Would you wear a face shield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you wear a face shield?

There's talk about adding another layer to protect us from the virus.
    In addition to face masks we might be told to wear face shields.

The debate over whether Americans should wear face masks to control coronavirus transmission has been settled. Governments and businesses now require or at least recommend them in many public settings. But as parts of the country reopen, some doctors want you to consider another layer of personal protective equipment in your daily life: clear plastic face shields.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/youre-get...120435941.html
    “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Originally posted by Nikki View Post

Why not?

As it was explained in another thread (https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...80#post5195780) if you believe that you should carry an assault rifle to protect people from mass shootings, you should not flinch to the idea of carrying a face shield. It is lighter, less expensive and probably wayyyy more efficient in protecting other people during a pandemic than an assault rifle is in protecting people from mass shootings during any day. The only negative side is that it does not make the person who has it look like a badass...
    Last edited by pamak; 25 May 20, 23:50.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

And the madness continues.
      "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

For the good of everyone, we will soon be issued MOPP-4 suits.
        Just so that everyone can say, "Look! We're doing EVERYTHING we can!"
        ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
        2) Enjoy playing it
        3) Enjoy sharing it
        4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
          For the good of everyone, we will soon be issued MOPP-4 suits.
          Just so that everyone can say, "Look! We're doing EVERYTHING we can!"

Along those lines, the dem governor of Illinois has mandated that everyone over the age of 2 must wear a face mask in public.
          3 year olds in day care are apparently expected to wear face masks all day.
          Yeah, that will work.

The people in charge pass ridiculous rules all while patting themselves on the back for being so concerned about our safety.
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

"They" can tell me to wear a face mask all day long, but it's not going to happen.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

A pub in Japan is giving out free face shields to customers.

Osaka pub gives free face shields to customers as anti-virus measure

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...s-measure.html
              “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

How about this instead?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                  The people in charge pass ridiculous rules all while patting themselves on the back for being so concerned about our safety.
                  Much of the activity in officialdom is to demonstrate to the citizenry that their 'leaders' are actually doing something constructive and worthwhile, in order to justify their salaries and signal their self-importance to everyone.

"We had to shut down roads so that pedestrians could maintain spacial separation."
                  Er, you mean the common man wasn't smart enough to just take a small step to the side onto the grass when someone approached? He needed an apparatchik from city hall to do it for him?
                  ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                  2) Enjoy playing it
                  3) Enjoy sharing it

Comment

A pub in Japan is giving out free face shields to customers.

Considering the results of the CV in Japan, we should actually pay more attention to how the Japanese handled the situation.
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

I wear a surgical mask, and gloves , when i am inside and in public. If i could find a face mask i would wear one too . I would hope that all you do the same, You could have covid-19 and have no symptoms
                      and there fore be spreading it . May be even to someone you love.

Comment

Originally posted by bill shack View Post
                        I wear a surgical mask, and gloves , when i am inside and in public. If i could find a face mask i would wear one too . I would hope that all you do the same, You could have covid-19 and have no symptoms
                        and there fore be spreading it . May be even to someone you love.
                        My job requires all employees to take a weekly CV-19 test every Friday. They arrange a medical trailer that comes every Friday morning and stays in the parking lot until 5pm. Result are available by Sun evening and if the results are positive, you are not allowed to go into the building Mon morning.

I'm OK with it.

Comment

My wife works in a hospital. She is in near-daily contact with many patients. 6 Foot needles haven't been designed yet, most I know of are about an inch and a half long. That gets you pretty close to the patients.
                          No face mask, no face shield, no gloves. Lots of hands washing though (as always).
                          She also asks patients not to talk into her direction while taking blood.
                          Only when she has to visit corona patients (or any other isolated patients for that matter) she gets all dressed up from top to toe.
                          No testing of employees, unless obvious symptoms show up.

I'd say the folks at hospitals know pretty well what makes sense and what doesn't.

I went to the hairdresser last saturday. She was wearing a face mask, I told her I'd be fine if she took it off as chances are terribly small to get infected, so small that in hospitals they don't wear facemasks under normal conditions.
                          Well, company policy she said.
                          "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                            My wife works in a hospital. She is in near-daily contact with many patients. 6 Foot needles haven't been designed yet, most I know of are about an inch and a half long. That gets you pretty close to the patients.
                            No face mask, no face shield, no gloves. Lots of hands washing though (as always).
                            She also asks patients not to talk into her direction while taking blood.
                            Only when she has to visit corona patients (or any other isolated patients for that matter) she gets all dressed up from top to toe.
                            No testing of employees, unless obvious symptoms show up.

I'd say the folks at hospitals know pretty well what makes sense and what doesn't.

I went to the hairdresser last saturday. She was wearing a face mask, I told her I'd be fine if she took it off as chances are terribly small to get infected, so small that in hospitals they don't wear facemasks under normal conditions.
                            Well, company policy she said.

Your post was fine until you said you told your hairdresser it was OK for her to remove her mask while tending to your hair hygiene.

And for someone who have a significant other in the medical field...

I can only imagine the hairdresser must look really HOT for you to insist the face mask be removed.

Comment

My job requires all employees to take a weekly CV-19 test every Friday. They arrange a medical trailer that comes every Friday morning and stays in the parking lot until 5pm. Result are available by Sun evening and if the results are positive, you are not allowed to go into the building Mon morning.
                              That level of testing is the only way to really control this virus. I would go even further, if possible, to daily testing. Those Spartan Cubes might have been the answer. Test every morning before you leave for work. If daily is not possible, then every second day, or every week. Any time anyone goes out into public spaces a daily test should be required. Anyone who stays home and only interacts within their household can ignore it, until the next time they go out in public.
                              ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                              2) Enjoy playing it
                              3) Enjoy sharing it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X