Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This 'doctor' is a complete idiot...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This 'doctor' is a complete idiot...

    He has no idea what he is talking about:

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/dr...cid=spartandhp

    Dr. Mehmet Oz
    says he "misspoke" making controversial comments where he advocated the opening of the nations schools despite the trade-off of an increase in the total mortality rate.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    They sure do love their celebrities. Z-listers too.

    Comment


    • #3
      And it wasn't just Oz, but Dr Phil and Dr Drew as well.

      Dr Oz is a wuss. A couple of years ago he quite literally freaked out because they found a polyp during his colonoscopy which was benign. That's one of the reasons to have the procedure regularly once you turn 50. I wouldn't trust Oz in anything to do with medicine.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

      Comment


      • #4
        And here are the trio on Fox. And Dr Phil is not a medical doctor but a psychologist...

        https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/media...ews/index.html


        Fox News has displayed a knack in recent weeks for inviting prominent television doctors on its air who make absurd comments that ignite controversy.


        Since the arrival of the coronavirus pandemic, the conservative network has hosted Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Drew Pinsky, and Dr. Phil McGraw on its programs.

        While the three household names have all had success in daytime television, each of them has previously faced serious criticism from medical professionals. Moreover, none of them are infectious disease experts.


        And yet Oz, McGraw, and Pinsky have all appeared on Fox News, making comments that support the network's editorial viewpoint, but which fly in the face of what health officials have said about the coronavirus.

        In the weeks before President Donald Trump declared a national emergency over the pandemic on March 13, Fox News hosts and personalities spent continually downplayed the seriousness of the coronavirus.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Massena View Post
          He has no idea what he is talking about:

          https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/dr...cid=spartandhp

          Dr. Mehmet Oz
          says he "misspoke" making controversial comments where he advocated the opening of the nations schools despite the trade-off of an increase in the total mortality rate.
          This 'doctor '' is a doctor, not a ''doctor ''.You have no right to say that he is a ''doctor '' because you disagree with him .

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ljadw View Post

            This 'doctor '' is a doctor, not a ''doctor ''.You have no right to say that he is a ''doctor '' because you disagree with him .
            I have every right to state my opinion on his incompetence. All three of them are garbage as far as I'm concerned.
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Massena View Post

              I have every right to state my opinion on his incompetence. All three of them are garbage as far as I'm concerned.
              You did not question his competence, but the fact that he is a doctor .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Massena View Post
                And here are the trio on Fox. And Dr Phil is not a medical doctor but a psychologist...

                https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/media...ews/index.html


                Fox News has displayed a knack in recent weeks for inviting prominent television doctors on its air who make absurd comments that ignite controversy.


                Since the arrival of the coronavirus pandemic, the conservative network has hosted Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Drew Pinsky, and Dr. Phil McGraw on its programs.

                While the three household names have all had success in daytime television, each of them has previously faced serious criticism from medical professionals. Moreover, none of them are infectious disease experts.


                And yet Oz, McGraw, and Pinsky have all appeared on Fox News, making comments that support the network's editorial viewpoint, but which fly in the face of what health officials have said about the coronavirus.

                In the weeks before President Donald Trump declared a national emergency over the pandemic on March 13, Fox News hosts and personalities spent continually downplayed the seriousness of the coronavirus.
                A national emergency does not indicate how serious the corona virus is .
                And, that it is a pandemic,is irrelevant for its seriousness and for its importance in the US .
                The official statistics can only prove that a very small number of people who were infected with the CV have died .A number probably less than 10000 .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Again hopefully for the last time slowing the spread is much different than stopping the spread. The only effect of flattening the curve is not to reduce the total number of cases but to prevent the medical system from being overwhelmed. Since children are not ending up in hospitals at an appreciable rate they are a small part of the problem. We now know who is dying and who should stay in isolation in a general sense.

                  This virus is not going away. It will likely kill millions in under developed countries. Those countries will also provide a reservoir for the virus for years. For various reasons people in these countries do not have the LUXURY to self isolate specifically because of infrastructure limitations.

                  The question of how isolation effects mental health has not been discussed extensively. Regardless of whether children should go back to school or not it's the responsibility of mental health experts to raise questions about mental health effects.
                  We hunt the hunters

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If you get your medical advice from television you are a complete idiot. End of story.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                      You did not question his competence, but the fact that he is a doctor .
                      You are wrong (again). Read the first sentence of the OP.
                      We are not now that strength which in old days
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        If you get your medical advice from television you are a complete idiot. End of story.
                        And yet, apparently millions are getting it on Fox news from this guy. Glad to see you believe their all idiots.
                        Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

                          And yet, apparently millions are getting it on Fox news from this guy. Glad to see you believe their all idiots.
                          It's hardly Fox alone. There are plenty of other stations that have bigger idiots on them than Fox, starting with the obvious, Rachel "Madcow" Maddow. She's an absolute raving lunatic and complete imbecile.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                            It's hardly Fox alone. There are plenty of other stations that have bigger idiots on them than Fox, starting with the obvious, Rachel "Madcow" Maddow. She's an absolute raving lunatic and complete imbecile.
                            And...? What does that have to do with the 'doctors three' and the venue they chose or agreed to be on to pass their bogus information?
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                            Comment

                            Latest Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X