Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Facts About Face Masks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
    I liked the mask that had a ball gag painted on it.

    The US Army biological warfare lab tested fabrics & determined the best commonly available was a fabric used for cleaning. It was estimated at 70% efficiency. The '95' mask come it at around 90% according to the bio lab spokesman quoted in the recent 'Military.COM article.
    The filter size must be less than 125 microns, the size of the COVID viral particle. Soak your underwear in Lysol and put it over your face. It's works just as well.

    (Lysol has had the information that it kills COVID on its product labels for years. Go look at a bottle.)
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pamak View Post

      That is the point!

      Because later studies showed that asymptomatic patients can spread the CV, the guidance for wearing masks changed. In essence, the idea is that people, including people who look perfectly healthy take precaution because they do NOT know if they are actually infected with CV. So, they wear a mask to protect others in case they are among those asymptomatic patients.
      Horsepuckey.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

        Horsepuckey.
        This is not an argument.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

          Especially inside of a store where many people have handled everything before you have and no one is washing their hands. You could, of course, carry hand sanitizer with you if there were any available.

          Or, you could do the sane, rational thing and STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT.

          Unless you are elderly and/or have a damaged immune system the odds are on your side....virtually 100 %. The deaths occur among those with damaged immune systems, which includes the elderly.

          YOU ARE BEING SYSTEMATICALLY LIED TO. STOP COWERING IN FEAR.

          And while you are at it, start calling, e-mailing and harassing your governor and your state officials and DEMAND that adequate supplies of proper masks and hand sanitizer be made immediately available to the public, or that they give up theirs and share the same risks that you are told that you are.

          If one million Americans die from this, that is still only 1/3 of one percent mortality.
          I take a slightly different view.

          The threat of a more serious virus is real. Down playing this one too much could interfere with the response to a more serious virus.

          One of the main take aways from this pandemic is we need to harden our food distribution and production. We have been very lucky not to have a year without a summer in two hundred years.

          The economic damage has already been done. Many service industry businesses will not survive even if we reopen. All it takes to put many of them under would be a ten percent drop in clients which is likely unavoidable due to fear. We need to focus on new start ups.

          If a business is non essential how can an economy become so dependent on them. There is no easy answer to this question. I would suggest however that it does illustrate just how irrational our economic system is.

          For example if government workers can stay at home doesn't that make government employment look like a welfare system for the educated. As out of control government pension plans are the leading cause of government bankruptcy, take Greece for example, how can we have a recovery with local and state governments failing. Take a look at this.

          https://www.businessinsider.com/perc...s-state-2019-1

          What may have started off as welfare for the educated now makes up a huge percentage of the work force. Pelosi may want to bail out the government without accountability but once dependency is created you can't end it over night.

          It is becoming clear that the government lock down was to little to late and that the science amounted to three thousand year old measures. That doesn't mean that we should just throw in the towel and say let that bitch mother nature take her course. It's a bit more complicated than that. What the pandemic should teach us is that government responsibility is no substitute for individual responsibility. That does not mean that the government has no role. For example we do need an Apollo like effort for testing perhaps just not for this virus.
          We hunt the hunters

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

            I take a slightly different view.

            The threat of a more serious virus is real. Down playing this one too much could interfere with the response to a more serious virus.

            One of the main take aways from this pandemic is we need to harden our food distribution and production. We have been very lucky not to have a year without a summer in two hundred years.

            The economic damage has already been done. Many service industry businesses will not survive even if we reopen. All it takes to put many of them under would be a ten percent drop in clients which is likely unavoidable due to fear. We need to focus on new start ups.

            If a business is non essential how can an economy become so dependent on them. There is no easy answer to this question. I would suggest however that it does illustrate just how irrational our economic system is.

            For example if government workers can stay at home doesn't that make government employment look like a welfare system for the educated. As out of control government pension plans are the leading cause of government bankruptcy, take Greece for example, how can we have a recovery with local and state governments failing. Take a look at this.

            https://www.businessinsider.com/perc...s-state-2019-1

            What may have started off as welfare for the educated now makes up a huge percentage of the work force. Pelosi may want to bail out the government without accountability but once dependency is created you can't end it over night.

            It is becoming clear that the government lock down was to little to late and that the science amounted to three thousand year old measures. That doesn't mean that we should just throw in the towel and say let that bitch mother nature take her course. It's a bit more complicated than that. What the pandemic should teach us is that government responsibility is no substitute for individual responsibility. That does not mean that the government has no role. For example we do need an Apollo like effort for testing perhaps just not for this virus.


            Responsibility is based upon knowledge of actual truth. So long as the government and the media lie to us constantly, the general public is denied sufficient knowledge to exercise responsibility. Only those with the proper training can do that in this case, and I happen to be one them.,

            The rest of the world may cower in their homes like the prisoners they have become. Cowering in constant fear generated by a lunatic government is no way to live, and I choose not live that way.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post



              Responsibility is based upon knowledge of actual truth. So long as the government and the media lie to us constantly, the general public is denied sufficient knowledge to exercise responsibility. Only those with the proper training can do that in this case, and I happen to be one them.,

              The rest of the world may cower in their homes like the prisoners they have become. Cowering in constant fear generated by a lunatic government is no way to live, and I choose not live that way.


              To be fair I'm fairly anti-social so the worst part of this thing is all the people going to the places I normally go.
              We hunt the hunters

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post



                To be fair I'm fairly anti-social so the worst part of this thing is all the people going to the places I normally go.
                As am I.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pamak View Post

                  That is the point!

                  Because later studies showed that asymptomatic patients can infect others and be a driving force for the CV spread , the guidance for wearing masks changed. In essence, the idea is that people, including people who look perfectly healthy take precaution because they do NOT know if they are actually infected with CV or not. So, they wear a mask to protect others in case they are among those asymptomatic patients.
                  Thank you!
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

                  ~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                  Comment


                  • Anymore digs at other posters and further action will be taken
                    Try and act like adults please.
                    Thank you
                    ACG Staff

                    Comment


                    • If face masks actuslly work, why have inmates been released? Why weren't they just given face masks?
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pamak View Post

                        Because later studies showed that asymptomatic patients can infect others and be a driving force for the CV spread , the guidance for wearing masks changed. In essence, the idea is that people, including people who look perfectly healthy take precaution because they do NOT know if they are actually infected with CV or not. So, they wear a mask to protect others in case they are among those asymptomatic patients.
                        Two points to consider:

                        1. Since the current so-called "masks" and way they are worn do nothing to abate or block the virus, using them for that purpose is totally meaningless, and

                        2. Since the risk remains below 2%, what is the real point beyond subjugating Americans and instilling fear.

                        The hard truth is the same portion of the population continues to make up the mortality, and the other 98% does not, masks or no masks. (the masks do not work, remember?)

                        This whole thing from the very beginning is an exercise in manufactured hysteria. One again, if this virus actually kills one million Americans that only .3% of the total population - 1 million out of over 300 million. How does that justify destroying America? To protect whom?

                        The government is going to "protect us" into financial ruin and a much slower death than anything they claim to be "preventing."
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          If face masks actuslly work, why have inmates been released? Why weren't they just given face masks?
                          You want to give inmates face masks?
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                          Prayers.

                          BoRG

                          http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                          Comment


                          • Here's a good article regarding the increased dangers created by use of masks.

                            One significant point is the hypoxia caused by lower oxygenation from mask usage.

                            https://www.technocracy.news/blayloc...o-the-healthy/

                            One should not attack and insult those who have chosen not to wear a mask, as these studies suggest that is the wise choice to make.
                            ScenShare Guidelines:

                            1) Enjoy creating it
                            2) Enjoy playing it
                            3) Enjoy sharing it
                            4) Enjoy helping others create them

                            The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

                            FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                              Two points to consider:

                              1. Since the current so-called "masks" and way they are worn do nothing to abate or block the virus, using them for that purpose is totally meaningless, and

                              2. Since the risk remains below 2%, what is the real point beyond subjugating Americans and instilling fear.

                              The hard truth is the same portion of the population continues to make up the mortality, and the other 98% does not, masks or no masks. (the masks do not work, remember?)

                              This whole thing from the very beginning is an exercise in manufactured hysteria. One again, if this virus actually kills one million Americans that only .3% of the total population - 1 million out of over 300 million. How does that justify destroying America? To protect whom?

                              The government is going to "protect us" into financial ruin and a much slower death than anything they claim to be "preventing."
                              None of your points addresses what I said about the use of mask which do work under certain circumstances as it was explained in the quote to which you chose to respond.

                              And I do not understand this fixation with the 2% risk. Going to Iraq for a regular soldier meant a risk much lower of 2%. This did not make irrational to wear protecting equipment like helmet and vests when they could make a difference under some circumstances.

                              And I do not understand the claim of manufacturing hysteria. If you can live with people carrying guns in public spaces, I am not convinced that you feel threatened when you see people wearing masks for a while.
                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
                                Here's a good article regarding the increased dangers created by use of masks.

                                One significant point is the hypoxia caused by lower oxygenation from mask usage.

                                https://www.technocracy.news/blayloc...o-the-healthy/
                                And wearing a bulletproof vest in Iraq can increase the chances of dehydration. The point is that one can find negative scenarios for every type of equipment. And yes, improper use can some times create bigger dangers.

                                Meanwhile, the first source that he uses for the claim that " None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”1 is from 2011, so the issue of the asymptomatic carriers does not apply since (to use the article's words) " there is no conclusive relationship between influenza transmission and presymptomatic or asymptomatic individuals.

                                https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2646474/

                                We performed a systematic review of published studies describing the relationship between viral shedding and disease transmission. Based on the available literature, we found that there is scant, if any, evidence that asymptomatic or presymptomatic individuals play an important role in influenza transmission. As such, recent articles concerning pandemic planning, some using transmission modeling, may have overestimated the effect of presymptomatic or asymptomatic influenza transmission. More definitive transmission studies are sorely needed.

                                By the way, the above article is also from the same period (2009). Today, the new virus has created a big concern because of the spread by asymptomatic and presymptomatic individuals.

                                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X