The Far-Right is at it Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Really? So restarting the economy is more important than getting rid of the pandemic?
    Yes.

Imagine, the economy of a state like California crippled for years to come or destroyed over (as of right now) 1,072 deaths. That is beyond asininely stupid. Putting safety above everything else is completely and irredeemably idiotic.

Comment

If the virus isn't stopped, cured, etc. the infection will continue to be passed from person to person and you won't have anyone to open the economy.

How many dead are you willing to accept. Money over health and safety. Isn't that a totalitarian idea? At the very least it is a far-right talking point which his being promulgated by Trump. It certainly is inhumane, selfish and completely stupid.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        If the virus isn't stopped, cured, etc. the infection will continue to be passed from person to person and you won't have anyone to open the economy.
        That's utter nonsense. First, a good portion of those infected show little or no symptoms. They are essentially unaffected by it. That means they can operate their portion of the economy without break. For those who do have symptoms, most are over it in under two weeks. That hardly is a major cause of shutdown on its own. For the roughly 1 to 5% (depending on who's numbers you want to accept) that will need more care and the 1% or so that are deathly ill with this, they are not going to bring the economy to a halt by being sick.

So, this virus won't shut the economy down if let spread unchecked.

How many dead are you willing to accept. Money over health and safety. Isn't that a totalitarian idea? At the very least it is a far-right talking point which his being promulgated by Trump. It certainly is inhumane, selfish and completely stupid.
        With a current death rate at 1% or even less, it's fine. It isn't a totalitarian idea either. It's actually free will. The totalitarian idea is that government will force everyone to stay at home, stay away from others, wear a mask, or take other compulsory measures. If you are afraid of catching this thing, stay home, wear a mask, practice social distancing but don't impose that on everyone else because you want it.

Comment

Not only were you wrong on the other thread about the comparison of the coronavirus and influenza, you're wrong here. Common sense should prevail in a health crisis and the overwhelming number of the governors are both correct and within their rights as governors. Trump and the anti- protesters are both wrong and have shown that common sense is not a common virtue.

You have shown that you have little, if any, regard for human life of your fellow citizens and prize money most of all. This isn't a personal attack, but merely confirming what you have posted.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

It's photoshopped. Both of the portions where the people "outside" are yelling were pasted over the original photo. You can easily tell they don't align to any window frame or to the rest of the picture. It's done rather obvious and crappy on the whole.
            Any link of the original photo or is it just a speculation from your part?

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Any link of the original photo or is it just a speculation from your part?
              No link is necessary. Direct observation is sufficient. It is obvious that the two protester photos are clipped and pasted over a photograph taken of a window of a restaurant or similar location.

Comment

No link is necessary. Direct observation is sufficient.
                Sorry buddy!

Link is necessary!

Unlike photoshops when the origin is usually unknown, here we know the name of the person who got the photo

https://www.instagram.com/joshuabickel/?hl=en

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...-joshua-bickel

Joshua Bickel set out to cover a demonstration in Ohio – and within hours, his photo of angry people pressed up against glass took on a life of its own

And without the original photo I do not see your claim that "the people "outside" are yelling were pasted over the original photo. "
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Sorry buddy!

Link is necessary!

Unlike photoshops when the original is usually unknown, here we know the name of the person who got the photo

https://www.instagram.com/joshuabickel/?hl=en

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...-joshua-bickel

Joshua Bickel set out to cover a demonstration in Ohio – and within hours, his photo of angry people pressed up against glass took on a life of its own
                  So? That doesn't prove he didn't photoshop it.

Comment

So? That doesn't prove he didn't photoshop it.

I do not see any proof. All I see is a reflection. The glass shows also the interior of the building.

Again, where is the original photo?

Comment

I do not see any proof. All I see is a reflection. The glass shows also the interior of the building.

Again, where is the original photo?
                      Don't need it. Why are only two areas of the window, both so squarely and cleanly delineated, containing the protesters? Why is the smaller clip on the left of the photo superimposed over the window frame as well as the window? I suppose the black guy in the left hand photo plays in the NBA since his height compared to the others in the photos would put him at well over six feet tall...

I don't need the original photos of the moon landing to know they weren't faked. But, this photo has serious questions about it that indicate it was faked.

Comment

No link is necessary. Direct observation is sufficient. It is obvious that the two protester photos are clipped and pasted over a photograph taken of a window of a restaurant or similar location.
                        IOW, you're just making stuff up. Why must the right always try to invent a conspiracy theory for everything? Is that how people remain oblivious to facts?

Common sense tells me it's a real photo, why should I have reason to suspect otherwise?

Won't find me sitting around inventing conspiracy theories

Comment

Don't need it. Why are only two areas of the window, both so squarely and cleanly delineated, containing the protesters? Why is the smaller clip on the left of the photo superimposed over the window frame as well as the window? I suppose the black guy in the left hand photo plays in the NBA since his height compared to the others in the photos would put him at well over six feet tall...

I don't need the original photos of the moon landing to know they weren't faked. But, this photo has serious questions about it that indicate it was faked.
                          So, you do make things up...

If you have reflections, you can see many things which are not there. Again, nothing suspicious

Now, can you provide at least the link of the photo you posted in #68?

Comment

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

So, you do make things up...

If you have reflections, you can see many things which are not there. Again, nothing suspicious

Now, can you provide at least the link of the photo you posted in #68?
                              The photo is a copy of the original I added the text to.

When the "reflections" are so neatly delineated, and overlap onto the window frame that is not reflective, there's reasonable doubt to believe the photo was photoshopped.

More solid proof is the hats on the two people with "Trump" on them. If those are in a reflection, the writing would be reversed, but if in a direct photo of them, they would read correctly like they do. So, those two portions of the window can't be reflections. Try it in a mirror with a hat with writing on it.

Comment

When the "reflections" are so neatly delineated, and overlap onto the window frame that is not reflective, there's reasonable doubt to believe the photo was photoshopped.
                                No it does not appear to be photoshopped but instead taken through a glass door or panel (maybe a window) behind which there is a door. You can see reflections even on the window frames had you bothered to actually look up the original image:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVqsqy5X...name=4096x4096

More solid proof is the hats on the two people with "Trump" on them. If those are in a reflection, the writing would be reversed, but if in a direct photo of them, they would read correctly like they do. So, those two portions of the window can't be reflections.
                                No one, apart from you yourself, claimed that the person with the hat would been a reflection. Apart from making a straw man argument exactly was the point you were after?
                                It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X