The Far-Right is at it Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

The only people breaking the constitution is the federal government, in trying to do away with habeas corpus. States have the legal authority to issue shelter in place orders. They are not violating the constitution, except in certain parts of NJ where they're unlawfully stopping people in majority black communities.
    You should bring that up with the OP.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

...and there are deaths being recorded that normally wouldn't be:

New York City, already a world epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, sharply increased its death toll by more than 3,700 victims on Tuesday, after officials said they were now including people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have died of it. The new figures, released by the city’s Health Department, drove up the number of people killed in New York City to more than 10,000, and appeared to increase the overall United States death count by 17 percent to more than 26,000. (Goodman and Rashbaum, 4/14)

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/new...robable-cases/

I lived in a country once where every death was listed as AIDS..... didn't matter if death was from TB, malaria, heart attack.............. it was all classified as AIDS. The only death not classified as AIDS were accidents.....

The country used it to boost donations from other countries.
      Yes, if they pass with all the symptoms of COVID, it makes sense to include them.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

You should bring that up with the OP.
        No. It needs to be brought up to the entitled fools who falsely think the states are violating their rights.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Maybe the OP associates people defending the constitution as "Far Right"?
          Maybe the OP does what the Left always does: Smear anyone even the slightest degree to the Right of them as "radical."

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
            This stuff by conservatives- the typical valuing of income/business success over the time & effort spent and lives of people- requires a certain dismissal of the rate of coronavirus dispersion. I didn't take CV seriously at first either when there were a few dozen in the county. But the infection spreads at an unbelievable rate. It went from a non-issue to a big problem in just 3 weeks. The last count has hackensack and teaneck NJ at almost 800 cases and my own towns (2) at over 700 (500 and 200+ a piece).
            Do you recall the situation about three weeks earlier?

For comparison reasons, here is what you said on March 29th and my comment

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...74#post5180774

United States 135,738 2,391
            It'll breach 9-11 figures in a week or less
            Originally posted by pamak View Post

Because some people still do not appreciate the acceleration of an exponential growth, it is useful to point out that

on March 10th (less than three weeks ago), the total deaths in the US were 30. Today, (after less than three weeks) the "30" became "2391."

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Now, obviously the rate is going to slow at some time. The point is that a time period of even a couple of weeks of such trend can generate many casualties.

This is why Fauci said today

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/polit...ntv/index.html

"Whenever the models come in, they give a worst-case scenario and a best-case scenario. Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst case actually came out. They always overshoot," Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House's coronavirus task force, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."
            "I mean, looking at what we're seeing now, you know, I would say between 100 and 200,000 (deaths). But I don't want to be held to that," he said, adding that the US is going to have "millions of cases."

So, less than three weeks before the time of the post, the US had a total of 30 deaths. At the time of the post, the US had 2391 total deaths. Today, less than three weeks after that post, the total US casualties is something like 35,000. People now appreciate better the results of an exponential growth.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Yes, the reports are definitely greatly undercounting the numbers of sick and dead as they are just the "tip of the iceberg"- the tested/ confirmed cases. Unreported, Infected and dead people that didn't go through this narrow channel of measurement aren't factored into the accounting.

Every week, Bergen county has been publishing the numbers of confirmed sick and dead in each town.

In my town, it's approx. 2% of the population are confirmed cases. The real number of sick people could be a much higher percentage- who knows.

All I know is that I hear the ambulance sirens a lot more these days.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Maybe the OP does what the Left always does: Smear anyone even the slightest degree to the Right of them as "radical."
                !
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Yes, if they pass with all the symptoms of COVID, it makes sense to include them.
                  What is the difference between a flu symptom and a covid-19 symptom? The newly classified without testing didn't have a requirement to have "all of the symptoms". Thus type of diagnosing didn't make sense in the middle of Africa and it doesn't make sense here either.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

No. It needs to be brought up to the entitled fools who falsely think the states are violating their rights.
                    Are you saying that individual rights don't apply if the orders are coming from the states?

Comment

Yes, the reports are definitely greatly undercounting the numbers
                      Do you have a source for this? From the link that you responded to, it says presumed.

Comment

If any of the Far Right were involved, they were few in number and possible plants by CNN, MSN, and other leftist in order to promote their political agenda.

On Thursday, Michigan House Speaker Lee Chatfield said he opposed Whitmer’s extension of the stay-at-home order because:

“The government shouldn’t be deciding who is essential. Everyone in Michigan is essential,” said Chatfield. “Instead, Gov. Whitmer should be asking what jobs and activities can be done safely. We need to make safety the deciding factor and allow people in low-risk communities and workplaces to begin getting back to normal. We can do all of that and still prioritize public health as the deciding factor.
                        https://www.wlns.com/news/michigan-c...ecutive-order/

Lt. Darren Green of the Michigan State Police estimated several thousand cars were part of the demonstration, with 100 to 150 people on the Capitol lawn. Green said traffic was backed up for more than a mile around the Capitol in several directions.

“They’re doing a pretty good job of maintaining social distance," Green said. "They’re being respectful and not causing any issues at all.”

Still, many on the sidewalks were passing close to each other, and most were not wearing masks.

Neither the Michigan State Police nor the Lansing Police Department had reported any arrests by 2 p.m local time.
                        https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/5139472002/

Once again, Massena fell for the lies and distortions of MSN in Michigan.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dri...kdown-measures

Of course the expected response will be to dismiss the posted links in favor of the Propaganda of the Left.
                        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Question: How did the OP demonstrate these protesters were / are on the "Far-Right?"
                          The article specifically stated: '
                          included far-right groups as well as more mainstream Republicans' as well as 'many are also supported by street-fighting rightwing groups like the Proud Boys, conservative armed militia groups, religious fundamentalists, anti-vaccination groups and other elements of the radical right.'
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

The article specifically stated: '
                            included far-right groups as well as more mainstream Republicans' as well as 'many are also supported by street-fighting rightwing groups like the Proud Boys, conservative armed militia groups, religious fundamentalists, anti-vaccination groups and other elements of the radical right.'
                            Like I stated earlier, smear anyone and everything to the slightest degree to the Right of the radical Left.

Comment

If it is accurate, then it isn't a 'smear.' And you haven't shown otherwise.
                              We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                                If it is accurate, then it isn't a 'smear.' And you haven't shown otherwise.
                                Why do I have to prove anything. It is self-evident reading the article.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                  Berlin.1945
                                  by casanova
                                  The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                  Yesterday, 23:41
                                • casanova
                                  AW 169M
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                  Yesterday, 23:26
                                • JBark
                                  What changed?
                                  by JBark
                                  There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                  Yesterday, 18:54
                                Working...
                                X