Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Far-Right is at it Again

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Far-Right is at it Again

    Of course, the far-right groups are so small...

    And they cry about the Constitution and their 'rights' when it is convenient...

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...cid=spartandhp
    A wave of planned anti-lockdown demonstrations that have broken out around the country to protest the efforts of state governments to combat the coronavirus pandemic with business closures and stay-at-home orders have included far-right groups as well as more mainstream Republicans.

    While protesters in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and other states claim to speak for ordinary citizens, many are also supported by street-fighting rightwing groups like the Proud Boys, conservative armed militia groups, religious fundamentalists, anti-vaccination groups and other elements of the radical right.




    On Wednesday in Lansing, Michigan, a protest put together by two Republican-connected not-for-profits was explicitly devised to cause gridlock in the city, and for a time blocked the entrance to a local hospital.

    It was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, which Michigan state corporate filings show has also operated under the name of Michigan Trump Republicans. It was also heavily promoted by the Michigan Freedom Fund, a group linked to Trump cabinet member Betsy DeVos.

    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    This stuff by conservatives- the typical valuing of income/business success over the time & effort spent and lives of people- requires a certain dismissal of the rate of coronavirus dispersion. I didn't take CV seriously at first either when there were a few dozen in the county. But the infection spreads at an unbelievable rate. It went from a non-issue to a big problem in just 3 weeks. The last count has hackensack and teaneck NJ at almost 800 cases and my own towns (2) at over 700 (500 and 200+ a piece).

    Comment


    • #3
      The infection rate is less important than the death rate. The infection rate sounds terrifying, but the rate requiring any form of hospitalization is 5% and the death rate is showing to be under 2% and more evidence is coming forward that it may be less than 1%. Practical common sense has to be applied. The cure can't be worse than the disease. Otherwise, we should eliminate motor vehicle travel permanently, since it's the only way to guarantee saving the 38,800 people that died in accidents last year. That seems to be the mindset with this virus.

      Comment


      • #4
        It should be noted that any 'rates' that are seen and computed are not final by any stretch of the imagination. That remains to be done once the pandemic has run its course. Using the rates now as an indicator is incomplete and presents a false picture when compared with other pandemics such as H1N1.

        The major problems with this pandemic is that the virus is extremely easy to pass from one person to the next and it takes about two weeks to know if the infection has been passed on. A pound of caution is better than an ounce of cure.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
          This stuff by conservatives- the typical valuing of income/business success over the time & effort spent and lives of people- requires a certain dismissal of the rate of coronavirus dispersion. I didn't take CV seriously at first either when there were a few dozen in the county. But the infection spreads at an unbelievable rate. It went from a non-issue to a big problem in just 3 weeks. The last count has hackensack and teaneck NJ at almost 800 cases and my own towns (2) at over 700 (500 and 200+ a piece).
          The common cold and the flu also have "unbelievable" infection rates, and measles is 18 times more infectious than CV. As Blackhat pointed out, what matters is the mortality rat, which is extremely low. What also matters are the sequelae* which so far are nil.

          *(An example of sequelae is the loss of hearing from some childhood diseases and the heart problems caused by rheumatic fever as a child.)

          The most "unbelievable" thing about CV is the hype, misinformation, government BS and just plain idiocy and panic associated with it.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blackhat View Post
            The infection rate is less important than the death rate. The infection rate sounds terrifying, but the rate requiring any form of hospitalization is 5% and the death rate is showing to be under 2% and more evidence is coming forward that it may be less than 1%. Practical common sense has to be applied. The cure can't be worse than the disease. Otherwise, we should eliminate motor vehicle travel permanently, since it's the only way to guarantee saving the 38,800 people that died in accidents last year. That seems to be the mindset with this virus.
            Exactly.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              Where are they when Trump's federal government is coming for their rights? No where to be seen or heard.

              Protesting during a pandemic will allow Darwinism to run its course.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

              The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Blackhat View Post
                The infection rate is less important than the death rate. The infection rate sounds terrifying, but the rate requiring any form of hospitalization is 5% and the death rate is showing to be under 2% and more evidence is coming forward that it may be less than 1%. Practical common sense has to be applied. The cure can't be worse than the disease. Otherwise, we should eliminate motor vehicle travel permanently, since it's the only way to guarantee saving the 38,800 people that died in accidents last year. That seems to be the mindset with this virus.
                17,000 recovered, 14,000 dead in NY alone. Mortality rate is much worse than 2%. On top of that, the US is not reporting/recording all COVID related fatalities. They're hiding the real numbers just as they did in China.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

                The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Infection is still a costly pain in the ass, we have too many posters here blinkered by selfish and agenda driven right wing opinion leaders with their endless stream of bogus arguments and rhetoric.

                  Apparently getting sick is only a problem if it leads to you being a dead old person. When the US reaches 1 million confirmed sick, heavily concentrated in the epicenters, it matters not- only the tens of thousands to over 100,000 dead matter

                  They played you for fools as usual while getting paid by their masters to spread disinformation

                  I do get how hermits and shut-ins in the countryside don't care about the coronavirus though
                  Last edited by Cult Icon; 17 Apr 20, 11:51.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

                    17,000 recovered, 14,000 dead in NY alone. Mortality rate is much worse than 2%. On top of that, the US is not reporting/recording all COVID related fatalities. They're hiding the real numbers just as they did in China.
                    The numbers are extremely laggy - per reality. They roughly double every week. However we are getting closer to the truth. I monitor the town/county/state for my state every week. NJ/NY are still in deep trouble and we haven't peaked yet. There has been a slight slowing in the rapid growth rate, which is a positive sign though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Question: How did the OP demonstrate these protesters were / are on the "Far-Right?"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Question: How did the OP demonstrate these protesters were / are on the "Far-Right?"
                        Maybe the OP associates people defending the constitution as "Far Right"?
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post

                          The numbers are extremely laggy - per reality. They roughly double every week. However we are getting closer to the truth. I monitor the town/county/state for my state every week. NJ/NY are still in deep trouble and we haven't peaked yet. There has been a slight slowing in the rapid growth rate, which is a positive sign though.
                          Not just the lag, but there are a lot of deaths going unrecorded.

                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...a6d_story.html

                          https://www.propublica.org/article/t...-than-reported

                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

                          The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                            Maybe the OP associates people defending the constitution as "Far Right"?
                            The only people breaking the constitution is the federal government, in trying to do away with habeas corpus. States have the legal authority to issue shelter in place orders. They are not violating the constitution, except in certain parts of NJ where they're unlawfully stopping people in majority black communities.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

                            The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              ...and there are deaths being recorded that normally wouldn't be:

                              New York City, already a world epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, sharply increased its death toll by more than 3,700 victims on Tuesday, after officials said they were now including people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have died of it. The new figures, released by the city’s Health Department, drove up the number of people killed in New York City to more than 10,000, and appeared to increase the overall United States death count by 17 percent to more than 26,000. (Goodman and Rashbaum, 4/14)

                              https://khn.org/morning-breakout/new...robable-cases/

                              I lived in a country once where every death was listed as AIDS..... didn't matter if death was from TB, malaria, heart attack.............. it was all classified as AIDS. The only death not classified as AIDS were accidents.....

                              The country used it to boost donations from other countries.
                              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X