Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

overuse of ventilators for covid 19 patients..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overuse of ventilators for covid 19 patients..

https://nationalpost.com/health/diff..._autoplay=true

simply providing supplemental oxygen may be a better answer than intubation.....
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Didn't I say they were not the panacea that the media made the out to be, weeks ago?

Okay, we we will have warehouses full of them for the next 50 years, nothing we can do about that now.

How about shifting to making Chlora Quinn available to all?
    Or is taking concrete steps to end this still too political?

Comment

50% of those who require a ventilator die, in the end.
      ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
      2) Enjoy playing it
      3) Enjoy sharing it
      4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Phaing View Post
        Didn't I say they were not the panacea that the media made the out to be, weeks ago?

Okay, we we will have warehouses full of them for the next 50 years, nothing we can do about that now.

What I do remember is a **** load of complainers on this forum saying state authorities and hospitals should have had loads of ventilators on stock for whenever a pandemic strikes.
        You can't have it both ways: demand to be prepared for any pandemic, and then claim too much has been stocked.

I also remember from the 27th of March, and this one is just as classic as quite a few others:

General Motors MUST immediately open their stupidly abandoned Lordstown plant in Ohio, or some other plant, and START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!! FORD, GET GOING ON VENTILATORS, FAST!!!!!!
        Quite panicky.
        I guess they were not the panacea that President Trump made them out to be, weeks ago.
        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
          50% of those who require a ventilator die, in the end.
          And 50% live... Glass half full or half empty?

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
            https://nationalpost.com/health/diff..._autoplay=true

simply providing supplemental oxygen may be a better answer than intubation.....

Pulmonoligists and ED doctors will start simple when treating any patient in respiratory distress. Just sitting some one up will correct many peoples problems. If that doesn't work they will start with low levels of oxygen through a nasal cannula going up to a non-rebreather with higher levels of oxygen.

Many patients can be put on C-Pap or Bi-Pap to assist breathing.

The last line is a intubation and a ventilator.

It is best if you can keep a patient off a ventilator with less aggressive treatments.

Most patients will be clear cut on what they need. Doctors will always argue about the borderline patients.

A patient that has stopped breathing is probably going on a vent. Some one who is breathing 8 times a minute and mental status is going down hill will probably get a vent . Some Dr. may wait a little to see if less aggressive treatments will work.

They call it the practice of medicine for a reason. Doctors can argue about the borderline patients all day long.
            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Interesting article, especially for those of us with no medical experience.

The problem that Trump faces is the fake news. Nobody is making a big deal out Cuomo's wildly pessimistic guess on how many ventilators NY would need but we see constant contradictory statements out of the press on what Trump has called for. Liberals are masters of the art of cognitive dissonance. If even one person died because of the lack of a ventilator the press would accuse Trump of manslaughter yet Cuomo, Pelosi and other liberal idiots can encourage "hugging" a Chinese national and they are called statesman like. The same goes for travel bans. Trump I have no doubt would have placed travel bans in place much earlier if our dishonest press and liberal pundits were not constantly lying about his intentions.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Try this - buy Schwepp's Quinine water from the store and add a zinc vitamin supplement. That's all you need.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                  Interesting article, especially for those of us with no medical experience.

The problem that Trump faces is the fake news. Nobody is making a big deal out Cuomo's wildly pessimistic guess on how many ventilators NY would need but we see constant contradictory statements out of the press on what Trump has called for. Liberals are masters of the art of cognitive dissonance. If even one person died because of the lack of a ventilator the press would accuse Trump of manslaughter yet Cuomo, Pelosi and other liberal idiots can encourage "hugging" a Chinese national and they are called statesman like. The same goes for travel bans. Trump I have no doubt would have placed travel bans in place much earlier if our dishonest press and liberal pundits were not constantly lying about his intentions.
                  I'd volunteer to hug Suzi Wong....

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post

What I do remember is a **** load of complainers on this forum saying state authorities and hospitals should have had loads of ventilators on stock for whenever a pandemic strikes.
                    You can't have it both ways: demand to be prepared for any pandemic, and then claim too much has been stocked.

I also remember from the 27th of March, and this one is just as classic as quite a few others:

Quite panicky.
                    I guess they were not the panacea that President Trump made them out to be, weeks ago.
                    So, I was right, but the goal is to still try and make it sound like I was wrong and make it into another political attack on Trump by lying about who was beating the drum over ventilators.... like Cuomo and and (as I said), the media.

Just keep choosing politics over living people, and see how that works in November.

Comment

If she was a real person, I'm sure she would appreciate it.
                      But you might want to wear a mask.

Comment

In case you haven't noticed I'm something of a prude. Maintaining a civilized attitude towards sexuality is always going to be a challenge because crazy apes are not suited for civilization.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

If she was a real person, I'm sure she would appreciate it.
                          But you might want to wear a mask.
                          Given my age and general homliness, suzi might insist on me wearing one....

Comment

The young lady pictured is most probably from a movie that is almost 60 years old. So she is probably around 80 today.

Not being judgmental. She is probably a sweet grandma or even great grandma by now. Some guys are into that.

And she might be into furries . Who doesn't like the cookie monster?
                            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Actually, they will come in quite useful. when covid 19 spreads to Africa, they will need cheap, rugged ventilators.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X