Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

That is the point!

Because later studies showed that asymptomatic patients can infect others and be a driving force for the CV spread , the guidance for wearing masks changed. In essence, the idea is that people, including people who look perfectly healthy take precaution because they do NOT know if they are actually infected with CV or not. So, they wear a mask to protect others in case they are among those asymptomatic patients.
    You forget the condition sine qua non : asymptomatic patients can infect others ONLY if these are NOT already infected .
    Besides,human contact is NOT needed to be infected .You can become infected even if you are 10 meter away from someone who wears a mask .
    Dozens of millions of people are infected, a lot of them WITHOUT human contact .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

You forget the condition sine qua non : asymptomatic patients can infect others ONLY if these are NOT already infected .
      Besides,human contact is NOT needed to be infected .You can become infected even if you are 10 meter away from someone who wears a mask .
      Dozens of millions of people are infected, a lot of them WITHOUT human contact .
      I do not address obvious issues.
      A soldier can be killed even when he wears a helmet and a vest.
      And a lot of soldiers have died from things like fire and gas and without receiving any bullet wound.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

I do not address obvious issues.
        A soldier can be killed even when he wears a helmet and a vest.
        And a lot of soldiers have died from things like fire and gas and without receiving any bullet wound.
        The more people are already infected, the less remain to be infected .

Comment

You can become infected even if you are 10 meter away from someone who wears a mask.
          I'm curious. Are you saying that you can become infected by someone at 10 meters distance who's also wearing a mask? How would that happen?

Or are you saying that you can become infected by other causes, while there just happens to be someone at 10 meters distance wearing a mask?

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            If face masks actuslly work, why have inmates been released? Why weren't they just given face masks?
            Liberal policy changes to get what they want during an emergency; Pelosi is a significant influence in this ignorance.
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• I think it's more like this:

gateway.jpeg?w=800&quality=85.jpg
              ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
              2) Enjoy playing it
              3) Enjoy sharing it
              4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post

I'm curious. Are you saying that you can become infected by someone at 10 meters distance who's also wearing a mask? How would that happen?

Or are you saying that you can become infected by other causes, while there just happens to be someone at 10 meters distance wearing a mask?
                It is the second one .
                Human contact is not necessary to become infected with CV ;thus observing social distance is not excluding the possibility to become infected;neither is it when ''the attacker '' wears a mask .It is not so that at the start there was ONE infected person who infected X persons,who infected X persons,who ...etc.
                The CV had already immigrated to Europe and the US in 2019: there was already a victim in France in December 2019,but the virus remained, for reasons we still do not know, mainly inactive till a certain moment ,notwithstanding the fact that no one observed SD in 2019 and that no one was wearing a mask .
                That means that there is no causal relation between not observing SD and not wearing a mask and being infected with CV .
                All sources are saying that infection happens mainly by human contact, without being able to say what is mainly : mainly can vary from 20% to 90 % of the cases .
                Those who will become sick/who will die from influenza are already infected today.months before the start of the influenza season .
                It is the same for CV : those who now are sick,are dying from reasons related to Covid, were already infected last year .

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post

You want to give inmates face masks?
                  In preference to merely releasing them on the governor's say-so because he's so worried about their potential health? YES.

I would simply hand them a mask, remind them that they are hardened criminals and they can face the same problems that their former victims are facing.

Basically, suck it up, tough guy. There's no whining in prison.

But I forgot, you have never worked as prison staff, have you?

Comment

It is the second one .
                    Human contact is not necessary to become infected with CV ;thus observing social distance is not excluding the possibility to become infected;neither is it when ''the attacker '' wears a mask .It is not so that at the start there was ONE infected person who infected X persons,who infected X persons,who ...etc.
                    The CV had already immigrated to Europe and the US in 2019: there was already a victim in France in December 2019,but the virus remained, for reasons we still do not know, mainly inactive till a certain moment ,notwithstanding the fact that no one observed SD in 2019 and that no one was wearing a mask .
                    That means that there is no causal relation between not observing SD and not wearing a mask and being infected with CV .
                    All sources are saying that infection happens mainly by human contact, without being able to say what is mainly : mainly can vary from 20% to 90 % of the cases .
                    Those who will become sick/who will die from influenza are already infected today.months before the start of the influenza season .
                    It is the same for CV : those who now are sick,are dying from reasons related to Covid, were already infected last year .
                    Welcome to the real world of medicine, and not the political one of mindless hype. I've been telling all of you this since the beginning. But hey...what could I possibly know? I only spent 30 years doing this stuff.

Comment

In preference to merely releasing them on the governor's say-so because he's so worried about their potential health? YES.

I would simply hand them a mask, remind them that they are hardened criminals and they can face the same problems that their former victims are facing.

If you count laundry duty while doing hard time as being part of the staff, maybe...................
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Drop the personal comments
                        next post of this type will be removed
                        thank you
                        ACG Staff

Comment

You know that Washington state almost released the green river killer in their CV19 panic.
                          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post

The virus is many many times smaller than the weave in masks. Even the N95 masks have difficulty containing the virus. As one meme that is going around states "Wearing a mask to keep out (in) the Covid virus is like putting up a chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes." In reality I think the holes in the weave are much larger, relatively speaking, then the links in the fence.

We have had advisories here in the U.S. that the virus is actually communicable up to 30 feet (what you call 10 meters).

Masks are a placebo for the masses, and are about as useful as tucking posies in one's pockets in order to avoid the plague.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

The virus is many many times smaller than the weave in masks. Even the N95 masks have difficulty containing the virus. As one meme that is going around states "Wearing a mask to keep out (in) the Covid virus is like putting up a chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes." In reality I think the holes in the weave are much larger, relatively speaking, then the links in the fence.

We have had advisories here in the U.S. that the virus is actually communicable up to 30 feet (what you call 10 meters).

Masks are a placebo for the masses, and are about as useful as tucking posies in one's pockets in order to avoid the plague.

You are forgetting that unlike a chain link fence, a mask is three dimensional with thickness and or overlapping layers. Unlike mosquitoes that can maneuver with navigation, a particle or droplet will crash against a barrier and have no way of directional propulsion to work it's way through a mask. A mask user will literally have to suck in the virus through the gaps between mask and face because most of the droplets will be deflected or crash onto the mask surface or into the wall of the internal spores of the mask.

You can shove a pea through you nose, but how may particles and aerosols many times smaller than a pea did you nose filter out?
                              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post

You are forgetting that unlike a chain link fence, a mask is three dimensional with thickness and or overlapping layers. Unlike mosquitoes that can maneuver with navigation, a particle or droplet will crash against a barrier and have no way of directional propulsion to work it's way through a mask. A mask user will literally have to suck in the virus through the gaps between mask and face because most of the droplets will be deflected or crash onto the mask surface or into the wall of the internal spores of the mask.

You can shove a pea through you nose, but how may particles and aerosols many times smaller than a pea did you nose filter out?
                                You are being assaulted by literally millions of viral particles, however. The law of averages says that a lot of them will get through. That is why proper masks are rated in micron filtration size. And as we know from fertilization studies of spermatazoa, it only takes one.

OTH, if you are wearing one of those makeshift rag things over your face, you are actually trapping virus particles right in front of your face, where you can breathe them over and over. Even worse, once your mask has been contaminated, it becomes more of a hazard to you than help, yet everyone wears the same one over and over and over.

And then you wear it into a big box store with all of the air everyone else is breathing in and out circulated and recirculated throughout the entire store for you to inhale again and again and again.

Doesn't make any sense at all to do it, does it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X