Some Facts About Face Masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Do you think my wife looks better with a mask on?

Compared to what?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Doesn't it come down for respect for others? The mask offer little protection for me but for others and I have been tested more than once and still wear a mask. What's the bmfd about wearing one? huh some look better with a mask than without one
      Why not wear a full body MOPP suit? Make everyone feel much safer?

The point is, it's pointless to begin with, a huge waste of time and resources, and it's knuckling under to little dictator wannabes.

By now, every surface everywhere is coated with COVID, no matter here you go. Mayebe a SCUBA suit that will let you travel inside a tank full of bleach might be best . Remember, there is a lot of other , more dangerous stuff out there than just plain old COVID. Probably should wear Kevlar jammies at night, too,, while you're at it. Better to be prepared for everything.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

You know that Washington state almost released the green river killer in their CV19 panic.
        Impressive. One does wonder how someone overlooked that? I mean pleading to 49 murders (and probably as many more he won’t be held accountable for) doesn’t make him your run of the mill car thief or B&E guy. Sigh.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Compared to what?
          AntiFa woman?

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Here is in the final analysis a very legitimate point:

wzbzo1g6jz051.jpg?width=640&height=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=8bd483218095a4b41f99e5b4a32f1f183fe444b5.jpg

I could have just typed it, but I think it is better to have the actual meme here instead of posting it in the meme thread

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• There's someone (with facemask and gloves) in the background behind the dwarf there with a sign "YWG1WGA" - what's that about ?
              Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
                Here is in the final analysis a very legitimate point:

wzbzo1g6jz051.jpg?width=640&height=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=8bd483218095a4b41f99e5b4a32f1f183fe444b5.jpg

I could have just typed it, but I think it is better to have the actual meme here instead of posting it in the meme thread

The wearing of a mask has not as aim to stop the spreading of a pandemic ,because wearing a mask does not stop the spreading of a pandemic .
                Besides there was no obligation for the man to wear a mask, unless you can prove the opposite .
                And,why should the man not carry a gun ? He had the right to do it,unless you can prove the opposite .
                And, afaics, there is no law imposing those who carry a gun to wear a mask,or the opposite .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

The wearing of a mask has not as aim to stop the spreading of a pandemic ,because wearing a mask does not stop the spreading of a pandemic .
                  Besides there was no obligation for the man to wear a mask, unless you can prove the opposite .
                  And,why should the man not carry a gun ? He had the right to do it,unless you can prove the opposite .
                  And, afaics, there is no law imposing those who carry a gun to wear a mask,or the opposite .
                  The carrying of a gun has not as aim to stop mass shooting because carrying a gun does not stop mass shootings
                  Besides there was no obligation for the man to carry a gun, unless you can prove the opposite
                  And why should the man not wear a mask? He had a right to do it, unless you can prove the opposite.

And, afaics, you have no clue what the laws say in every state. There are actually Eos which have the power of law which impose the wearing of masks in certain states and for certain activities or in certain conditions like in crowded spaces or inside stores when people cannot keep social distancing.
                  Last edited by pamak; 26 May 20, 14:19.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• The mask wars:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/polit...lth/index.html

The simple act of wearing a mask to protect others during a pandemic is now a political and cultural flashpoint, underscoring the polarization afflicting every corner of American life.

President Donald Trump's use of the bully pulpit to defy his own government's advice on face coverings has turned into the era's latest ideologically motivated assault on science and civility. His noncompliance is a symbol of his refusal to adopt the customary codes of the presidency during a crisis and his habit of turning even a dire national moment to political advantage. The episode is unfolding at a particularly intense moment of the President's cycle of distortion and distraction; in a first on Tuesday, Twitter appended a fact-check warning to one of his tweets.

Trump and his White House are mocking presumptive Democratic 2020 rival Joe Biden for wearing a mask in public as conservative commentators brand the practice as elite liberal fear-mongering. Biden, in his first in-person interview since the stay-at-home orders, lashed back at Trump in reply, telling CNN's Dana Bash that the President's "macho" and "falsely masculine" behavior was "stoking deaths" in comments that will only deepen national estrangement on the issue.

"He's a fool, an absolute fool to talk that way. I mean every leading doc in the world is saying you should wear a mask when you're in a crowd," Biden said.
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

So what, then, is the purpose of wearing a face mask?

The doctors have stated that the purpose of wearing a mask is to protect other people. Not wearing a mask is both selfish and foolish.
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

• An interesting article on wearing face masks:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/healt...day/index.html

Americans are at odds over whether it's necessary to keep taking coronavirus protective measures, but a leading researcher says the data is clear: The path ahead in the Covid-19 pandemic is being shaped by masks.

"We now have really clear evidence that wearing masks works -- it's probably a 50% protection against transmission," Dr. Chris Murray, director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, or IHME, at the University of Washington, told CNN late Tuesday.

"And so, what happens in the next month or two is very much in the hands of how people respond."

But as health experts stress the importance of wearing masks, the matter has gotten political. President Donald Trump has foregone face coverings in public while his presumptive rival Joe Biden has worn one, staking their ground in the partisan debate over whether masks are a paranoid restriction or a necessary precaution.

Comment

Why do you insist on posting nonsense, conspiracy theories and false information?

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post

Why do you insist on posting nonsense, conspiracy theories and false information?
                            What I said was not nonsense,not a conspiracy theory, not a false information :
                            To wear a mask does not stop the spreading of a pandemic,besides there is no proof that the pandemic is spreading .
                            There is no proof that the man with the gun was obliged to wear a mask .
                            There is no proof that he had not the right to wear a gun .
                            There is no law saying that you can only wear a mask if you carry a gun,or the opposite .
                            The photo is totally irrelevant in a discussion about the wearing of face masks .

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post

So what, then, is the purpose of wearing a face mask?

The doctors have stated that the purpose of wearing a mask is to protect other people.
                              Not wearing a mask is both selfish and foolish.
                              A and B are not related :it is not because the purpose of wearing a mask is to protect other people (and the director of the infamous IHME was obliged to admit that it failed in 50 % of the cases to do what the purpose was ) that every one would be obliged to wear everywhere and always a face mask .
                              I wear a mask only if I am close enough to infect some one .And,if the other person does not wear a mask,why should I wear a mask ? Besides the initial and main effect of being infected is that the overwhelming majority of people do not become sick or do not die .Thus the effect is nihil .

Comment

• Have you seen the increasing numbers in Brazil lately?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X