​​​​​
                    following our great tradition of protecting endangered Religions from Last thousands of years.

Zionism, Zorastrians, Tibetan every body had been given refuge in past. Hopefully Tibet will see good days, someday.

Comment

Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
                      We have a recognized Tibetan Government in Exile in India.

We according H.H. Dalai Lama all the privileges we can provide from last 60 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cent...Administration
                      The difference between Tibet and Hong Kong or Taiwan is that Tibet actually consider themselves an independent country currently under foreign occupation; while Hong Kong and Taiwan have never said the same.
                      ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                      2) Enjoy playing it
                      3) Enjoy sharing it

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

They did. They are not part of mainland China at all.

As for the rest, how like the Democrats to waste time and effort on things they have zero control over by making a useless gesture.
                        Damn man don't you read any more? The Bill was introduced by a Republican
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Damn man don't you read any more? The Bill was introduced by a Republican
                          To a Democratically controlled Congress.

Truthfully, I rarely read your stuff because it's all hate-America-hate-Trump-love-the-Democrats junk, so I didn't realize you changed sides.

For the record, though...I'm Independent. Competence is my yardstick.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Truthfully, I rarely read your stuff because it's all hate-America-hate-Trump-love-the-Democrats junk, so I didn't realize you changed sides.

Last I looked at the real World the Congress is split in the middle and if any controlling is being done its by McConnell.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The last time I looked, the Democrats controlled the House and the Republicans the Senate and the White House.

Where has John ever posted anything remotely 'hate America'?

The only side there should be is that which supports the country. Trump doesn't do that, he hurts the country.

If competence is your 'yardstick' then why do you support Trump as well as a civil war? That isn't 'competence' it's anything but.
                              We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X