The Buck Stops here?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I didn't name one because none of them are worth a bucket of spit. They're just another version of blogs and opinion pieces.
    Do you think millions of other people in America feel the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
      Do you think millions of other people in America feel the same way?
      Who cares what their feelings are. Those are irrelevant to the subject. That's an appeal to emotion rather than a cognitive argument.

Comment

The information from the CDC and NHS is as reliable as you're going to get. And CNN publishes the numbers they get from either or both institutions as do other news services. That isn't emotional, that is cold hard fact. And the numbers change on an hourly basis as more people get sick and others die from the virus.

The correct term to use is 'believe' instead of feel. However, feelings do come into it when a family member gets sick and others die. Being callous about it says much more about you than anything else. And that is what is worth 'a bucket of spit' to use your own term.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          The information from the CDC and NHS is as reliable as you're going to get. And CNN publishes the numbers they get from either or both institutions as do other news services. That isn't emotional, that is cold hard fact. And the numbers change on an hourly basis as more people get sick and others die from the virus.

The correct term to use is 'believe' instead of feel. However, feelings do come into it when a family member gets sick and others die. Being callous about it says much more about you than anything else. And that is what is worth 'a bucket of spit' to use your own term.
          My best Friend, like me a retried Vet and two tours in Nam has tested positive and is in self quarintine and his old wife, past 80, in in the hospital. Maybe the fools taking the CV litly need to get a dose of reality
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I believe they do. Belittling the pandemic and what it can do is just plain stupid to my mind.

My best to you, your friend, and his wife. Good luck to us all.

We're not being affected too much in North Carolina and specifically in Jacksonville.

Do you remember the old commercial with the woman playing Mother Nature and saying 'It's not nice to fool Mother Nature?' People should pay attention to the science and not to the politics.
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X